Dinner tonight - or last night.

panzade

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2015 07:05 pm
Went to a Blues Jam at Double Roads Tavern.
Food was pretty good for a Blues joint.
Anyway, I ordered their pot roast sliders. 3 sliders filled with pot roast, gravy on the side and steak fries.
My goodness. Had to make 'em at home last night.
http://s3-media3.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/IhgwZxVnUlicPlahUE4rYg/o.jpg
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2015 08:43 pm
Digiorno meat pizzeria style plus in order bottom to top

green pepper
onion
caned mushroom
garlic
pepperoni
Mexi blend shredded cheese (Jack, Ched, asiago and something else)
Parm
Mrs Dash
Fresh ground italian spice
crushed red pepper

Wife is doing happy hour with her gal pals in Seattle , I am a bachelor tonight.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2015 08:48 pm
@panzade,
You're making me crave some serious protein.

(and we need to get this page moving so the salmon <gak> at the top disappears to another page)
ossobuco

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2015 09:04 pm
@ehBeth,
Lemon chicken thigh, this time a batch slow sauteed (garlic, pepper flakes, s + p, dab of olive oil), a Paul Bertolli recipe that was hard to decipher from the link I followed, but came out fine. I'd go back to my old Giuliano Bugialli recipe (roasting) though, much easier and easily as good.

then I checked out the pear torte I threw together earlier. What? no greens? Manana.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2015 09:13 pm
@panzade,
Are you up there playing?
panzade

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2015 09:53 pm
@ehBeth,
<chuckle> I'm working on it
panzade

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2015 09:54 pm
@ossobuco,
no, I was inhaling the sliders
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2015 10:07 pm
@panzade,
I'd been thinking of making noodle kugel tomorrow, but sliders ... pot roast ...

I could make a savory noodle kugel with a mini pot roast

sliders on the weekend ...

mmmm
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 08:59 pm
Chicken hearts and gizzards stewed in fresh apple cider, Apple cider vinegar. tabasco, creole seasoning, butter, cumin, ground chilis, mexican oregano, Fresh ground italian seasonings, chicken base, Mrs Dash, celery and carrots for a few hours, then thickened with flour, over mashed.

OUT OF THIS WORLD GOOD!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 09:09 pm
@ehBeth,
I got distracted and ended up making a very good Moroccan chickpea chili.

Def not Set's favourite. He is not a chickpea fan. The leftovers will obviously be mine Smile and I'm good with that. He's lucky that I tend to indulge in chickpeas when I'm out, but sometimes I just have to have them at home.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/moroccan-chickpea-chili-0

I really love how chickpeas, onions and carrots look when they're cooking.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2015 09:11 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
The leftovers will obviously be mine Smile and I'm good with that. He's lucky that I tend to indulge in chickpeas when I'm out, but sometimes I just have to have them at home.

You are lucky to have a man who puts up with your chickpea love. Chickpea chili is kinda out there.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2015 10:50 am
@ehBeth,
I am another chickpea fan. I always meant to try Bittman's fried chickpeas with choriso and spinach, but I tossed all my ny times recipes as they use up paywall space. Now I looked and found a riff on it here:

http://www.lechefsblog.com/2010/02/25/mark-bittmans-fried-chickpeas-with-chorizo-minimalist-cooking/

I'm a can/processed food avoider except for good san marzano tomatoes (and the odd other thing or two) so I'd use my slow cooker and dried chickpeas. With a regular batch, I could make hummus and some pasta fagioli with some sausage too, after making some freezer room.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2015 07:14 pm
@ossobuco,
having the last of the chickpea carrot chili with a warmed bagel and poached egg

lots and lots of freshly ground black pepper

so delish
ossobuco

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2015 07:31 pm
@ehBeth,
I'm a black pepper fan too..

I'm nearing the last of the soup mania - two soups nurtured separately by reheating and adding stuff, doing it again, and so on, finally putting them together. Not bad at all but indescribable, many ingredients.
farmerman

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2015 08:44 pm
@ossobuco,
Mrs F made a really great braised red cabbage (from our garden) made with a fragrant stew of onion carrots and kabanosy sausages. (If amnyone isinterested I could taste rosemary, some chunks of tart apple, onion and lotsa pepper .
The kabanosy , she said, was only in the whole fluid for about 30 min (kielbasis have a habit of losing flavor in the soup unless they are put in last (kabanosy is a polak slim jim -its a smoked thin kielbasi)
ossobuco

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2015 08:53 pm
@farmerman,
oooh, I think I'll try to copy that. No kielbasa near me, but we do have a good sausage maker up a bit on Coors Blvd. What's the basic meat in the sausage? I've been known to attempt making sausage. Whatever could go wrong?? (No casing, that's what)
farmerman

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2015 09:15 pm
@ossobuco,
pork and veal and kielbasi spices like garlic, fennel, pepper, salt, and some other spice. Im sure your butcher has a kielbasi recipe and that can be used for kabanosy. ALSO-its gotta be double smoked
ossobuco

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2015 09:28 pm
@farmerman,
Thanks!
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2015 10:19 pm
Wife had gotten a blood sausage ring, which I have never had before. Cooked it up in a crockpot with kidney beans and a bunch of veggies and spices. Pretty tasty.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 7 Nov, 2015 05:53 pm
cooked rice with about 6 ounces of mushrooms

added the combo as well as about 2 cups of green beans to

http://campbells-soup-362252ef.s3.amazonaws.com/Documents/Images/Products/ListingImages/EG_CTCR_540ml_3D_E.png

shlurping up the results