gustavratzenhofer

Sat 7 Jun, 2008 01:49 pm
You sounded so.... republican.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Sat 7 Jun, 2008 01:51 pm
no worries on that score my friend.... no worries...
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Sat 7 Jun, 2008 01:52 pm
<wipes sweat from brow>
0 Replies

Mame

Sat 7 Jun, 2008 02:13 pm
(with his sleeve)
0 Replies

McTag

Sat 7 Jun, 2008 02:21 pm
I saw Hillary's concession speech, and it was a beaut.

Smile Well done, Senator. You have become a great communicator.
0 Replies

Thomas

Sat 7 Jun, 2008 02:56 pm
She'll be a good 45th president.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Sat 7 Jun, 2008 03:25 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:
You are dead right, Snood. Other than the 2012 theory, her behavior has been completely inexplicable for more than a month now (I don't want to give the Bobby Kennedy theory any credence). Tuesday through Saturday with her 18 million BS after losing is undeniably doing harm to her Party's chances of winning in the General. Reasons to support her actions are:

If you're a Republican. If you're a Bigot. If you're an idiot. If [i]anyone [/i]can provide another reason(s); I'd love to hear it.

that's the thing... you would hear it... but you would not consider it.

When you make it clear that you must be a repub and idiot or a bigot.... well, what's the incentive for trying to be reasonable? Laughing

A few here have beat that drum for some time. And anybody who doesn't embrace the particular messianic fervor of the day--no matter what the subject--will be branded "repub" or "rightwingnut" or "racist" or "bigot" or "idiot". Makes any kind of reasonableness damned difficult.
This is utter nonsense. It is perfectly natural for a Republican to oppose Obama. That in itself has encouraged me to disparage NO ONE as a bigot or an idiot. Ask Georgeob1, Finn or Tico how many times I've accused them of bigotry or idiocy. These charges are reserved for people who actually display tendencies towards them.

And this newest whimpering about "Only on A2K do I hear this stuff" is ridiculous as well. In each of our real lives, most of us have incentive to hold our tongues a whole lot more often than we'd feel compelled to as an anonymous poster on a message board. This is the very reason many come here to discuss politics... and other topics that are somewhat taboo in other venues. Some use their anonymity to post more bigoted and/or idiotic crap than they would normally say in real life. There are probably some folks who are openly bigoted in real life who choose to tone in back on A2K, and folks who know virtually nothing who attempt to wiki their way into feigning being knowledgeable. The simple fact is: On a message board; people are pretty much only judged by what they post.

That being said; just like in real life one can alter how their perceived by altering what they project. This cannot be accomplished by whimpering about it... especially not by painting false, unverifiable parallels... that the more intelligent posters realize don't exist.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Sat 7 Jun, 2008 03:26 pm
Bill, I bet you think someone is reading your stuff.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Sat 7 Jun, 2008 03:34 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:

He probably reads it. It could be where he acquired the hutzpah to be the self proclaimed judge of who is racist or bigoted or dishonest. Curiously it appears to be only those who strongly disagree with him who are ever labeled such, but I say that only as a casual observation without doing a lot of serious research.

By the way Gus. Do you think a lot of old farmers are Obama supporters?
0 Replies

Ethel2

Sat 7 Jun, 2008 04:29 pm
kickycan wrote:
I guess today we will finally find out, "What does Hillary want?"

I have heard this question and seen the soundbite of her saying this over and over since Obama won. I've been trying to figure out why I should give a f*ck. I got nothing.

WHO GIVES A **** WHAT HILLARY WANTS?! YOU LOST! GET OFF THE STAGE AND OUT OF THE SPOTLIGHT YOU ATTENTION WHORE!

Great outlook, if you want a Republican in the White House. That's why you should care. Come on Kicky, you can do better than that. It's not about you, and it's not about Hillary, it's about the Dems winning the WH. In order to do that both sides need to help the other re-unite. Surely you must have some concept about trying to put yourself in the shoes of others. You sound pig headed and selfish in what you wrote. While I know you can be stubborn, it's usually when you're out partying (I still remember that cab ride. You naughty guy.) Mostly I know you as a real sweetie. So let's stop fighting. Bernie and I are relieved that divorce is no longer an option. Very Happy

Did you see Hillary's speech this morning? That's what it's going to take to win the election. Nobody and not just baby boomer women, but nobody likes to be disregarded and scapegoated.

Did anyone see the petition being circulated around the internet that looks like it's from Hillary supporters? It calls for a boycott of MSNBC for their sexist coverage of the primary. I was wondering who was behind it until I saw in the last paragraph a sentence that said "Something else to keep in mind: you can also send a powerful message to the elitist backroom dealers and so-called 'leaders' of the anti-democracy democrat party by registering as an independent voter." Now who calls the Democratic Party the Democrat Party? Republicans, that's who. It's a swift boat attack first rattle out of the box. We need to get together and stop licking our wounds to fight these disgusting attacks.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Sat 7 Jun, 2008 04:36 pm
http://www.womenboycottmsnbc.com/

Here it is, the reptiles are at it again!
0 Replies

snood

Sat 7 Jun, 2008 04:38 pm
Thanks O'Bill. I find yours to be a refreshing voice of reason and clarity.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Sat 7 Jun, 2008 04:40 pm
Lola wrote:
The idea that enough Dems will vote for McCain to give him the victory is silly. Of course there are a few people out of control out there saying all sorts of things.

What's really hard to believe is that any Democrat that wants to win in November would be doing anything other than working together to win. I think most will. And I think they will even if the sore winners and losers keep flinging insults at each other.

Why spend time repeating outrageous things over heard at lunch or on talk shows? The more we keep fighting, the more likely it is that we will lose. No one likes to be insulted. Stop rubbing it in and let's move on with the campaign. To continue to fight is unconscionable at this point in the game.
Great post, Lola.

You had come to represent, in my mind, a large segment of Hillary supporters. Your message of unity is precisely what I would expect from an intelligent Hillary supporter as it is the only direction that makes sense for any Democrat. Your post fortifies my belief that the occasional bitter fool who'll really cut off their nose to spite their face is an anomoly.
Best wishes to you and yours.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Sat 7 Jun, 2008 04:42 pm
Bill, what do you and yours do in a situation like this when the only thing on the table is a McCain?

That must hurt like hell.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Sat 7 Jun, 2008 04:49 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
gustavratzenhofer wrote:

He probably reads it. It could be where he acquired the hutzpah to be the self proclaimed judge of who is racist or bigoted or dishonest. Curiously it appears to be only those who strongly disagree with him who are ever labeled such, but I say that only as a casual observation without doing a lot of serious research.
Laughing Yes, while labeling someone a bigot, idiot or both, I'm usually in disagreement with them. Your standard amount of research will suffice. As pointed out to those not terminally clueless; there is no automatic labeling because of disagreement... as evidenced by the fact that the more intelligent liberals and conservatives on this sight have NEVER been labeled an idiot or bigot by me.

Idiots and bigots like to pretend that the charge is thrown like a blanket over everyone; but it just ain't so.

Thanks Snood.
0 Replies

kickycan

Sat 7 Jun, 2008 04:50 pm
Lola wrote:
kickycan wrote:

I have heard this question and seen the soundbite of her saying this over and over since Obama won. I've been trying to figure out why I should give a f*ck. I got nothing.

WHO GIVES A **** WHAT HILLARY WANTS?! YOU LOST! GET OFF THE STAGE AND OUT OF THE SPOTLIGHT YOU ATTENTION WHORE!

Great outlook, if you want a Republican in the White House. That's why you should care. Come on Kicky, you can do better than that. It's not about you, and it's not about Hillary, it's about the Dems winning the WH. In order to do that both sides need to help the other re-unite. Surely you must have some concept about trying to put yourself in the shoes of others. You sound pig headed and selfish in what you wrote. While I know you can be stubborn, it's usually when you're out partying (I still remember that cab ride. You naughty guy.) Mostly I know you as a real sweetie. So let's stop fighting. Bernie and I are relieved that divorce is no longer an option. Very Happy

Did you see Hillary's speech this morning? That's what it's going to take to win the election. Nobody and not just baby boomer women, but nobody likes to be disregarded and scapegoated.

Did anyone see the petition being circulated around the internet that looks like it's from Hillary supporters? It calls for a boycott of MSNBC for their sexist coverage of the primary. I was wondering who was behind it until I saw in the last paragraph a sentence that said "Something else to keep in mind: you can also send a powerful message to the elitist backroom dealers and so-called 'leaders' of the anti-democracy democrat party by registering as an independent voter." Now who calls the Democratic Party the Democrat Party? Republicans, that's who. It's a swift boat attack first rattle out of the box. We need to get together and stop licking our wounds to fight these disgusting attacks.

If you'll notice, this is one of the few times I've ranted about Hillary and her giant ego. So I posted a little of my true feelings for her. No biggie. It was just something that stuck in my craw. But I'm done now, and so is Hillary, so I say, let's just move on.

And just so you know, I love you now as I always have, and as soon as you dump that stinking Canadian, I will be all over you like fuzz on a peach. :wink:
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Sat 7 Jun, 2008 04:50 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Bill, what do you and yours do in a situation like this when the only thing on the table is a McCain?

I don't understand your question.
A situation like what?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Sat 7 Jun, 2008 04:51 pm
Kick, would you repeat that?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Sat 7 Jun, 2008 04:52 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
gustavratzenhofer wrote:

I don't understand your question.
A situation like what?

I mean you must have wanted a better representative for your party.

That's all.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Sat 7 Jun, 2008 04:57 pm
kickycan wrote:
Lola wrote:
kickycan wrote:

If you'll notice, this is one of the few times I've ranted about Hillary and her giant ego. So I posted a little of my true feelings for her. No biggie. It was just something that stuck in my craw. But I'm done now, and so is Hillary, so I say, let's just move on.

And just so you know, I love you now as I always have, and as soon as you dump that stinking Canadian, I will be all over you like fuzz on a peach. :wink:

If you love me, you love Hillary. giggle Thanks Kicky.
0 Replies