No Longer The Minority: 82% Plus Support Charlie Sheen

jespah

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2006 08:03 pm
So sorry, was off my game that day.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 08:58 am
Roxxxanne wrote:
George W Bush opposed the formation of a 9/11 commission, prima facie evidence of a cover-up. You are still hung up on Sheen not the question, probably a jealousy thing. Get over it!

In your eagerness to cast a feeble schoolyard taunt at me, you neglected to answer my question. For your benefit, I'll repeat it: why is my position "elitist?"
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 09:03 am
snood wrote:
jespah wrote:
Yes, I get all my news, politics and opinions from third-rate actors. Why, I even do everything that Lindsay Lohan tells me to!

that news story wasn't produced by a third-rate actor. that news story was produced by CNN. You must aim your sarcasm more carefully.

It wasn't a news story produced by CNN .... it was a manufactured opinion poll produced by CNN's "Showbiz Tonight."
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 09:27 am
"Anyone that cannot view this as a controlled demolition, I would have to say that their chair was not facing the television. Anyone that can look at this and say 'yes, that is a random event caused by fire' really needs psychiatric evaluation," said Sheen. http://prisonplanet.com/articles/march2006/280306Silverstein.htm
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 10:12 am
blueflame1 wrote:
"Anyone that cannot view this as a controlled demolition, I would have to say that their chair was not facing the television. Anyone that can look at this and say 'yes, that is a random event caused by fire' really needs psychiatric evaluation," said Sheen. http://prisonplanet.com/articles/march2006/280306Silverstein.htm

Charlie Sheen: actor, scientist, structural engineer, concerned citizen.
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 10:22 am
Video of the Great burned down building.

Burned down without telltale signs on the outside?

I would hope that people do not confuse smoke of a fire with dust plumes... Smoke from fire is hot and rises, dust plumes are not hot and tend to follow gravity and the building to the ground.

Video: Burned down building

Quote:
It seems that nobody will address the building 7 collapse... no plane... no 1000's of gallons of accelerant.... some burning debris fell into the building and it collapsed evenly and orderly in place. 47 story building has something hit it in the side... and it burns down... WITH NO VISIBLE scorching, to the exterior.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 10:25 am
joe, Sheen is no scientist or structural engineer. He is a very bright fellow though. But most important he references scientists and structural engineers and other experts. He has, like millions of other Americans examind their evidence and compared it to the government's story. There certainly are questions that need answering and a need for further and complete and open investigation. What could be the motives of any who would stand against an investigation? Even FEMA said the government's version of WTC 7's collapse was not very probable.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 12:56 pm
blueflame1 wrote:
joe, Sheen is no scientist or structural engineer.

Exactly. Yet somehow he thinks that anyone can look at the video from 9/11 and determine that WTC7 was initially damaged by explosives rather than by fire.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 04:53 pm
News Flash: The Dam is Breaking on the 9/11 Cover-Up
More Stars Go Public with Demands for 9/11 Investigation, Others to Follow
Infowars | March 28, 2006

UPDATE:
Infowars received an email from author and publisher Sander Hicks this afternoon indicating that the interview with Ed Asner scheduled for this evening on Showbiz Tonight has been cancelled. Hicks, a published author on the 9/11 cover-up as well as a Green Party senatorial candidate in New York was slated to appear with Asner on the program to discuss 9/11. Infowars confirmed with sources at CNN the segment was cancelled because another guest scheduled to appear as an opposition voice to Hicks and Asner declined the interview at the last moment. The CNN source further indicated that the opposition guest was none other than a former member of the Keene 9/11 whitewash Commission.

"I guarantee that this member of the 9/11 Commission pulled out at the last moment because they think that by simply replying to Asner and Hicks and the comments of Charlie Sheen, he would be giving credence to their statements. This is a strategic move on their part to quash debate and avoid having to actually answer the hard questions about 9/11 which the 9/11 Commission failed to do. This stonewalling technique will not work forever - there are too many people waking up to their whitewash." - Alex Jones

Award winning actor, director, producer, and pioneering anti-Iraq war activist Ed Asner is scheduled to appear live on the CNN Headline News program Showbiz Tonight (6pm CST). Asner is reportedly going on to support Charlie Sheen's bold and brave stance calling for a real investigation of the events on September 11th, 2001 as well as to raise his own questions.
http://www.infowars.com/articles/sept11/asner_on_cnn.htm
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 05:15 pm
The content of that little screed may be entirely truthful and plausible . . .

