IS CHRISTIANITY COMING TO THE END IN THE WORLD????

TheUndonePoet

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 05:16 am
Wilso,

I think you need to switch to boxers or boxer briefs. Those tighty whities used to make me not be able to take a joke too.

The.........
0 Replies

TheUndonePoet

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 05:18 am
TUP-

Forgive me for not following MLA format or caring enough about your opinion to spell/grammar check.

The.........
0 Replies

Jason Proudmoore

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 11:31 am
Momma Angel wrote:
If you will pardon the expression, it'll be a cold day in he!! that Christianity comes to an end.

Peace be with you.

Hi, MA. I got your message. The problem is that I don't have PM privilege either. And I don't know how long I have to be a member in order to get it. But there are ways to solve this "communication problem."
Thanks
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 12:38 pm
TheUndonePoet wrote:
Of course, "Known reality" shifts from epoch to epoch according to various paradigms, so while it is not congruent with this epoch or recent past chronological epochs, it will be with future epochs.
you mean like flared trousers?
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 01:51 pm
Doktor S wrote:
Raul,
Quote:

Are you saying that everyone who believes in God is simple; while those who do not are intelligent? How ironic and if you only you knew the real truth, rather than following Satan's false promises.

Intelligent people tend not to believe in fairy tales once they reach adulthood.

Nor should they follow someone who is going to lead them into enternal hell.

FYI, Satan believes in one God (Quran 8:48) and fears him (Quran 59:16).
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 02:14 pm
Raul-7 wrote:
Doktor S wrote:
Raul,
Quote:

Are you saying that everyone who believes in God is simple; while those who do not are intelligent? How ironic and if you only you knew the real truth, rather than following Satan's false promises.

Intelligent people tend not to believe in fairy tales once they reach adulthood.

Nor should they follow someone who is going to lead them into enternal hell.

FYI, Satan believes in one God (Quran 8:48) and fears him (Quran 59:16).

Yes, those are the sorts of fairy tales I am talking about.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 05:10 pm
Hey, the Messenger Gabri-EL wasn't from God but from El, the Canaanite poltytheistic Paternal god that fathered 70 gods and goddesses with Yahweh among them though elevated by the Jews to El's position when the Persians forced monotheism on them. Mohammed got his messaqge from a polytheistic source.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 05:13 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
If you will pardon the expression, it'll be a cold day in he!! that Christianity comes to an end.

Peace be with you.
MA. You know hell is not hot.

Pax vobiscum
0 Replies

TheUndonePoet

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 01:55 pm
Steve,

I have no idea what flared trousers are. Sorry if I use terms from literary criticism. Epochs are similar to the dialectic, which is simply a result of a thesis, antithesis, and sysnthesis. If you wold like further information I would suggest such philisophers as Marx, Proudhon, and Stuart Mill, as well as many other. Of course, I diverge from them a little in that I believe history is the result of a spiralling effect, in which the dialectic does not exist.

The potential does exist for Christianity to come to an end in this world. Christianity is on the move in the world; however, while christianity is growing geometrically the population of the world is growing expoentially. To give a visual, while Christianity is growing at an angle of an arbitrary number of 15 degrees in relation to a synchronic history, the population of the world is growing at an angle of 25 degrees. The degrees of these change rates do not stay constant in relation to synchronic history on which these various epochs (flared trousers) exist. However, throughout history, they continue to diverge and converge, depending on which epoch the world is in.

So does the potential for Christianity to come to an end in the world exist? Yes, but just as the existence of Chirstianity exists at an angle relative to a plane upon which synchronic history takes place, so also the continuation of the world itself exists on an angle relative to synchronic history. Is Christianity coming to an end in the world? Yes. But it will come to an end the moment the world itself comes to an end. At some point in the future a catastrophic event caused by synchronic history (the horizontal axes), diachronic history (the vertical axes), which lead to a variotion in epochs will cause, human history, and Christian History will cause the end of Christianity in the world. Until then, Christianity and humanity will continue to converge and diverge according to the epochs (think of epochs as a grid caused by the two axes, much like graph paper).

At various epoch throughout history witch craft has never been a dominant belief system; however, just as Christian history exists on a line that converges and diverges with other histories, so also does witch craft. Witch craft has existed much longer than Christianity, throughout the course of history far fewer people have adhered to witch craft than Christianity, witch craft continues to exist, it will continue to exist, and since Christianity has a much wider following than witch craft (and has gained that following in a much shorter span of time) it will also continue to exist, until the world itself comes to an end. To suggest otherwise has no evidential bases. It is much more probable to suggest that witch craft will come to an end than Christianity. It is a much more fanciful myth to suggest that Christianity will come to an end before the end of the world than it is to suggest that there is a God.

If anyone does not understand any of my terms go a to a library or look up literary criticism on the net.

