IS CHRISTIANITY COMING TO THE END IN THE WORLD????

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 12:53 pm
over 300 proofs of Gods existence. How many more proofs do you need? I'm in. Thanks Detano, good link.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 04:58 am
That post is positive proof that God does not exist. If God existed, he would have created rational, logical people. These people would not waste time creating 300 comedy proofs that God exists. Ergo, he does not exist. Very Happy
0 Replies

TheUndonePoet

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 11:34 pm
Kratos wrote:

Congratulations on getting a useless degree. Luckily for you, the government provides foodstamps.

I suppose it's a good thing that I along with 95% of all lit majors in the world decide on that major not for the love of money but for the love of writing and an education. Of course, I am sure that you like many other poor, misled people give into the lies of our fascist government and believe that your compulsive toil is really.......truly........the American dream. Though, if you must know my 6 digit a year income, which has nothing to do with my degree, but does allow me time to work on my personal writing, as well as to work with a small group of people on a non-profit organization, is enough to feed me. Of course, my current position in the real estate industry will only last until I am able to retire off of a small fortune, never work another day in my life, except for writing and other creative venues, while you gain yet another ulcer.

Then again, I do write business letters, and many of my colleagues do have me proof theirs. I guess without my lit degree I, along with my colleagues, would send out letters that make our company look like it's filled with a bunch of idiots.

You're right..........my degree is useless......well.........other than the fact that a person with his/her lit degree can probably reason through a bunch of facts better than a person with his/her business degree (no offense). Of course, the facts don't matter in America; the only thing that matters is what Fox News tells you is the truth. But who cares, as long as I make my six digit a year income. BTW, whoever said I went to college to earn money? I went to college to learn. I thought that was the point of college. If it was something else I would have gone to the University of Phoenix and saved myself some money.

Education is never useless. Of course, that is unless it's women's studies. Then, it's just using the guise of education to coverup mass indoctrination. Of course, if I was a business major my degree would be too financially lucrative for me to have actually have taken a women's studies course so that I could realize this (Once again no offense--to business majors).

I suppose next your going to say that language doesn't determine our understanding of reality. Of course, such a statement would come from someone who hasn't studied how language is used to manipulate the masses.

You're right, my degree is useless. Of course, that is until some lit major decides to change the meaning of the word 'useless.' Then, I suppose it will be usefull. Just remember one thing. In three generations when you great great grandchildren are studying about the theory of whatever philosophy written by someone who got his/her lit degree that was eventually adopted as political practice, which resulted in the liberation of thousands of women and children who were once trafficked into and throughout this country, it was all because someone chose to go to college, get a useless degree, write a book about the atrocities of the American culture, and do something worth more than all of the money in the world.

Teh................... Crap I mispelled my name

hTe.................... Crap that worthless education

The..............

Tell your great great grandchildren I said 'hi'
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 11:49 pm
detano inipo wrote:
Finally, here is proof galore of God's existence.

http://www.godlessgeeks.com/LINKS/GodProof.htm
'

1) I eat sandwiches, and love it.
2) Everything in this world is made of God.
3) Sandwiches are made, and therefore made of God.
4) I eat God, and love it.
5) People love God.
6) I am a people.
7) God is real.

357!!!!!
0 Replies

TheUndonePoet

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 11:58 pm
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't it necessary for the premise to be universally accepted as true in order for the conclusion to be justified on any level?

Of course, I got a useless education, so I am sure I'm wrong.

I don't even see the logical leaps between the chronilogical steps, but I think I lost brain cells in college, due to the time I spent wasting reading several hundreds of pages a day of various philosophers throughout the centuries.

Lucky for me I live in one of the richest counties in America. I'm going to go stand on the side of a freeway off ramp now. Maybe my Lit skills will prove well in my "Will work for Food" sign writing skills.

Teh.......

Damn my ignorance!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 07:20 am
TheUndonePoet wrote:
I suppose it's a good thing that I along with 95% of all lit majors in the world decide on that major not for the love of money but for the love of writing and an education.

Granted, Kratos (why does that name sound familiar?) was a bit harsh. However, may I point out to you that it is not necessary to do English Literature as a University degree to think critically and be able to write a letter.

Thinking critically is something that can be done (and even better, might I add) if you do science courses. The science course has the advantage of actually giving you the chance to enter a career that might be useful in advancing our society, instead of merely maintaining it through economical issues.

Discussion of this, of course, is rather off-topic and I will not continue on the subject further.
0 Replies

TheUndonePoet

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 08:27 am
Wolf,

Allow me my one statement.

That's fine. I don't want to carry on with this either. I never said that Literature is the only degree that teaches people to think critically, but it seems odd to me that people would go to college just to get a job. People who study literature, science, and various other degrees don't get their degrees because they want to make money. They do so because they don't care about money; they want to change things, so that people in the future can have better lives. Once again, I never said science did not engage people in critical thinking. The only degree out there I would consider a degree that simply manipulates the masses is Womens Studies, and even that has its benefits.

