WRETCHED EXCESS

cyphercat

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2006 10:42 pm
Just thinking about seeing my excesses set down in cold, hard type makes me nervous. If I did that, I could no longer tell myself I don't know why I can't lose weight...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2006 11:19 pm
hurling some pistachio husks at cypher...
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 12:42 am
Hey Osso, you wanna hurl some of them pistachios this way ;-)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 05:55 am
Miss Brenda had the same thing to say about cheese cake . . .

Them Ruffles, i got will power, i didn't eat 'em all . . . there's Ruffles an' Coke left . . . not half, but there's some left . . . not a quarter, but there's some left . . .
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 07:51 am
breakfast excess

toast and butter

sometimes 3 pieces

after another 3 pieces..
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 08:19 am
Chocolate coated raisins!

My better half bought a bloody great tub from Costco the other weekend, thinking that we could have a little dip into it now and then.

I think I gromffed half of them during one televised football match a couple of days later.

Those things are bloody addictive.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 08:21 am
Deep fried cat.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 08:22 am
Lord Ellpus wrote:
Chocolate coated raisins!

bring new meaning to the phrase

Hershey squirts..
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 12:37 pm
!!!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 01:29 pm
Just had a handful myself.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 01:48 pm
nutella - i've been known to eat a whole jar on a few ocassions.
lately i have developed a strange affinity for flax seeds - that is anything with flax seeds (i had tortilla rollups and tortilla chips).
and dried banana chips - i can choke on those, and there's never enough of them.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 01:56 pm
All right, all right, just so osso stops throwing pistachio husks at me...

Where to begin?

A local coffee shop has absolutely HUGE sticky buns that I always tell myself I will save half of. Ha! That's once a week, only because they're available just once a week. Pizza-- every now and then I absolutely must have a mini cheese pizza and I devour the whole thing in 15 minutes. And gigantic bowls of buttered popcorn, enough for five people, and I eat all of it. <sigh> There's more, but that's all I can bring myself to write down... Laughing
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 02:02 pm
Osso puts pistachio husks away..
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 02:03 pm
Oooo Nutella is sex in a tub. That stuff is so friggin' good.

Chocolates. There is a Laura Secord 'round my work, and they have ice cream too. This is sad, but I have 3 or 4 people who I have trained to bring me those chocolates....I think I sold my soul to the devil for those things. I can't say it's not worth it.

Mint and chocolate together and I can't stop. If I had a box of Peps I would just eat and eat and eat til I couldn't no more.

Sometimes I'll buy a huge cake or cheesecake or some other $20 gateux down at this beautiful bakery....and eat it for all my meals within 2 days.

That's the way to live! The only thing that makes that better is having someone to eat it off of. Smile
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 02:09 pm
I used to rent cars at the Sacramento Airport and then drive over to Davis and on to my work areas. At Davis was this pistachio farm where they would sell 25lb bags of the little phuckers. Id buy a bag with intentions of taking em home at the end of a two week stay. Never happened. Id have to go back and buy more 25 lb bags. (most all of which Id eat in the car, throwing the liittle husks all over the floor. Before Id return the car , Id pull over somehwere along the coastal road and just sweep out the husks , which, as we all know, merely add to the biomass.

Sometimes pistachios are just really fine and then youd get one witha taste that would gag me. I looked at the gag causing one by spiiting out the remains . There , in the effluvia was the distinct remains of a small maggot and a semidetached single floor rancher made out of some kind of maggot muff.
I am verey careful to inspect every pistachio now because, unlike mopani worms, which are quite tasty. pistachio maggots add the taste and a hairy web.

I could eat clams all day and night, but that is another story.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 02:14 pm
Well, ok Ill tell you about clams. In New england and Canada they sell these Ipswich clams (a soft shell variety that is well endowed with a manly pallus like tubule. This kind is usually covered in a grit net that, upon stemning, one must slip the casing off before enjoying. In jersey and Delaware they sell Quahogs , or what we call cherrystone clams. I enjoy both kinds but, as for economy of scale, i New England they sell the stemers by the pound and in Jersey they sell the Quahogs by the dozen. Since theyre mostly seawater inside, the quahogs are the better deal.
I used to sit by the bar and dring Yuengling (Chesterfield Ale) or heiney and eat clams till I was completely shitfaced but satisfied.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 02:17 pm
Poor Setanta, plagued with deprivation.

Just finished off the last Belgian Mini Eclairs filled with rich Bavarian custard cream topped with real Belgian chocolate..
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 02:20 pm
Setanta and Miss Brenda (aka Aunt Brenda to my furkids) will be spending next Sunday together.

She'll be picking him up and taking him out for breakfast.

I suspect it will be non-stop cheesecake and Doritos from that time til she drops him back off in the evening.

Paradise for the fella.

<this thread is helping me understand his frustration with my "oh, I'll have one of these chocolates today and another in a day or so" approach to treats>
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 02:25 pm
farmerman wrote:

Sometimes pistachios are just really fine and then youd get one witha taste that would gag me. I looked at the gag causing one by spiiting out the remains . There , in the effluvia was the distinct remains of a small maggot and a semidetached single floor rancher made out of some kind of maggot muff.
I am verey careful to inspect every pistachio now because, unlike mopani worms, which are quite tasty. pistachio maggots add the taste and a hairy web.

Oh, bleaaaaah. I know exactly what you're talking about...we used to buy organic ones from our co-op, but every other one was like that and I couldn't stand it. I try to tell myself it's just a little extra protein and not to worry about it, but I just can't do it.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 02:27 pm
Put just about any kind of shelled nut in front of me and I'll devour them. Love peanuts, cashews, pecans, hazlenuts, pistachios, dry roasted peanuts, honey roasted peanuts, peanut butter, beer nuts... Here at work there's always a huge bag of peanuts in the shell - very good but it keeps us from eating them too damn fast.

We sometimes buy Nutella but I've never gotten any before my kids ate it all. Wink
0 Replies