I want to "bury the hatchet"

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 02:42 am
My friend and I had an argument months ago, we fought with each other and decided to end our friendship. She was really special to me, we fooled around and had an awesome time together. We went out on many dates, but never fully called each other exclusive. I guess we were both scared of risking what we had together.

After our fight, we never talked to each other again. Mostly because it was the end of high school, and we both went to different universities.

Recently in my bible study group, and we were analyzing a passage. Basically it said that we should look at the big picture, and weigh the consequences. It really hit me. Our friendship should of never ended over something as stupid as an argument. It should of stayed strong, however both of us were so focused on hurting each other that we were never able to contemplate what we were doing until it was too late. In terms of size, our argument mattered 1 inch, while our friendship was worth a mile; and we were never able to figure that out.

I really want to "bury this hatchet" and see if we are able to become friends again. But, i do not know how to approach it.

Please help me guys, i would really appreciate it Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 622 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Chumly

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 04:27 am
Did you have sex?
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 05:19 am
Do you want her back as a friend or as a (potential) lover? Figure that out first.

Then it's just a matter of wooing her with acts of selflessness and humility. Laughing

A woman loves to be right. Let her be right and apologize and treat her well. Then rest is up to her.
0 Replies

smog

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 10:30 am
One time, a friend of mine told me flat out that he didn't want to be my friend anymore, which I thought was an odd thing to say, so I just let it slide. Some time later, he apologized and all was well in the world.

Mind you, I didn't have any sort of romantic thing with him, so your situation and mine aren't exactly similar. But since you seem to want the friendship, not the romance, back, I think, as flushd said, you should do what my friend did and apologize. Tell her honestly. Wait for her response. Hope it all goes well. Avoiding it or treating it with anything less than honesty won't achieve much.
0 Replies