The..........
0 Replies

chr42690

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 01:58 pm
Christianity is not coming to an end in the world. It is thriving! More Christian books are being released than ever before. The contemporary Christian music scene is hotter than ever with artists like Chris Tomlin, Casting Crowns, Jeremy Camp, Nicole C. Mullen, and MercyMe. Evangelical events such as the Billy and Franklin Graham Crusades are attracting thousands, such as the one recently in New Orleans where an overflow room was needed. Christianity is not dying.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 07:05 pm
I beg to differ chr. Maybe the propeganda is not dying, but christianity itself is about two feet under already... if not more.
0 Replies

chr42690

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 09:39 pm
hephzibah wrote:
I beg to differ chr. Maybe the propeganda is not dying, but christianity itself is about two feet under already... if not more.

Back up your statement.
0 Replies

dalahow2

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2006 05:05 am
Re: IS CHRISTIANITY COMING TO THE END IN THE WORLD????
dalahow2 wrote:

Christians Unaware Smile Smile

The Christian does not know that the true spirit of charity which the Muslim displays, always, towards Jesus and his mother Mary spring from the fountainhead of his faith - the Holy Quran. He does not know that the Muslim does not take the holy name of Jesus, in his own language, without saying Eesa, alaihi assalam ("Jesus, peace be upon him")

The Christian does not know that in the Holy Quran Jesus is mentioned twenty five times. For example:

Quote:
"We gave Jesus, the son of Mary, clear signs and strengthened him with the Holy Spirit" (The Holy Quran 2:87)

"O Mary! God giveth thee glad tidings of a Word from Him: his name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary..." (3:45)

"...Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) an apostle of god..." (4:171)

"...And in their foot steps we sent Jesus the son of Mary..." (5:46)

"And Zakariya and John, and Jesus and Elias: all in the ranks of the righteous." (6:85)
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2006 12:45 pm
Christians are aware however of the fact that Muslims do not recognize Jesus Christ as the Living Son of God and as the Messiah.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2006 06:38 pm
chr42690 wrote:
hephzibah wrote:

Back up your statement.

Well chr. Religious propaganda has got to be the biggest load of crap I have ever seen. It is completely out of context with anything the bible teaches. So yes, religious propaganda is actually flourishing now a days. However, christianity itself is dying as propaganda is taking over. The things the bible teaches are being smothered by this idea "Do as I say not as I do". Here's a personal experience I had relating directly to your post previous post. There was this "christian band" that had not yet made it "big", but they were on they're way when I first got "saved".

They have made quite a name for themselves now. If I mentioned their name probably a lot of people here would know who they are right off the bat. They were doing a concert at a church one weekend and being yet a young "christian" I decided to go with a friend. After the concert I went outside to smoke a cigarette. Minding my own business, I had gone all the way to the edge of the church's property. Lo' and behold here comes the "leader" of this "christian band" marching right over to me to let me know what a horrible example I am of a "christian" by being out here smoking, and how bad I made them look by doing this.

Now, having said that I must say that yes propaganda isn't necessarily a bad thing if it is promoting the right cause. However, propaganda kills the thing being promoted if it has no substance to back it up.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2006 07:11 pm
Re: IS CHRISTIANITY COMING TO THE END IN THE WORLD????
TheUndonePoet wrote:
Someone said, "your reference to ad hominems is bootless and idiotic."

I think that statement proves my point.

As far as my basic knowledge of the English language, if it was good enough to get my a degree in literature, I think it's good enough for me to post here. If you think my comma usage is a sign of my ignorance, please feel free to write to my alma mater and try to revoke my degree.

The...........

What is demonstrated is that you lack understanding of what constitutes ad hominem attack. Personally, if its any comfort to you, my assessments of your relative maturity and intellectual capacity have nothing to do either with criticism of your typing nor with any conjecture pertaining to your chronological age.

dalahow2 wrote:

Christians Unaware Smile Smile

The Christian does not know that in the Holy Quran Jesus is mentioned twenty five times ...

Didjya miss This?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2006 07:17 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Christians are aware however of the fact that Muslims do not recognize Jesus Christ as the Living Son of God and as the Messiah.

Actually, that is misinformation; in the Qur'an, the putative Christ, while not acknowledged to be one with or otherwise part of the godhead, is accorded the honorific "Messiah" not just once but several times, both referentially and implicationally. Most Christians, most particulary Fundamrentalist/Evangelical Christians, know very little of the actual traditions, texts and tenets of any religion, or of the origins and permutations thereof, their own not excluded.

Christianity is far from moribund, but its luddite offspring, Fundamentalist/Evangelical Christianity, is busilly and successfully marginalizing itself. As a significant theophilosophical influence, its days indeed are numbered, and by its own doing.
0 Replies

TheUndonePoet

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 12:26 am
Um..............

Timber.................

Move on.

You missed a few dozen posts.

The........
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 12:42 am
Haven't missed a thing, partner - just hadn't gotten around to addressing those particularly egregious bits of silliness before then. Other than those, wasn't much in the thread so far that seemed worth the effort of typing out a response.
0 Replies

TheUndonePoet

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 09:07 am
Okay, timber. BTW, I am trying to be nice to you. Why do you persist in attacking me? I even agreed with you about the whole fingerprints thing. I think that would tell you that I am not one of those relgious ID-iots who is unwilling to listen to reason. Sure, I see holes in the whole process of us having derived from microcosmic sludge, but that doesn't mean I am totally closed to reason or totally deny the evolutionary process.

The............
0 Replies