cjhsa

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 01:07 pm
Bush's ability to make liberals assume the fetal position and writhe in pain is what I like the most about him.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 01:08 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
Very Happy I'm going to like and respect my next President, no matter what!!! Very Happy
Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

if it's McCain?
0 Replies

sozobe

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 01:12 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Very Happy I'm going to like and respect my next President, no matter what!!! Very Happy

After Bush, that's an easy call.

Not really. I agree that of the entire slate of nominees on both sides, the two most deserving got their party's nomination. While I much prefer Obama to McCain, I much prefer McCain to Romney or Huckabee or Thompson or... So it's definitely a nice change of pace right there, and I think it says good things about the electorate.

As expected, the superdel endorsements rolled in when I was out -- First Read has him 27.5 away from the nomination. This might be a very nice day. :-D
0 Replies

High Seas

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 01:12 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Bush's ability to make liberals assume the fetal position and writhe in pain is what I like the most about him.

Aw, take a break CJ - the President of the United States is supposed to have that effect on the goddamn ENEMY. That just ain't Bear, no matter how much you or I disagree with him.
0 Replies

sozobe

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 01:30 pm
Washington Post:

Quote:
Obama Supdelegate Endorsements Flooding In

By Jonathan Weisman
A rush of superdelegates, some already public, others promised for tonight, are pushing Illinois Sen. Barack Obama close to the Democratic nomination, with Obama aides saying they expect to clinch tonight after the results from South Dakota and Montana roll in.

Thirteen superdelegates have already announced their endorsements, including the highest ranking House leader to take sides, House Majority Whip James Clyburn (D-S.C.), the chairman of the Congressional Black Caucus, Rep. Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick (D-Mich.) and Debbie Dingell, a General Motors official and wife of Energy and Commerce Committee Chairman and Hillary Clinton supporter John Dingell (D-Mich.). House Budget Committee Chairman John Spratt (D-S.C.) also backed Obama this afternoon.

Montana's two senators, Max Baucus and Jon Tester, as well as the state's governor, Brian Schweitzer, are expected to announce their endorsements once the polls close in their state.
"Today ends the process," Clyburn said in an interview this afternoon, predicting that 20 superdelegates will have publicly endorsed Obama by 7 p.m. "The way we treat each other from here until August could very well determine how we do in November."
0 Replies

okie

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 01:35 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:

Are you a fortune teller? If not, I would advise you to wait and see. Sometimes not every product performs as advertised. It could be a lemon, Bill.
0 Replies

okie

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 01:38 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:

Bush has earned respect. You may not agree with him, but my bets are that Bush is respected, even when people don't vote for him or even admit it. It is becoming evident by the day that many Bill Clinton voters do not respect him, and probably never did.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 01:41 pm
okie wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:

Are you a fortune teller? If not, I would advise you to wait and see. Sometimes not every product performs as advertised. It could be a lemon, Bill.

I took it as more of an affirmation, okie. Cool

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/9601/ssmalleypo2.jpg
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 01:43 pm
okie wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:

Bush has earned respect. You may not agree with him, but my bets are that Bush is respected, even when people don't vote for him or even admit it. It is becoming evident by the day that many Bill Clinton voters do not respect him, and probably never did.

Yup, respect with a 28 percent approval rating from Americans. Do you understand polls or math, okie?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 01:45 pm
The MSM never polled me.
0 Replies

nimh

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 02:13 pm
Poor thing.
0 Replies

sozobe

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 02:20 pm
I'm going to try something... I got an email from the Obama campaign that has a graphic with how many delegates he still needs to get the nomination. It automatically updates. (When I first got the email it was something like 35 -- now it's 29.) (It was 30 very recently, I don't know who the new superdel is yet.)

Anyway, seeing if I can replicate it (automatic updates and all) here:

http://www.barackobama.com/images/email/delcount_e.jpg
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 02:22 pm
You did it!

He'll clinch tonite.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

sozobe

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 02:27 pm
I got the graphic but dunno if it'll update.

Sure hope he clinches tonight... superdel trickle seems to have slowed. Clyburn was saying something about 20 by 7 PM -- 11 so far...

Anyone know WHEN Obama's big speech will be? The email, as the graphic shows, is urging people to tune in but all it says is that polls close in Montana at 10 PM EST. Presumably after that, but...? (I SO want to see it, especially if he really-truly clinches, but that's getting really late for me. I'm still going to try to see it -- put the kid to bed and sneak back down maybe. Just sitting there for hours hoping the speech will come on any minute won't work though.)
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 02:31 pm
sozobe wrote:
I got the graphic but dunno if it'll update.

Sure hope he clinches tonight... superdel trickle seems to have slowed. Clyburn was saying something about 20 by 7 PM -- 11 so far...

Anyone know WHEN Obama's big speech will be? The email, as the graphic shows, is urging people to tune in but all it says is that polls close in Montana at 10 PM EST. Presumably after that, but...? (I SO want to see it, especially if he really-truly clinches, but that's getting really late for me. I'm still going to try to see it -- put the kid to bed and sneak back down maybe. Just sitting there for hours hoping the speech will come on any minute won't work though.)

Kos reported earlier that all 5 of Montana's outstanding S-D's will go for Obama tonight after the polls close there. So there's another 5 for ya. My guess is that we'll see a few more this evening, to put him over the top.

He's due to speak at 10 et...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

sozobe

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 02:36 pm
Oh, thanks! Do you know that for sure? Not just "after polls close"?

10 ET would be doable.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 03:00 pm
Sorry but that's all I read. It's entirely likely that he will run a little late, 'specially if the polls are really close in SD.

Yay! Laughing What a good day

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 03:01 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:

if it's McCain?
Yep. I have always liked McCain for all the reasons the Republicans don't. This is win, win for me, for the first time in my life. A wonderful change from the lose, lose last cycle!
0 Replies

sozobe

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 03:03 pm
My mom's going to be there (yes, she's going to be there! tonight! I'm jealous, sozlet is unbelievably jealous) so I've asked her what she's been told about when he'll be speaking. (No response yet.)
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 03:11 pm
For Bear...Repent! And thou shall be saved!
0 Replies