OCCOM BILL

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 03:15 pm
sozobe wrote:
My mom's going to be there (yes, she's going to be there! tonight! I'm jealous, sozlet is unbelievably jealous) so I've asked her what she's been told about when he'll be speaking. (No response yet.)
Too cool!
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 03:19 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
For Bear...Repent! And thou shall be saved!

from who or what?
0 Replies

sozobe

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 03:34 pm
Well, the graphic didn't update (phooey) but now it's 27.5 (down from 29)...

Closer...
0 Replies

JPB

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 03:47 pm
Ok -- but what is this new crap about her willingness to be VP? He really wouldn't do that, would he?
0 Replies

sozobe

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 03:48 pm
The graphic (last page) is working again now... check it out.

(16.5!!!)

OK, I'm starting to believe it's going to happen tonight.

Teared up a bit when I saw that big jump (27.5 to 16.5).

Seems very possible he'll get 16.5 delegates out of SD and Montana.

Oh my goodness...
0 Replies

okie

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 03:51 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:

Yup, respect with a 28 percent approval rating from Americans. Do you understand polls or math, okie?

Approval ratings or agreement with policy is quite a bit different than respect, ci. I can respect people with whom I disagree, and I can even occasionally agree with the politics of people that I don't respect.
0 Replies

nimh

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 03:51 pm
sozobe wrote:
I'm going to try something... I got an email from the Obama campaign that has a graphic with how many delegates he still needs to get the nomination. It automatically updates. (When I first got the email it was something like 35 -- now it's 29.) (It was 30 very recently, I don't know who the new superdel is yet.)

Anyway, seeing if I can replicate it (automatic updates and all) here:

http://www.barackobama.com/images/email/delcount_e.jpg

It's 12 now Smile

There's a run-down of the superdelegates who came out for Obama today are here - and they promise to keep updating it tonight.
0 Replies

sozobe

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 03:52 pm
JPB wrote:
Ok -- but what is this new crap about her willingness to be VP? He really wouldn't do that, would he?

I don't think there's really anything new about it, though she's being more overt.

My thinking on it is the same as always -- I think he doesn't want to, but recognizes the need to respect Hillary supporters and wants to tread carefully. What I've said is that there may be some sort of pro forma asking and answering that is carefully hammered out ahead of time -- Obama asks, she says thank you very much but actually I think I'd prefer to be a senator and [insert stuff about the fine, important work of senators here, probably with a reference to Teddy Kennedy], Obama gracefully accepts her decision, and then someone else is chosen as VP.

There is some slight chance of the "team of rivals" thing happening -- the whole pragmatist angle -- but I still really don't think so.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 03:52 pm
Here's why it went down so much at once:

Quote:

It'll be tonight. A historic day, and one which I will always remember.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

nimh

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 03:53 pm
okie wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

Yup, respect with a 28 percent approval rating from Americans. Do you understand polls or math, okie?

Approval ratings or agreement with policy is quite a bit different than respect, ci. I can respect people with whom I disagree, and I can even occasionally agree with the politics of people that I don't respect.

If you seriously think that Bush is one of those politicians who is respected even by those who disagree with him, you're deluded. Eisenhower was one of those. Bush, not so much. I'd say probably the least respected President since the seventies.
0 Replies

sozobe

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 03:54 pm
nimh wrote:

It's 12 now Smile

WOW!!!!!!!

Moving fast.

Quote:
There's a run-down of the superdelegates who came out for Obama today are here - and they promise to keep updating it tonight.

Yep, that's what I've been watching (for work purposes, many of 'em are obscure/ non-elected officials, though).
0 Replies

sozobe

Oh, Maxine Waters!!!

Dang!
0 Replies

okie

OCCOM BILL wrote:

And I suppose the saviour is Obama? It is getting mighty deep around here.
0 Replies

sozobe

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 03:55 pm
Sozlet's doing a spirited jig.

:-D :-D :-D
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 03:56 pm
okie wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:

Aw, c'mon Okie, it's a happy day for you, right?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

sozobe

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 03:59 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Here's why it went down so much at once:

Quote:

It'll be tonight. A historic day, and one which I will always remember.

Cycloptichorn

Missed this in the quick posting... fabulous!
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 04:00 pm
10 to go.

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/6/3/154947/8428/493/528365

I think they'll stop soon, and let the states put him over the top.

---

It sorta just hit me while I was typing this, how proud I am of him and his campaign team.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

sozobe

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 04:02 pm
I was thinking the same thing, Cycloptichorn. That they should leave some for tonight.

Oh my goodness...
0 Replies

okie

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 04:03 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
okie wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:

Aw, c'mon Okie, it's a happy day for you, right?

Cycloptichorn

I don't get my happiness from the government, cyclops. I don't happen to care too much about Obama winning the primary, as he hasn't won anything yet that I care about. The race has not even started, and the polls mean nothing at this point. I am happy that the Clintons are being beaten for now, but you better keep an eye on them, just a caution for you. And if McCain does anything right at all, he should beat Obama handily. He can start by picking a decent VP.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 04:06 pm
Obama to Accept Nomination on 45th Anniversary of the "I Have a Dream" Speech
by Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr.
This is a defining moment in history as Senator Barack Obama is poised to become the presidential nominee of the Democratic Party. Senator Obama's nomination confirms Dr. King's observation that 'the moral arc of the universe' is long, but bends toward freedom and justice for all.

Senator Obama personifies a uniquely American story -- born to a mother from Kansas and a father from Kenya. He affirms the motto included in the Great Seal of the United States: E Pluribus Unum -- Out of Many, One. He also reflects the American Dream -- 'a skinny kid with a funny name' who came to Chicago's South Side with 'no money and no connections' can run to become the President of the United States of America.

His campaign is just as uniquely American, made possible by the great democratic movements of the 20th Century. The civil rights movement, labor movement, women's movement, peace movement, and the environmental movement have opened society and expanded rights, allowing more Americans to participate in and perfect our democracy.

Barack Obama will accept the Democratic nomination for President on August 28th -- the 45th Anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s 'I Have A Dream' Speech. In many ways, Senator Obama's nomination as president is a fulfillment of a dream -- a dream long deferred -- envisioning a country where people would 'not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.'

Clearly, Senator Obama has demonstrated his character, conviction and capacity to lead our nation to a more perfect Union. And, the American people have rallied and responded.
0 Replies