Do you lie when you say you lie about everything? :wink:
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 08:47 pm
of course.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 08:48 pm
In about an hour I'm going to lie all night long.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 08:49 pm
hehehe Laughing I'd say you have some ethics in there somewhere dys. :wink:
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 09:29 pm
I'm an athiest and I am pretty damned ehtical. And moral, too.

But, what I think is moral and ethical is probably different than what momma, or snood, or dys, or even soz thinks is ethical and moral.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 09:30 pm
littlek,

What makes you say that? I've always thought of you as a moral and ethical person from what I've known of you on A2K.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 09:32 pm
We would all, well maybe not dys, agree on basics of ethics and morality, but we'd get into differences at some of the details.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 09:34 pm
I think it's a good point, regarding how ethics and morals are very personal/ individual. There are some big, obvious ones ("don't kill someone if you don't need to" [like with self-defense]) and then a whole lot of others that could go a few ways depending on that person's personal morality.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 09:40 pm
And, hence we have the hot-button issues. I think it's immoral to disallow a woman to have an abortion. I think it's immoral do bar gay couples from marriage. I think the death penalty is immoral. I think the Bush admin is largely immoral.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 09:43 pm
Those issues I agree with K.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 09:47 pm
Thanx for answering littlek. Yes, there are some issues we might differ on. However, I don't believe because someone may believe in one thing I might think is immoral makes that person immoral. I think it's safe to say that everyone in the world commits immoral acts in someone's eyes. When I think of someone being immoral that would mean to me that they are overall as a person immoral.

I don't think I have run into any like that on A2K and not that many in life either.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 09:50 pm
A few weeks back several of us were taking some political quizs in a thread....one of the tests was called moral compass...which I scored the lowest score ever..so they said anyway. Shocked

Anyway, I'm sure there is an ethics quiz out there...all I can find is very specific tests though...ie, ethics in business...ethics for CPA's...etc.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2006 03:06 pm
nimh wrote:
Setanta wrote:
My initial response was that the contention ought not to surprise anyone. Further investigation leads me to question the method and the intent of Miss Edgell, who is responsible for the survey from which the results were abstracted.

In all circumstances, i am never surprised to learn that Habibi is confused.

Ah, never can resist the temptation to slip in an ad hominem, huh... but it always reflects more on you than on the target...

Yes, yes . . . we all know what a thoroughly bad man i am . . .

If you skin is truly that thin, and your sense of humor so anaemic, i am surprised that you get so busy at this forum . . .
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2006 07:50 pm
Smile
Good answer! "I'm sorry" would have been better, but that was another way to go!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2006 09:31 pm
Snood,

I have nicknamed Setanta "The Fonz." :wink:
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2006 09:33 pm
Momma Angel, commenting about immoral people wrote:

I don't think I have run into any like that on A2K and not that many in life either.

Allow me to introduce myself, Momma Angel. I am Ratzenhofer.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2006 09:36 pm
Bodie. Cheyenne Bodie.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2006 09:47 pm
Gus,

No way will you convince me you are an immoral person. You have a heart that shows in all you do and post on A2K. You can't hide that.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2006 09:58 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Gus,

No way will you convince me you are an immoral person. You have a heart that shows in all you do and post on A2K. You can't hide that.

I'd take the man at his word. Better that, than wait until he tries to goose ye.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2006 10:19 pm
I take most usual posters of whatever background, as being moral beings. Perhaps I could be wrong from time to time.

My idea of what moral is may be different from what others post, and is sort of loose in any case.
0 Replies