Seattle - Tacoma Visit

husker

Reply Fri 2 May, 2003 02:45 pm
I might be making a quick trip to Seattle - Tacoma area on the 10th, still in the planning stages, have to try and look at a bus and also a cross-country race (meet). Time might be limited, hey but knows maybe there is a few minutes for a gathering??? Interest?????
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,767 • Replies: 21
No top replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 2 May, 2003 04:11 pm
Sure. Would a pub be an acceptable venue?
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 2 May, 2003 04:17 pm
maybe - have to see who all is traveling (family wise)
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 2 May, 2003 04:36 pm
I'll be in Oregon. Sad
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 2 May, 2003 04:49 pm
No need for a frown, Piffka. It's always fun when I go to Oregon!
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 2 May, 2003 06:07 pm
Well, I'm very happy I'll be touring the Oregon coast, Wink
but sorry to miss meeting you.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Sat 3 May, 2003 01:17 pm
The Oregon Coast--cool! I used to live in Eugene and miss the proximity I had to the Coast back there. Oddly enough, I just started reading "Sometimes A Great Notion" for the first time...

Have a great time!
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 3 May, 2003 07:31 pm
Thanks, D'artagnan! My sister went to school in Eugene, so I spent time visiting there and also while she was at school in Portland. I'm looking forward to seeing some things.

While I was searching for a good place to stay, the house that partly inspired Sometimes A Great Notion came up... can't remember if it was a B&B or just open to the public. I've forgotten more of that book than I remember. A wild lumber baron family of sons, right?
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Sun 4 May, 2003 10:38 pm
Right your are, Piffka, re the Stampers. An interesting read, growing more so as I go on.

I'm curious: Where is the house that is said to have inspired the one in the novel? It must be near the coast; Kesey made up the name of the town in his book...
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 10:23 am
'T's hard for me to imagine the house as described in that book being a great retreat...
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 10:56 am
True. It seems more the kind of place to get the hell away from!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 11:05 am
good book, tho...
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 11:09 am
Yeah. Oddly enough, reading it has inspired me to see family in Oklahoma, a place I haven't been too in decades. No lie!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 11:13 am
Huh. Whattaya know. Apropos of very little -- some distant relatives of mine just moved from OK to Des Moines, WA. Haven't seen 'em, though, and I don't think any of Kesey's writing will inspire me to.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 11:23 am
Sometimes it's best to leave well enough alone, eh?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 12:39 pm
...hosting family for the weekend, btw, so no-can-do...
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 12:49 pm
well there goes the trip was gunna stay at the home of PD. Laughing Laughing

kidding
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 01:03 pm
hey, the table out back is comfortable for sleeping (the couch and the airbed being taken already).
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 21 May, 2003 12:17 am
Next time I am in Seattle I want to meet more of youse. Been there three times now in two years, liked it each time, thanks in quite a large part to Piffka.

My business partner and her husband were in Bend, Oregon last weekend and loved it. I think we might be moving our business there except for the little matter of snow. Plus, I am keen on the coast of anywhere.

I found out recently - from a friend who is a geneology enthusiast and spent a lot of time on my family after I asked one simple question - that I have some Idaho roots besides my ex's mother's connection and my aunt's birth there, near Sandpoint and Lake Pond'Oreille. (That aunt taught on one of the San Juan Islands around 1916...) Apparently my father's father was a lawyer there at the turn of the last century. Big news for a Los Angelena.
Ich bin eine northwest girl. Not. But I'm learning.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 21 May, 2003 09:34 am
For sure, ossobuco, let's plan something for the next time you're in Seattle. I've never yet met any A2K folks--I think it would be interesting--and fun!
0 Replies