why do I feel a bad rerun coming on

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2006 03:14 pm
okay I met a boy on Friday night. I was dancing in a bar (this hip joint in town) and there was this guy from Naples dancing around the place anyway all of sudden he pushed me towards his friend. i had no idea who this guy was. Anyway we danced for about half an hour but i mean really sexy dancing (in fact I think I have clearer memory of his neck and shoulder then his face). Eventually he's like you dance really well and i am like thanks, what's your name? Exchange names and carry on dancing. The whole bar was watching us, i have never been that intimate with some I don't know from adam ever, you know brushing hands along his chest putting my hands on his face ( it was real intimate) he was beaming i was beaming. Anyway eventually after 3 hours ( am not joking from about eleven till way after 2 am) I had to go and the dancing had to end. I asked him if he would come see me DJ on the saturday night he was like he would try, I wasn't impressed i pressed the issue he was like if i don't come this week i'll come next week. So i left unsatisfied told my friend who raced off to get his number (he apparently gave it to her very eagerly). Well while i was waiting for her I bumped into his friend from Naples and I told him his friend was stupid; being a true italian he ran off and got me his friends number too (which he gave to his friend eagerly too)...

To cut a long story short he couldn't come on saturday had to see gran (she was here from Rome) and he aplogised, anyway smsed him earlier and we had a bit of a text chat he wished me a good night. Why do I feel like I am going to be disappointed here. I mean i just feel so confused. Is he just super polite and shy or what? he was a great dancer though.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 796 • Replies: 12
No top replies

blacksmithn

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2006 03:23 pm
Holy crap, what're you? Like twelve?

But thanks for that glimpse into your little slice of life....
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2006 03:26 pm
Shyness doesn't appear to be the problem.

It sounds like you had three hours of public foreplay--with everyone in the bar watching the two of you seduce each other with provocative dance moves (with the seduction fueled by liquor)--and now you want to seal the deal on Saturday.

But, he has a family commitment on Saturday. You might be disappointed that he isn't blowing off granny to get lucky, but sometimes family commitments prevail over a raging libido. Be patient.
0 Replies

tagged lyricist

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2006 03:31 pm
no I'm not expecting him to do anything like that I just I suppose have no pateince and i just always feel like i am the one grabbing the bull by the horns (and perhaps too often pulling them off I suppose and frightening the thing away)

Insecurrities maybe i just hate it when i feel that comfortable with some one and i dunno how comfortable they feel with me
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2006 04:02 pm
Three hours of provocative dancing under the influence of liquor doesn't establish a foundation for a relationship. It sounds like fueling your libido and attempting to hook up for meaningless sex.

Oh well. You said you were unimpressed that he couldn't commit to seeing you on Saturday and you told his friend that he was "stupid." Why stupid? You dangled your bait for three hours and he didn't bite the way you expected. So what? That doesn't make him stupid.

You obviously tried to impress him with your best seductive moves, so you mistakenly think he's stupid for not fawning all over you right now when he just met you. This doesn't sound like insecurity on your part--e.g., wanting to know if he feels comfortable with you. This sounds like you have an extremely big ego and can't understand why he hasn't fallen victim to your amazing wiles and jumped on your hook yet.

Again, just be patient. If you continue to press him and demand commitments from him to see you when you've only just met him, he'll run fast in the opposite direction no matter how great you are on the dance floor. "Boys" generally don't feel comfortable with demanding "girls" who put pressure on them and call them "stupid" when they don't do as they're told. LOL
0 Replies

tagged lyricist

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2006 04:14 pm
no it wasn't that, at all. We just had a really good time, I wan't that drunk (3 drinks) and he was leading me. Stupid ( i actually said "your friends really silly he never asked for my numbe), besides I was pushed into dancing with him by his friend, Look I never kissed him, nothing, just let the music dictate. Trust me i was close enough to kiss him it was all very titillating but then thing is it all felt natural, yeah i have been wild in the past but with my girls or guys i know, never strangers, cos i am not like that. This was not booty call dancing I don't do that, this was more sexy. I dunno can't explain when you just seem to get eachothers grooves and everybody's watching cos it looks too good kinda rehearsed.

It just felt really really hot (lots of chemistry) but wondering if I just write it off as one night magic or not. thing is i didn't want him to kiss me or vice a versa i just wanted to know if i was going to see him again that's all i happened to be Djing the next night in the bar we were dancing in that's were the invite came in. To me sex is not meaningless, and I'm way to paticular that's why I'm strung out here.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2006 04:24 pm
What's up with Brazilian guy...? (I feel more and more like an elderly aunt every time I respond to a post of yours... ;-))
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2006 04:51 pm
Hmm. Yeah, what is up with Brazilian dude?

Sounds like a stimulating night, tagged. Situations like that can give us a high that has us anticipating more, but it rarely goes anywhere (good; anyways).

Why not file this in your fantasy spot in your brain, and forget about it. If you see him, you see him. If you don't - so what, you have great memories to remember him by. The truth is, if you meet him again, you will probably just be disappointed anyhow.

:wink:
0 Replies

tagged lyricist

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 04:15 pm
he's in brazil soz unfortunately a girls gotta live. Razz

Well anyway guys thanks for the response but i got a date with him on friday. So we'll see Wink Lets hope he's not disappointing huh?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 04:49 pm
tagged_lyricist wrote:
he's in brazil soz unfortunately a girls gotta live. Razz

Well anyway guys thanks for the response but i got a date with him on friday. So we'll see Wink Lets hope he's not disappointing huh?

I just love it!
0 Replies

tagged lyricist

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 02:21 am
hehehe well it's true it might be a year before i see him again and till then i got to keep myself busy
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 02:50 am
Phooey.

I am seeing you out for experience so you feel alive. Not that I don't understand that.. but there is a heavy manic thing that I pick up. (No, I don't mean manic depressive, I have no idea about you and that pattern.)

Can't you just go about your business learning about yourself?
You seem to want to have all these conflict/confronting/identifying episodes. Self identity through whichever man is around.

Have you ever considered just hanging with yourself for a bit?
0 Replies

tagged lyricist

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 04:57 am
oh i've been single for over 2 years man. Yeah random encounters here but no real B/f in two years so hey i'm tired of being alone. Besides I am manic, loud, impulsive and a extremely passionate. i am not making excuses but i have toned down the manic side but I am still rather impulsive and maybe it good thing and maybe it's a bad thing, you win some and you loose some right? i try make educated guesses but sometimes i just got to go for the emotional one (but hey they are all still guesses after all). With all that said I don't want to hurt myself or anyone else although like most things in life it does sometimes happen weather you want it to or not.
0 Replies