Pickles for lunch

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 02:04 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Wiejske Wyroby.

I have never heard of those cjhsa. No costcos around here but I'll look for them.
0 Replies

Bear75056

Reply Sun 21 May, 2006 01:15 am
RIP Wiejske Wyroby. I miss them!!
Returning To Pickle Paradise

09/ 27/ 2005
by Pat Hunn
Some people are born with a silver spoon in their mouths. I was born with a pickle in mine. My father started the successful Wiejske Wyroby brand of pickles when I was a child. Though I grew up in the business, I never expected to make it my life's work. But before long I was putting my business degree to work for the family business, shadowing my father and learning firsthand how to run the business. When my dad had had enough of the pickle business, we decided to accept a buyout offer from the Campbell Soup Company. I stayed on board as part of the deal, but little did I know how hard it would be to make the switch from entrepreneur to corporate executive.

At the time, Campbell's was buying up small independents in order to make its Vlasic pickle brand the top of the heap. As part of the deal with Campbell's, I stayed on as a representative for all food products sold to Wal-Mart and Sam's Club.
0 Replies