Dinner tonight - or last night.

ehBeth

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 11:48 am
Went out with some dance friends last night.

We went to a fun little pub that doesn't really like to do food. They encourage people to go to nearby restaurants to bring back food. Since we'd originally been planning to go to a potluck we took our food with us. We had a great antipasto platter with lots of really good olives, crackers and lots of greek dips.

We had a table near the front of the pub. Everyone coming in and out stopped to look at our food - it was the best-looking (and tasting) food in the place last night.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 08:12 pm
@ehBeth,
beef/pea/noodle kind of stew
it was very tasty
ossobuco

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 08:18 pm
@ehBeth,
porky soup - leftover bbq "country ribs" (what?) that had a nice rub and sauce a while ago. So, bits of pork with a some tomato and onion and peas the odd greens and mad. pink rice in a porky broth. Good but I'm getting weary of it.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 08:18 pm
@ossobuco,
I'm really looking forward to new peas.
farmerman

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 08:22 pm
@ehBeth,
yea Risi a Bisi with fresh sugar pods.

We wont have much of a pea crop. Its already April FOOLS and I don't have my peas in . We still have a bit of snow on the garden beds
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2014 09:53 pm
ribs at Gabby's

the ribs were very good but the best part of the meal was the coleslaw - it was really peppery
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2014 06:33 pm
honey garlic sausages, thick slices of vidalia onion and kumato on the grill

a wedge of potato burek on the side

this is summer living!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2014 06:48 pm
5 hours in scorching heat playing at Capt Hiram's Sandbar. Gallons of ice water and I'm exhausted.
Dinner is rice and butter beans. And a Sierra Nevada IPA to rehydrate.
http://eileenseitz.com/wp-content/uploads/artshop-images/image.php/4a942a6a791bf0b15006924.jpg?w=525&h=525&s=50|0.5|3&image=http://eileenseitz.com/wp-content/uploads/artshop-images/images-original/4a942a6a791bf0b15006924.jpg
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2014 06:50 pm
SW chicken salad from Schlotzsky's.

meh.
panzade

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2014 07:24 pm
@chai2,
Is that a deli chain now?
I ate at one in NY city
chai2

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2014 07:32 pm
@panzade,
Yeah. It started here in Austin. Their flagship store is about 2 blocks from WF's flagship store.

There are some things from there that are really good. I don't really like their Original sandwich, but there are other things, like the pastraimi and swiss, or beef and provolone that are nice.

Their pizza's suck donkey dong. Do not go there.

I had a BOGO coupon and got 2 salads and ate with a neighbor.

I think the fact my tomatoes and cucumbers are all coming in now has me pretty vegged out, so salad probably wasn't what my body wanted.
alex240101

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 07:22 am
Filet tenderloin medium topped with shrimp and a cajun bernaise. each was wonderful on its own, together, overload.
And french fires, hand cut double fried. The dipping was between ketchup and the bernaise.
mismi

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 05:13 pm
@alex240101,
Aw! I am so glad to see you Alex!

I don't know if I have had double fried french fries. It all sounds amazing.

I made Risotto with grilled chicken. I chopped up the chicken, chopped up fresh mozzarella into cubes, cherry tomatoes and fresh basil and stirred it in. Amazingly fresh tasting.

Happy taste buds tonight.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 05:14 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
Their pizza's suck donkey dong. Do not go there.

Good lord. I shall not.
alex240101

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2014 11:22 am
@mismi,
Sunshine to you mismi.

Home made linguine noodle (No, I am not responsible for the fresh noodles), added to a pan that just sauteed shrimp, in garlic, shallot, olive oil, butter, and a splash of what ever the wine was on my refrigerator door. Diced roma tomatoes, and bread crumbs added to finish.
mismi

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2014 07:51 am
@alex240101,
I made chicken and sausage jambalaya last night. It was pretty good. Not quite spicy enough. Used my hot sauce on the back end. The boys ate it up though.

Watermelon on the back porch for desert.

Love summer.

I made a chocolate eclair cake for tonight though. I am looking forward to it. It had to set overnight so it wasn't ready.

Not sure what we are having for dinner tonight yet.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2014 07:55 am
@mismi,
mismi wrote:
Used my hot sauce on the back end.

Laughing

classic!
ehBeth

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2014 07:56 am
@mismi,
turkey burger with Italian seasonings

strawberries with vanilla sugar

simple and just fine
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2014 07:56 am
@ehBeth,
Ha! Love it when I do things like that.

Laughing
alex240101

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2014 10:19 am
@mismi,
They are in the oven.
Here is a neat link.

http://amazingribs.com/tips_and_technique/are_they_ready.html

I agree. Ribs should not fall off the bone.

I have some medium white potatoes. I am attempting a better double fried french fry and going with a medium starch potato. I am going by what I read. I have had end results where the french fry is crispy on outside golden, and soft mashy almost inside. My attempts are never consistent that way, so now I am investigating what I need to do to.