IS CHRISTIANITY COMING TO THE END IN THE WORLD????

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 06:00 am
TheUndonePoet wrote:
They think their cool
dont bother to lecture me young man until you have mastered some basic English.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 07:34 am
The member which flatters its ego by referring to itself as "the undone poet" is posting the same drivel in more than one thread--and makes fairly consistent references to junior high school and high school, which suggests a great deal about that member's age and maturity.

In the "Evolution? How?" thread over in Spirituality & Religion, it refers to "Nazi evolution" . . . that pretty well sews it up to my mind with regard to the expectation of any intelligent contributions from it.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 07:42 am
Memo to "The Undone Poet"- Before barreling into a situation, a wise person checks out the lay of the land. I agree with Setanta, that the dampness behind your ears is so apparent that the shine is bothering my eyes.
0 Replies

TheUndonePoet

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 10:43 am
Maybe if everyone would stick to the topics at hand, and stop trying to post ad homenims I wouldn't feel the need to refer to a bunch of posters in here as being immature. Oh yeah, I am sorry my spelling and grammar is a little off at whatever AM in the morning. BTW, my reference is to Isa6:5

The...........
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 10:55 am
You rushed in here flinging insults at people who had never heard of you--your reference to ad hominems is bootless and idiotic.
0 Replies

dalahow2

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 01:05 pm
Simple Questions...

1.Where is the Bible according to JESUS himself...It is always "According to"....

2. Is bible God's word...

3. Was Jesus a muslim...???

Prove....the answers to these questions....
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 01:10 pm
If you will pardon the expression, it'll be a cold day in he!! that Christianity comes to an end.

Peace be with you.
0 Replies

TheUndonePoet

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 12:24 am
Someone said, "your reference to ad hominems is bootless and idiotic."

I think that statement proves my point.

As far as my basic knowledge of the English language, if it was good enough to get my a degree in literature, I think it's good enough for me to post here. If you think my comma usage is a sign of my ignorance, please feel free to write to my alma mater and try to revoke my degree.

The...........
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 02:35 am
We can only hope that Christianity, Judaism, and Islam dissolve. The world would be such an improved place without them.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 03:02 am
Most people are simple. Intelligent people are a minority, and 'common' sense is anything but.
This is the world we live in.
For simple people, a simple belief system will continue to suffice I would imagine.
Besides, without these simple people, how would my garbage get taken away? A world full of philosophers would be no good...
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 03:05 am
BTW what's with the newbie with the martyr complex?
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 03:26 am
Doktor S wrote:
Most people are simple. Intelligent people are a minority, and 'common' sense is anything but.
This is the world we live in.
For simple people, a simple belief system will continue to suffice I would imagine.
Besides, without these simple people, how would my garbage get taken away? A world full of philosophers would be no good...

Are you saying that everyone who believes in God is simple; while those who do not are intelligent? How ironic and if you only you knew the real truth, rather than following Satan's false promises.

Some He guided, while others are committed to straying. They have taken the devils as their masters, instead of God, yet they believe that they are guided. (Quran 7:30)
0 Replies

TheUndonePoet

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 03:35 am
Doktor,

I have no martyr complex. I simply ask that Christianity be respected. I agree that there are certainly morons, such as Bush, who give Christianity a bad name, but there are plenty of morons who give any side of the coin a bad name. I am sure this is just because I am speaking from my own perspective, but I find non-Christians much more disrespectful of Christians than I do Christians of non-Christians. Yes the disrespect goes both ways, but I find slams against Christians in public arenas acceptable, while I find that a Christians ability to speak freely without someone trying to make him/her feel like an idiot is suppressed. Of course, this is not in all circumstances, but this is the overall feeling I get throughout society.

The...........
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 03:58 am
Raul,
Quote:

Are you saying that everyone who believes in God is simple; while those who do not are intelligent? How ironic and if you only you knew the real truth, rather than following Satan's false promises.

Intelligent people tend not to believe in fairy tales once they reach adulthood.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 04:02 am
TheUndonePoet wrote:
Doktor,

I have no martyr complex. I simply ask that Christianity be respected. I agree that there are certainly morons, such as Bush, who give Christianity a bad name, but there are plenty of morons who give any side of the coin a bad name. I am sure this is just because I am speaking from my own perspective, but I find non-Christians much more disrespectful of Christians than I do Christians of non-Christians. Yes the disrespect goes both ways, but I find slams against Christians in public arenas acceptable, while I find that a Christians ability to speak freely without someone trying to make him/her feel like an idiot is suppressed. Of course, this is not in all circumstances, but this is the overall feeling I get throughout society.

The...........

Right. Of your 20 odd posts, at least half have been 'boohoo stop picking on poor little me'
Pathetic.
And what is with the presupposition respect should be a given? I think respect is earned, and I for one make no bones about admitting I have 0 respect for the christian faith (or any other imaginary friend cult), although there ARE individual christians whom I respect.
You have to remember, most of christian dogma is unsupportable and incongruent with known reality (resurrection anyone?), it is only natural it not be taken seriously.
0 Replies

TheUndonePoet

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 04:15 am
Doktor wrote,

"Right. Of your 20 odd posts, at least half have been 'boohoo stop picking on poor little me'
Pathetic."

It is Christianity I am defending, not me.

"And what is with the presupposition respect should be a given? I think respect is earned, and I for one make no bones about admitting I have 0 respect for the christian faith (or any other imaginary friend cult), although there ARE individual christians whom I respect."

I think a difference must be made. I think it is important to respect people as people, because you want them to respect you; however, I wholeheartedly agree with you that to respect a person does not require respect of their beliefs. For me, to respect your beliefs would require me to disrespect my own.

He finally said,

"You have to remember, most of christian dogma is unsupportable and incongruent with known reality (resurrection anyone?), it is only natural it not be taken seriously."

Of course, "Known reality" shifts from epoch to epoch according to various paradigms, so while it is not congruent with this epoch or recent past chronological epochs, it will be with future epochs.

The.........
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 04:28 am
My imaginary friend can beat up your imaginary friend
Laughing

(thanks Set)
0 Replies

TheUndonePoet

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 04:49 am
That can only be true if you can scientifically prove that the imagination exists. Even then, my imaginary friend told me that your imaginary friend doesn't want to be your friend anymore. You have disrupted the delicate balance of the cosmos by upsetting imaginary friends everywhere.

The............
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 05:01 am
I'll scientifically prove that imagination exists...........when you scientifically prove that god exists!
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 05:15 am
TUP wrote-

Quote:
As far as my basic knowledge of the English language, if it was good enough to get my a degree in literature, I think it's good enough for me to post here. If you think my comma usage is a sign of my ignorance, please feel free to write to my alma mater and try to revoke my degree.

We wouldn't wish to do that.

Your posts are a useful guide to other nations of the standard of American degrees.
0 Replies