First love

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 08:01 am
How long did it take you to get over it?
any tips?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 822 • Replies: 15
No top replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 08:04 am
aspirin
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 08:05 am
hmmmmm.... thanx gus. not quite the answer i was looking for.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 08:05 am
You still haven't gotten over me, huh, Pentacle?

It takes time.
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 08:06 am
Lol... how long?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 08:07 am
Never. If you truly love someone you never "get over" it. You might not love them romantically like you did before but you still care about them.

I still think about my first love and it's been 11 years since we broke up. I don't think about him in that romantic sense but I do wonder how he is and hope he is doing well in life. In fact, all my past loves I feel that way about. Even if you get your heart broken, eventually you will forgive them and wonder how they are doing. Well, most people forgive...some are just vindictive maniacs who can't let go of a past that doesn't want them anymore. But that's a whole other thread.
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 08:15 am
yeah, its just my ex wants to meet up with me, and i dont know if i should because im not completely over him yet, and although i have a new boyfriend he is in france for 3 and half months, and i dont wanna fall back in love with my ex. hmmm...
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 08:27 am
The Pentacle Queen wrote:
yeah, its just my ex wants to meet up with me, and i dont know if i should because im not completely over him yet, and although i have a new boyfriend he is in france for 3 and half months, and i dont wanna fall back in love with my ex. hmmm...

The best way to not fall for temptation is to not put yourself in a bad situation. Your intentions may be good but once you get there, something will trigger a memory and you just might end up doing something you will regret. And if you don't want to mess up what you have with your current boyfriend, I'd stick to your gut feeling. Don't meet him.

Or at the very least, if you really feel like you need closure, meet him in a public place and leave it at lunch. Don't do lunch and then go for a walk, play at the park, or listen to music at his house. Don't get into deep conversations. It's hard not to when those hormones kick in. So my advice is to just not do it.

Temptation is a strong, powerful thing, even to the best of us.

I always get so angry at people who do silly things and then complain that they feel guilty and awful about it....my solution is to just not put yourself in situations that may result in a gulity conscience.
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 08:30 am
hmm yeah, he wants to go out to a club, so what i was thinking of doing is inviting all my friends (who he gets on with) to ease the pressure...
also i wont get very drunk. if i get drunk at all.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 08:31 am
What possible good can come from meeting your ex? Obviously, there were problems in the first place or he wouldn't be an "ex." And personally, I think it disrespects your current beau in the bargain.

But that's just me. I'm old-fashioned that way.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 08:32 am
I still think fondly of my first love of 31 years ago.

no heartache, just good memories.

I'm not sure what you mean about 'get over', do you mean forget what they meant to you?

depends on the person.

there were others in the interim I felt strongly towards at the time, but can't remember the feelings now.
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 05:21 am
I mean not minding if hes with someone else mainly...
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 05:33 am
Penty,
I still think fondly of my first love. Wish him all the best and a happy relationship with someone who makes him happy.

Took me falling in love with someone else before I stopped minding that he had found someone else. Perhaps a bigger person would have not minded afore that, but I still felt pains of jealousy until I got the point where I saw clearly that I truly would not be happy with him anyways. Then I could let it go and honestly partake in his 'new' life.

First love is the toughest to let go, I've found. Because we tend to be young, and it is our first deep connection.

Time and going through the stages of 'after break-up ' help to get us to the point where we can look at the other person as seperate from ourselves and our lives.

Take care.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 05:59 am
Bella Dea wrote:
If you truly love someone you never "get over" it.
Chumly agrees with Bella Dea 100%. History in the making Wink
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 08:02 am
Chumly wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
If you truly love someone you never "get over" it.
Chumly agrees with Bella Dea 100%. History in the making Wink

HOLY CRAP!!!!! Very Happy Laughing
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 08:59 am
Hehe.
yeah, well ive seen a picture of him trying to take a photo up some girls skirt recently. i suppose thats what uspet me because it annoyed me he could be so 'boyish', though if it was my skirt i would probable just find it funny.
grrr. i dont know.
the pain was lessened because im in love with my new boyfriend, but hes going to france for 3.5 months, so thats my kind of lifeline gone. that sounds really selfish. oh... grrr.
0 Replies