The...........
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 01:44 am
Literature is great for Comedy writing. I think Tina in Saturday Night Live is Literature major.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 02:08 am
I'm an engineer and my motivation to study was not so pragmatic.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 05:40 am
TUP,
Quote:

People who study literature, science, and various other degrees don't get their degrees because they want to make money. They do so because they don't care about money; they want to change things, so that people in the future can have better lives.

I have a BA (computer science), as well as other practical certifications in and out the IT field.I have also rigorously studied many other various fields and subjects.
I assure you I did not get any of them/do any of it for such egalitarian fluffy minded reasons as the ones mentioned. I would assume it would be a safe bet to assume there are many others in the world that could say the same.
Generalizations don't serve one well if one is trying to pomp oneself up as an 'intellectual'
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 10:04 am
It would seem some educations facillitate the writing of hackneyed, pejorative-laden screed - couple splendid examples of that genre recently provided here for the entertainment and edification of onlookers.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 03:12 pm
timberlandko wrote:
It would seem some educations facillitate the writing of hackneyed, pejorative-laden screed - couple splendid examples of that genre recently provided here for the entertainment and edification of onlookers.

I'm sure I'd agree with that if I understood it. (Being serious!)
0 Replies

TheUndonePoet

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 01:26 am
timberlandko wrote:

Translation: "Certain degrees may not be financially lucrative, but at least the idiots who obtain those degrees entertain their readers, as is exemplified by certain posts in this thread." Is there any chance we can get back on topic? This is getting a little old. BTW, no one has yet responded to my post asking for verifiable evidence of the demise of Christianity. I would like to know.

The.........
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 04:31 am
You do realise this thread was started by a muslim, who would like to see people turn from the spiritual opiate of christianity and adopt the spiritual opiate of islam. In the end it's all just the same sh!t on a different day.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 05:39 am
TheUndonePoet wrote:
timberlandko wrote:

Translation: "Certain degrees may not be financially lucrative, but at least the idiots who obtain those degrees entertain their readers, as is exemplified by certain posts in this thread." Is there any chance we can get back on topic? This is getting a little old. BTW, no one has yet responded to my post asking for verifiable evidence of the demise of Christianity. I would like to know.

The.........

Undone, I made neither direct nor implied reference to any remunerative consequence pertaining to education. Rather, I addressed the evidenced fact that when it comes to eschewing the expressing of oneself in unoriginal, impolitic, unpleasant manner, an education is no prophylactic. In missing, or, if such was the case, misconstruing, my point, your commentary validates it.

Now, admitting my complicity in the irrelevant silliness of the current digression, and with intent to nudge this discussion topicward, I'll offer in response to your plaint concerning lack of response to your earlier request for "verifiable evidence of the demise of Christianity" personal observation; I suspect the query has received no response simply because there is no such evidence.
0 Replies

TheUndonePoet

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 09:41 am
timber,

I think if we knew each other in person you would find we would actually get along. Of course, on line it is easy to treat others disrespectfully, whereas in person I doubt you are like this.

The..........
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 09:10 pm
timberlandko wrote:
Zoroastrianism likely is the oldest extant religion - it has its adherents today, and both the Abrahamic and Dharmic (essentially Indo-Asian) religions show unambiguous Zoroastrian influences. Judaism and several Asian/Oriental religions, Dharmic and other, such as Buddism, Confucianism, Hinduism, Shinto, Taoism, Jainism and more, all predate Christianity, and all have current-day adherents.

zorastrianism isnt the oldest religion.

old persian/avestan language has a parallel in sanskrit, but vedic sanskrit has no parallel in persian.

see 4.6.6 here

and if possible also go through this page

rig veda predates the avesta.
its not hinduism that shows a zorastrian influence..
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 09:14 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
dalahow your childish glee at what you hope is the imminent demise of christianity will soon evaporate once the world understands the origin and development of islam.

and what happens when the world understands the origin and development of christianity - the last pagan religion...??

hint : This Easter, remember it's not easter, but the celebration of the Germanic fertility godess Eostra symbolised with rabbits and eggs that will actually be followed.
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 09:15 pm
detano inipo wrote:
All religions are control devices for the clergy and crutches for the faithful.

except religions that dont have a clergy or any other heirarchial institute.
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 10:59 pm
Wilso wrote:
You do realise this thread was started by a muslim, who would like to see people turn from the spiritual opiate of christianity and adopt the spiritual opiate of islam. In the end it's all just the same sh!t on a different day.

No, he's not. And you can still be a Christian and at the same time be a Muslim, Islam is submission and if you submit to the will of your Lord you're in short a Muslim regardless of your 'religion'. Just don't associate partners with Him and you will be on the 'right path'.

Read my signature.
0 Replies