Love is like an apple tree...

Treya

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2006 02:15 pm
Here we go again... heph and her corniness... hehehe...

I responded to a post earlier and have been thinking about what I said ever since. What an awesome concept. Love is like an apple tree. Huh...

It starts out small. A seed with potential to grow into something great if it is grown in the right conditions. That doesn't mean perfect conditions, because what we consider perfect conditions are probably not really perfect as they seem. We think fair weather means happiness. Steady temperatures, little rain, bright sun shiney days. But it's the stormy weather that brings the challenge to hold through.

A seed is worthless if it's not planted in fertile soil. Soil that has nutrients it needs. In a place where it can get watered by the passing storms. A place where as it matures it can get the sunshine it needs to grow. It's a little miracle this seed if it's planted right. It has potential, but potential alone is not enough to make it grow.

When the seed opens up it's still in a dark place. Somewhere that it can't be seen just yet. It draws from things that surround it and it grows until eventually it breaks through the surface. It begins to shoot out it's little roots here and there and starts as just a little twig sticking out of the ground. Nothing all too attractive just yet, but with time and seasons it will grow.

Seasons come and go. Each season has it's part in the growth of this tree. Each season is vital.

Summer is the time of the storms. When the winds will blow and test the strength of the roots that hold this tree. The sunshine is abundant as well, bringing life and vitality to the tree. Drawing it upwards.

Fall is the time that the fruit of this tree is ripe for the picking once it has reached maturity. The fruit is the sign of maturity because love isn't self consumed, but gives of what it has to others. The temperatures drop and this tree loses it's leaves and comes back to looking like a little twig sticking out of the ground.

Winter is the time when the tree is dormant... almost seemingly dead if you only looked at it from the outside perspective. There are no signs of life really. But you can't see the roots underneath the surface that are keeping it alive through the cold months.

Spring is the time the tree comes back to life. It is a beautiful thing, an apple tree. Once it's reaches maturity and begins to produce fruit, the seasons show the beauty of the tree. You see, the fruit must be taken and used by someone else, or it will just wither and waste away. But it holds the potential within itself to reproduce more of it's kind. Spring is the time of the blossoms. A promise of the fruit that is to follow with the survival of each coming season.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,927 • Replies: 15
No top replies

flushd

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2006 02:46 pm
Smile Smile

And the storms let us know if we're dealing with a weakling tree....tears those suckers right up from the ground! Laughing

I like it, Heph.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2006 02:51 pm
I thought it was like candy on a shelf.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2006 02:52 pm
Thanks flushd. And you are SO right! So right indeed!
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2006 02:53 pm
Please explain edgar... I'd be interested to get your take on this.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2006 03:03 pm
Just joking. Tom Jones sings

Love is like candy on a shelf
Just walk up and help yourself
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2006 03:14 pm
LOL cute...
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2006 06:33 pm
hep ......... would you mind if I copied that and put it somewhere safe so I can keep it.

That was beautiful. Thank you for posting it!
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2006 06:34 pm
Go right ahead Brooke. It's free to anyone who likes it. Smile
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2006 09:06 pm
Funny and ironic you wrote this because lately I've been referring to possible relationships as seeds (when talking to one close freind of mine) and now it comes up here.

Great writing heph.

But the seeds I talk about don't have a 100% healthy growing rate, that's why I encourage all planters to plant as many seeds as they would like to grow, in hope that one may blossom and grow, in those good conditions you so eloquently explained.

Once you find a blossoming seed you will be very lucky, because later it may become the source of wealth in your life.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2006 09:18 pm
Yes, let me add that I like your writing also.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2006 09:38 pm
Thank you edgar. Smile
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2006 10:31 pm
CarbonSystem wrote:
Funny and ironic you wrote this because lately I've been referring to possible relationships as seeds (when talking to one close freind of mine) and now it comes up here.

Great writing heph.

But the seeds I talk about don't have a 100% healthy growing rate, that's why I encourage all planters to plant as many seeds as they would like to grow, in hope that one may blossom and grow, in those good conditions you so eloquently explained.

Once you find a blossoming seed you will be very lucky, because later it may become the source of wealth in your life.

Now THAT was beautiful. Thank you carbon.
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 04:37 pm
Haha, why thank you heph
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 05:17 pm
No, no, no... Thank YOU carbon! Hehehe...
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 02:39 pm
If it's really love, a few worms in the apples won't bother you.
0 Replies