Mary Winkler

sozobe

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 10:27 am
I hate getting caught up in this stuff, but I find I can't help speculating.

My guess at this point is that Matthew Winkler was abusing the girls and she figured that given his status, popularity, and "charisma," there was nothing else she could do to ensure he was out of their lives.

Or else just a complete psychotic episode.

Glad the kids were (relatively) unharmed, anyway. (Though they will almost certainly be parentless...)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,679 • Replies: 6
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 10:28 am
yeah
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 10:29 am
Link
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 11:04 am
I find this one interesting too, though I'm not sure why. Maybe it's the whole preacher aspect. Of course my first reaction to these things is always that she must have felt like she had to, or else she lost it for some reason (same as your take).

Poor kids.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 11:11 am
Glad not to be alone here. This one has fascinated me too.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 11:22 am
Am I correct that she arranged lodging at a seaside resort for her and for her daughters?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 11:49 am
Looked around, haven't seen anything about that.

It does seem that she sheltered the children from the killing itself -- that they didn't know about it, much less saw it happen.

So the lodging could be part of the protection aspect, "We're going on a little holiday while Dad stays home."

If it wasn't a psychotic episode (per se), she must have known that she'd be found and caught, though.

Oof.

I have a feeling this might all be a TV movie (Lifetime, perhaps, depending on how it goes) in about a years' time...
0 Replies