Insomnia and sleeping pills

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 07:16 pm
I don't want anyone to feel uncomfortable, but I would like to know if any of you have had ambian prescribed for insomnia? I found it to be very difficult on my system, seemed to cause sleep walking, making phone calls in the middle of the night and not remembering the next day. All together a total disaster. Would anyone else like to contribute?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 834 • Replies: 2
No top replies

xingu

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 07:36 pm
I've taken ambien for several years. I had to go to sleep early (8PM) and I couldn't do it without ambien.

I'm retired now and no longer take it. I have no problem going to sleep at midnight. I keep some handy in case I need it to get myself to bed early.

I never had any problems with ambien and it worked. But not all drugs act the same for every person. If you have bad experiences with ambien you should switch to another one.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 08:13 am
xingu, thanks for replying. I have switched to a new medication called Lunesta. I comes in 1mg, 2mg and 3mg doses. It doesn't help me get to sleep as fast as ambian, but at least I'm not making phones calls 2 hours after falling asleep. One of the networks did a story on ambian a while back. It seems that some people have had very strange side effects while taking ambian. This could possibly be because people occassionally make mistakes with their medication, but I recall seeing some behaviours that I had whiule taking the medication. It's just not for me, the lunesta will have to do.
0 Replies