the cold war

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 11:42 pm
i believe nimh will have updates on current situation. he knows about such things.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 12:03 am
Sounds like the Battle of Armageddon!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 05:04 am
<chuckles>

It was a slow evening at Chez K 'n' Dag, was it? Razz
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 08:57 am
hey, nimh. i thought you would be able to shed light on those important historical events, and there you are, chuckling.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 10:35 am
I had no idea that Dag and Lil Kay were so deeply studied in Klavian history . . . i am in awe . . . i sit at their feet to learn . . .
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 11:22 am
oh, I only know a bit about Eastern Klaves in Klavia Minor.... the Klavia Major history I don't dare touch. But I heard you were erudite in those matters and hope you can help us paint the whole picture.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 12:34 pm
What.... nobody wants to share their account of the Second Biafrian War?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 12:39 pm
The problem with any disucssion of Klavia Major is the constant whirl of changing tribal alliances and clan confederations--it is so easy to lose one's way, and soon one cannot tell a Luxavian sept from an Oligidite clan--largely because of the recurrence of dynastic names. I mean, with fifteen different clan leaders named Czyklnzyg in the period of the Stalhapian usurpation alone it just becomes bewildering.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 01:24 pm
Hey, I lost my father's uncle's second cousin Gilbert in the Second Biafrian War!

He ended up in Eastern Lowest Frigia. Took him six weeks and 17 detours to get home. Never did find his luggage. Damned Biafrian trains...
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 01:59 pm
I'm so sorry to hear that, blacksmith. The Second Biafrian war took its toll on almost every family at the time. My grandmother Postrckostrc was also involved in the war. She joined the underground partisan movement in Kurbistan that fought on two fronts - one against the invading Chalcedonians and the other in the hills of Eshmonia. She lost her leg climbing over one of the dreaded Biafrian trains - she fell under as the train started moving towards Lichtenstoon. But she still did not give up. Postrckostrc devised a fake leg out of fujaza, the long wooden wind instrument used by the Oligite clan in their festivities. She got a violet kidney medal from the President of the liberated Kurbistan after the war. We still have it displayed in our china cabinet along with the hideous porcellain collection from Aunt Zelga.
0 Replies

m3bop1022

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 07:50 am
what the hell? well i'm glad i really got that question answered. thanks.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 08:45 am
oops

Embarrassed
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 08:48 am
You're welcome, Bubba . . . if you have any more homework assignments, you just drop on by, and we won't help you with those, either . . .
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 09:54 am
Personally, I thought we were very helpful....
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 09:58 am
i'd like to think so too. it helped me a lot.
0 Replies

Maradona

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 03:50 pm
During WWII, the USSR, Great Britain, and the US made up the "Big Three," the alliance that defeated the Nazis and fascism. Why did that alliance fall apart and what led to the Cold War? Who do you believe was at fault for the Cold War and why do you believe that?

heres my best response:

The alliance fell apart due to communist fears in the U.S. I believe there was never a friendly alliance b/w the russians and the americans. It was just a mirage inorder to defeat the bigger threat. Someguy from germany or something. Look at what happened in japan. The U.S did not want USSR to get involved. The U.S thought if USSR got involved in Japan, than they would be looking for an incentive. so after WWII, there were only two major powers. USSR with the biggest army in the World. And America with an untouched economy and the nuke. We feared the communist USSR, and this can be seen when truman issued the truman doctrine. And
the marshall plan and the berlin airlift. We were going to do anything to hold the spread of communism. Dont feel like writing anymore. hopeit heps.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 08:01 am
So, you're saying it wasn't the Chalcedonians?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 08:05 am
What does he know. I myself am from The Isles of Lichtenstoon. We lived the war. It was rough, man. Rough I tell you.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 08:11 am
Tell me about it. My grandparents were refugees from the Isles of Langerhans. The stories they could tell about the Chalcedonian atrocities would curl your hair-- or straighten it if it started out curly.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 16 May, 2006 08:15 am
It is wavy.... sometimes more straight, sometimes more curly... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies