Bi-Polar Bear

Sat 7 Jun, 2008 09:45 am
kick my friend... we need patron shots and a lap dance. Something we can agree on. Bi-partisan bonding and all....
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Sat 7 Jun, 2008 09:47 am
Roxxxanne wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
kicky I have a lot of "real time " friends... young and old, black, white and every hue in between, male and female, who support Obama and we have had many discussions about this election and we disagree on many things.
Same with the McCain supporters I know, although I don't know as many who support McCain.

Only on A2K have I been branded an idiot, a hater and a racist. Only here.

LOL well, don't feel bad. I have been accused of being a man here. Something that NEVER happens in real life.

I wouldn't take being called an idiot to heart. I have a 145 IQ and get called an idiot all the time. I don't recall seeing you called a racist or a hater although you, at times, display homophobic and misogynist sentiments.

I don't hate women or homosexuals. Only women and homosexuals who are ass holes. That's what I hate. Ass holes.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Sat 7 Jun, 2008 09:56 am
kickycan wrote:
BPB, I was only responding to this bullshit statement by Foxfyre:

Foxfyre wrote:
[anybody who doesn't embrace the particular messianic fervor of the day--no matter what the subject--will be branded "repub" or "rightwingnut" or "racist" or "bigot" or "idiot".

You do see how this is bullshit, don't you?

Did it not occur to you that it would be more honest to use my entire quote instead of picking out the line you could pretend said something else and therefore was more easy to attack? And then perhaps you couldn't represent it as bullshit.

I can honestly say that I have NEVER been accused of blind partisanship, or of being hateful or extreme, a racist or a bigot or homophobic anywhere but here on A2K. In my driveway on any given day you may see cars with Kerry/Edwards stickers, Obama stickers, Hillary stickers, or Ron Paul stickers and my neighborhood will probably sport more yard signs for Democrats than Republicans in November.

Those people do not see me or treat me as a hateful, racist, narrow minded bigot and they don't misrepresent what I said in an attempt to make me look terrible. As BPB said, I have to come to A2K for that.

It would be nice to actually have a discussion that allows all points of view without either side having to be evil.
0 Replies

kickycan

Sat 7 Jun, 2008 09:58 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
kick my friend... we need patron shots and a lap dance. Something we can agree on. Bi-partisan bonding and all....

Bring on the dancing girls!
0 Replies

kickycan

Sat 7 Jun, 2008 10:02 am
Foxfyre wrote:
kickycan wrote:
BPB, I was only responding to this bullshit statement by Foxfyre:

Foxfyre wrote:
[anybody who doesn't embrace the particular messianic fervor of the day--no matter what the subject--will be branded "repub" or "rightwingnut" or "racist" or "bigot" or "idiot".

You do see how this is bullshit, don't you?

Did it not occur to you that it would be more honest to use my entire quote instead of picking out the line you could pretend said something else and therefore was more easy to attack?

No, actually. Mostly because the part that I quoted is the part that was complete bullshit and the part that I was responding to. That statement's meaning doesn't change from horseshit to truth because you say it does.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Sat 7 Jun, 2008 10:17 am
mysteryman wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
rabel22 wrote:
All I hear from you and him is change. Just exactly what Bush said in order to get elected. Instead of telling me I don't listen why don't you tell me what he really believes and how he is going to accomplish what he claims he is going to do. All I have ever heard from you is go to his spin sites which I never do because they are brain washing sites which say nothing wether dem or rep. So when you say nothing your right I don't hear anything.

Well, heck. What would you like me to discuss, specifically? It's difficult for us to move forward without knowledge of specific topics, as there are so many different aspects of governance that he has discussed...

I promise not to send you any site, either.

Cycloptichorn

OK,
This is directly from Obama's website...

Quote:
Bringing Our Troops Home
Obama will immediately begin to remove our troops from Iraq. He will remove one to two combat brigades each month, and have all of our combat brigades out of Iraq within 16 months. Obama will make it clear that we will not build any permanent bases in Iraq. He will keep some troops in Iraq to protect our embassy and diplomats; if al Qaeda attempts to build a base within Iraq, he will keep troops in Iraq or elsewhere in the region to carry out targeted strikes on al Qaeda.

Now, how is he going to accomplish this?

By telling the military commanders that this is what is to be done.

Quote:

Is he going to bring troops home and leave their equipment behind?
Its not possible to bring two brigades, with ALL of their equipment, home in one month.

Some of the equipment will be left behind. This has always been part of the plan; it's going to be more expensive to ship some of the heavier stuff back then it would be to sell it to the new IA.

We can withdraw a brigade in a month. I don't know why you think we can't. The most powerful force on earth, and you have a pretty dim opinion of our abilities. The decision to make it happen is the most important part.

Quote:

the infrastructure built by a brigade just to support themselves is massive.
Also, since there are approx 15 people supporting each combat soldier, people like cooks, medical staff, mechanics, armorers, clerks, IT people, and others in non combat roles, is he counting them in his remarks?
Or, did he leave himself a way out by specifying COMBAT brigades?

As we pay for those people to be there too, why not bring them home as well?

Quote:
And if he wont build permanent bases in Iraq to
Quote:
carry out targeted strikes on al Qaeda
then where else in the region will he station them?
Israel?
Kuwait?
Saudi Arabia?
Yemen?
Exactly where will he station them?
And, does he have permission or agreements with those other countries to launch offensive attacks into Iraq from those other countries?

There will be some soldiers in Iraq for some time yet. A lack of 'permanent bases' does not mean 'complete withdraw.' Taking out all of our 'combat brigades' does not mean that all of our fighting troops will be gone from Iraq. I actually wish he would pull them out quicker, but I doubt he will.

Quote:
His statements don't answer any of those questions, neither does his website.

I think that some of his statements have answered exactly this, now, is it in ever big speech he does? No. Try looking for some town hall transcripts, I'll see what I can find; when given time to answer, he's specific on these issues.

I think it's also worth mentioning that he needs the leadership of the armed forces to help him plan this. Hard to get that assistance until the president has changed hands.

I would note that McCain hasn't outlined his plan for winning either; other then to say that it will be won...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

teenyboone

Sat 7 Jun, 2008 10:34 am
mysteryman wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
rabel22 wrote:
All I hear from you and him is change. Just exactly what Bush said in order to get elected. Instead of telling me I don't listen why don't you tell me what he really believes and how he is going to accomplish what he claims he is going to do. All I have ever heard from you is go to his spin sites which I never do because they are brain washing sites which say nothing wether dem or rep. So when you say nothing your right I don't hear anything.

Well, heck. What would you like me to discuss, specifically? It's difficult for us to move forward without knowledge of specific topics, as there are so many different aspects of governance that he has discussed...

Cycloptichorn

OK,

Quote:
Bringing Our Troops Home
Obama will immediately begin to remove our troops from Iraq. He will remove one to two combat brigades each month, and have all of our combat brigades out of Iraq within 16 months. Obama will make it clear that we will not build any permanent bases in Iraq. He will keep some troops in Iraq to protect our embassy and diplomats; if al Qaeda attempts to build a base within Iraq, he will keep troops in Iraq or elsewhere in the region to carry out targeted strikes on al Qaeda.

Its not possible to bring two brigades, with ALL of their equipment, home in one month.
Also, since there are approx 15 people supporting each combat soldier, people like cooks, medical staff, mechanics, armorers, clerks, IT people, and others in non combat roles, is he counting them in his remarks?

Quote:
Israel?
Kuwait?
Saudi Arabia?
Yemen?
And, does he have permission or agreements with those other countries to launch offensive attacks into Iraq from those other countries?

His statements dont answer any of those questions, neither does his website.

Same as Bush, after 6 years! Any questions?
Cool Cool
0 Replies

mysteryman

Sat 7 Jun, 2008 11:24 am
sozobe wrote:

- Obama has said that he wants to bring the troops out but will listen to the expert counsel of generals (etc.) in the field. This is, in fact, an over-arching policy of his, the whole pragmatism thing. Seek out expert advice and listen to it (as opposed to surrounding himself with yes-men), then make decisions based on it.

Then why wont he go to Iraq and talk to the generals in the field?
What better experts are there then the men actually commanding the troops in Iraq?

But none of what you wrote answers the questions I asked.
Did hew leave himself a way out when he specified COMBAT troops, and not ALL troops?
0 Replies

mysteryman

Sat 7 Jun, 2008 11:42 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
rabel22 wrote:

Cycloptichorn

OK,

Quote:
Bringing Our Troops Home

Quote:

Some of the equipment will be left behind. This has always been part of the plan; it's going to be more expensive to ship some of the heavier stuff back then it would be to sell it to the new IA.

We can withdraw a brigade in a month. I don't know why you think we can't. The most powerful force on earth, and you have a pretty dim opinion of our abilities. The decision to make it happen is the most important part.

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Israel?
Kuwait?
Saudi Arabia?
Yemen?

There will be some soldiers in Iraq for some time yet. A lack of 'permanent bases' does not mean 'complete withdraw.' Taking out all of our 'combat brigades' does not mean that all of our fighting troops will be gone from Iraq. I actually wish he would pull them out quicker, but I doubt he will.

Quote:

I think that some of his statements have answered exactly this, now, is it in ever big speech he does? No. Try looking for some town hall transcripts, I'll see what I can find; when given time to answer, he's specific on these issues.

I think it's also worth mentioning that he needs the leadership of the armed forces to help him plan this. Hard to get that assistance until the president has changed hands.

I would note that McCain hasn't outlined his plan for winning either; other then to say that it will be won...

Cycloptichorn

You claimed that Obama had specific plans, and had outlined them either in speeches or on his website.
So, where are those specific plans outlined?
He listed a generality on his website about leaving Iraq, but there are no specifics.

So, discuss the specifics of his plan to leave Iraq, answering the questions I asked.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Sat 7 Jun, 2008 11:51 am
She just put a curse on him...

http://www.foxnews.com/images/root_images/060708_clinton_help.jpg
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Sat 7 Jun, 2008 01:10 pm
teenyboone wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
rabel22 wrote:

Cycloptichorn

OK,

Quote:
Bringing Our Troops Home

Quote:
Israel?
Kuwait?
Saudi Arabia?
Yemen?

His statements dont answer any of those questions, neither does his website.

Same as Bush, after 6 years! Any questions?
Cool Cool

So you're now pointing out similarities in bush and Obama? Wow... that's unexpected.... and stupid.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Sat 7 Jun, 2008 01:23 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
rabel22 wrote:

Cycloptichorn

OK,

Quote:
Bringing Our Troops Home

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Israel?
Kuwait?
Saudi Arabia?
Yemen?

Quote:

Cycloptichorn

You claimed that Obama had specific plans, and had outlined them either in speeches or on his website.
So, where are those specific plans outlined?
He listed a generality on his website about leaving Iraq, but there are no specifics.

So, discuss the specifics of his plan to leave Iraq, answering the questions I asked.

Pardon the interruption, but what, "specifically," do you mean by "specific outline"?

Please be more specific.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Sat 7 Jun, 2008 01:28 pm
the specifictiy resides not in the specific outline but in the specific plan contained in the specific outline that you specify you require specifics for.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Sat 7 Jun, 2008 01:30 pm
Ah, yes. Got'cha.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Sat 7 Jun, 2008 01:30 pm
Bear, could you be more specific?
0 Replies

Mame

Sat 7 Jun, 2008 01:31 pm
About what, specifically?
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Sat 7 Jun, 2008 01:34 pm
Mame wrote:

The specifics of the specifics of course.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Sat 7 Jun, 2008 01:36 pm
Mame wrote:

About the fact that Obama just woke up one day and "felt like running for Prez."

He keeps his "specific plans" in a Mead wide-ruled notebook. Under a page with the heading "Iraq and Stuff," he writes, "Go over there with a megaphone and tell everyone to pack up and catch the next flight home."
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Sat 7 Jun, 2008 01:41 pm
you've forgotten who you're speaking of... he uses a COLLEGE RULED mead notebook...
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Sat 7 Jun, 2008 01:42 pm
I'm sorry ... I should have said "Of whom you speak".... how blue collar uneducated democrat of me... Embarrassed
0 Replies