However, your source, "Infowars," does itself no service by the use of an expression such as "Keene 9/11 whitewash Commission." When i read tendentious horsie poop such as that, my immediate response is to discount the source as being hopelessly biased.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 05:23 pm
Setanta, perhaps. But Infowars is Alex Jones sight and he's the one really got the ball rolling in this round of 911 debate. I think the term Keene 9/11 whitewash Commission is on the button. If they'd been real we'd have a lot more answers than questions at this point imo.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 05:25 pm
That doesn't alter that such an expression represents a "conviction in absentia" of the Commission and its members. It's precisely the kind of tendentious expression which turns off people who might otherwise approach the subject with an open mind. It brands your Mr. Jones as a fanatic, fairly or otherwise, and it strongly suggests his site is a venue for preaching to the choir.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 05:29 pm
We're all familiar with the 911 Commission. They're fair game. I dont see why Asner was canceled because the opposition didn't have the guts to show up. Not showing up is another form of whitewash.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 05:31 pm
Given the tendentious nature of the screed you posted, i have little reason to answer an argument that may well be based upon faulty information, or even knowing deception.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 05:46 pm
Obviously, you don't need my help with your rant, so carry on . . . i have no doubt that you will . . .
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 05:49 pm
Right you are. Lee Hamilton is an old hand at whitewashing investigations of the gang in and around the White House. If he had nailed this bunch back in Iran/Contra when he served in that investigation we wouldn't be stuck with them now. Cheney served with Hamilton on that Committee. "The earlier Bush related inquiries in which Hamilton was involved concern the 'October Surprise' and 'Iran-Contra' scandals. And Cheney was in there too - according to the reporter who broke parts of the Iran-Contra story through Newsweek and Associated Press. In a more recent analysis entitled 'Covering Up Iran-Contra' (Consortium News, 5 November 2000 ) he comments on Hamilton's and Cheney's role in that investigation as follows:

"A senior committee source said one of Cheney's top priorities was to block Democrats from deposing Vice President Bush about his Iran-contra knowledge....... Despite surrendering to Cheney's demands time and again, Hamilton failed, in the end, to get a single House Republican to sign the final report. Only three moderate Republicans on the Senate side - Warren Rudman, William Cohen and Paul Trible - agreed to sign the report, after extracting more concessions. Cheney and the other Republicans submitted a minority report that denied that any significant wrongdoing had occurred.... The watered-down Iran-contra majority report essentially let Vice President Bush off the hook. Bush's political career was saved..... [and in] 1989, Cheney became Bush's defense secretary."
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 05:53 pm
source
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 04:24 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:
George W Bush opposed the formation of a 9/11 commission, prima facie evidence of a cover-up. You are still hung up on Sheen not the question, probably a jealousy thing. Get over it!

In your eagerness to cast a feeble schoolyard taunt at me, you neglected to answer my question. For your benefit, I'll repeat it: why is my position "elitist?"

Bumping this up to remind Roxxxanne that she still hasn't answered my question.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 04:32 pm
jespah wrote:
Yes, I get all my news, politics and opinions from third-rate actors. Why, I even do everything that Lindsay Lohan tells me to!
Why the heck not. We make them governors and Presidents. Very Happy

( notice I used "heck" instead of "hell" and added a smiley face when arguing to Jespah.)
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 04:48 pm
http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/defense/1227842.html

9/11: Debunking The Myths
PM examines the evidence and consults the experts to refute the most persistent conspiracy theories of September 11.

FROM THE MOMENT the first airplane crashed into the World Trade Center on the morning of September 11, 2001, the world has asked one simple and compelling question: How could it happen?

Three and a half years later, not everyone is convinced we know the truth. Go to Google.com, type in the search phrase "World Trade Center conspiracy" and you'll get links to an estimated 628,000 Web sites. More than 3000 books on 9/11 have been published; many of them reject the official consensus that hijackers associated with Osama bin Laden and Al Qaeda flew passenger planes into U.S. landmarks.

Healthy skepticism, it seems, has curdled into paranoia. Wild conspiracy tales are peddled daily on the Internet, talk radio and in other media. Blurry photos, quotes taken out of context and sketchy eyewitness accounts have inspired a slew of elaborate theories: The Pentagon was struck by a missile; the World Trade Center was razed by demolition-style bombs; Flight 93 was shot down by a mysterious white jet. As outlandish as these claims may sound, they are increasingly accepted abroad and among extremists here in the United States.

To investigate 16 of the most prevalent claims made by conspiracy theorists, POPULAR MECHANICS assembled a team of nine researchers and reporters who, together with PM editors, consulted more than 70 professionals in fields that form the core content of this magazine, including aviation, engineering and the military.

In the end, we were able to debunk each of these assertions with hard evidence and a healthy dose of common sense. We learned that a few theories are based on something as innocent as a reporting error on that chaotic day. Others are the byproducts of cynical imaginations that aim to inject suspicion and animosity into public debate. Only by confronting such poisonous claims with irrefutable facts can we understand what really happened on a day that is forever seared into world history.--THE EDITORS

"628,000 Web sites and More than 3000 books on 9/11 have been published."

That sure is alot of "Healthy skepticism" turned into "Paranoia" from " extremists here in the United States."

I am a healthy, Hard working, tax paying, beer drinking, God fearing, American Citizen. My Dad was in the Navy, My stepdad (from a very young age) was in Viet Nam. My sister is a school teacher and a qrauduete from U.S.C. and yet from this media outlet who is directly connected to the government and homeland security I am a "Parinoid extremist"

628,000 web sites and 3000 books worth of American "Paranoid extremist"

I don't think so. -Amigo
0 Replies