Dinner tonight - or last night.

ossobuco

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2012 06:34 pm
@jcboy,
I'll admit it looks good, and you didn't put the whole package of pepperoni on, did you... or did you? Shows a kind of pizza temperance I can get behind....
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2012 06:43 pm
@jcboy,
I meant ticket to Naples (I haven't been there either, so it goes) but you are all welcome here for sure. Not in August.
0 Replies

MMarciano

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2012 06:46 pm
That was a damn good pizza. He sure has come a long way in the last few months, gets better each time he cooks. I just may leave the smoke detector up next time.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2012 05:45 pm
Din Din in Tampa tonight. Shrimp tempura, sushi and hot and sour soup.

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2576/dinfsr.jpg

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/1790/din1l.jpg
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2012 05:25 pm
We are waiting for Antonio's daddy to get home from the gym then the three of us are having dinner downtown, our friday night family dinner out. Sometimes thursdays Cool
EqualityFLSTPete

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2012 06:09 pm
@jcboy,
Enjoy!
jcboy

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2012 07:42 pm
@EqualityFLSTPete,
Tryst downtown sucks big time.
Setanta

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2012 07:43 pm
Bangers . . . couldn't be arsed to make a mash . . .
0 Replies

EqualityFLSTPete

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2012 08:00 pm
@jcboy,
They're new in town. Give them a little time.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2012 09:09 am
met Ginny at Daddyo's last night.

I had a half order of fries with wasabi mayo, a half order of BLT salad, and a half order of their incredibly awesome pasta. I selected penne, their bolognese and spicy Italian sasauge. Another fine fine meal at Daddyo's.

Ginny had a half order of their gnocchi in bolognese as her pasta. I tried one. I was impressed.

farmerman

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2012 09:48 am
@ehBeth,
Is that just a local restaurant in Toronto ?

the boy is here for the weekend and he wants mac and cheese and spare ribs . Oh well, guess Ill just have to forego the tattinger and serve hard cider.
(Hard cider goes well with mac and cheese Ive been told)
jcboy

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2012 04:59 pm
@farmerman,
Having dinner home tonight. Marco is putting steaks on the grill then baked potatoes and grilled zucchini.
farmerman

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2012 05:21 pm
@jcboy,
I grow zuchinni just to keep cutworms away from the sweetcorn. I never learned to like zuchinni or eggplant, even in ratatouille. I dont like their consistencies when cooked and I hate em when fried.

We had our mac and cheese and spare ribs. Now the kid is retringing a Gibson C-1 classical guitar that I got at auction for 200$
jcboy

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2012 05:25 pm
@farmerman,
It’s not one of my favorites either but I don’t mind it grilled, not sure what seasonings he puts on it before grilling but its quite tasty.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2012 08:55 pm
@jcboy,
I like both when they taste good; zucchini from my yard. I only plant one. I say that in past tense.

Eggplant has varied for me so I'm wary. I do have favorite eggplant dishes. But I haven't grown it and cooked it fresh. Best was at a restaurant in LA called Ca' Brea. A slice with bufula mozzarella on top grilled fast, served fast. Eat, already.
Wonderful place.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2012 10:33 pm
@farmerman,
Daddyo's is a little place on the edge of the university campus in Toronto. Great stuff.

Tonight was less impressive (though still tasty). BrendaLee and I went to Tim Hortons to chat prior to going to a performance of Handel's Hercules. We shared an order of chili - she had a bagel on the side. I had a jumbo tea and then a medium one. I missed my morning tea and was seriously flagging 5 p.m.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2012 08:56 pm
@ehBeth,
I put a half a butternut squash (punkin for the auzzies) in to bake as I head out to work in the shop. it'll be quite toasty and tasty when I am ready to stop for supper...
Dutchy

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2012 11:28 pm
@Rockhead,
Lobster and fresh salads, followed by sliced pineapple chunks with cream.
Ragman

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 12:59 am
@Dutchy,
I made chicken piccata (frist time ever) and steamed some snow pea pods.
jcboy

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 06:08 pm
@Ragman,
Tonight Marco marinated boneless skinless chicken breast, then grilled them. Made a spinach and tomato salad then he shucked the corn off the cob, fried it in olive oil and garlic mixed it together with wheat pasta, it was excellent!