Bf going to france

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 06:41 am
Hi. i know this is silly, because there isnt any 'advice' anyone can give me really, but my bf is going to france for 3 and a half months, and im going to find it really difficult.
it will give me time to do my a levels and so forth, and when he comes back we will have a summer of having fun together for about 2 months but then im off to university, and im just dreading the whole thing. i was really relaxed about it, but now ive got so attatched to him im dreading the whole thing.
i tried to stop myself getting all needy, but recently i have just been missing him all the time when im not with him etc, and i know thats not healthy because it ends up to be crap.
im just a bit worried and stuff and wondered it anyone had any thoughts.
thank you
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 653 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 09:25 am
Worried about what?
0 Replies

mystery girl

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 09:32 am
Re: Bf going to france
The Pentacle Queen wrote:
Hi. i know this is silly, because there isnt any 'advice' anyone can give me really, but my bf is going to france for 3 and a half months, and im going to find it really difficult.
it will give me time to do my a levels and so forth, and when he comes back we will have a summer of having fun together for about 2 months but then im off to university, and im just dreading the whole thing. i was really relaxed about it, but now ive got so attatched to him im dreading the whole thing.
i tried to stop myself getting all needy, but recently i have just been missing him all the time when im not with him etc, and i know thats not healthy because it ends up to be crap.
im just a bit worried and stuff and wondered it anyone had any thoughts.
thank you

Okay, you need to stop right now and remember you're an individual person. You had a life before you met him and you'll have one while he is away. Have some faith; if you guys want to or are drawn to each other, all will be well.

Best thing you can do is focus on your own thing, starting now. This doesn't mean you love or like him any less, but it means you find your own strength and personhood.

You've got a world and a self to tend to. Relax about him. Enjoy the here and now, pay attention to your feelings, and don't feel either obligated or desperate to make it be a certain way. Separations can be tough, but they are no reason not to enjoy what you have when you have it.
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 06:40 am
thank you. i need to stop being so uptight.
i feel like i did when i knew me and my old boyfriend were going to split up, all clingy and possesive because i dont want to let him go. when he mails me telling me its going to be ok, i cry, i need to stop it, but i guess im just really emotional.

i guess the main thing that im worried about is that i wont be able to cope when he's away and i will spend all the time moping about it. but is suppose i will get used to it, wont i?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 07:47 am
The Pentacle Queen wrote:

i guess the main thing that im worried about is that i wont be able to cope when he's away and i will spend all the time moping about it. but is suppose i will get used to it, wont i?

You'll be sad, there is no doubt about that. It's natural to be sad when someone you love leaves you. But you can't mope and you can't force the responsibilty of making you happy on someone else.

2 weeks after my hubby and I were married, he had to go to another state for work. It sucked a lot and I was very sad. But I kept doing what I always do and made myself remember that it wasn't permanent and that he'd be back soon.

The first week is the hardest. It gets easier.
0 Replies