nimh

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 11:07 am
Thanks guys.

okie wrote:
it is a case of buyers remorse for the Dem party, without a doubt.

If there is a case of buyers remorse in the Dem party, how come that

a) Hillary and Obama have basically split the vote since March, much like they did before;
b) Obama's leading Hillary in the opinion polls matching the two up against each other;
c) The party's power brokers (superdelegates) have been consistently coming out in greater numbers for Obama than for Hillary through the last couple of months?

How do you measure the "buyers remorse" you observe in light of that?
0 Replies

nimh

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 11:12 am
Foxfyre wrote:
Nimh writes
Quote:
Moreover, any attempt to achieve an Al Gore-like power broker status by using her greater fame and popular appeal is burdened by the fact that significant swathes of the party's rank and file have come to really, really dislike her.

Philosophical question: Do you think they would dislike her as much if she were a man?

Ooph.

I think she would have still reaped strong dislike, yes, by the nature both of the dynamics of a bitter, extended campaign, and the specifics of how she went about it. But yes, there is an edge of visceral acerbity to some of the hatred of her, which probably wouldnt be there if she were a guy.

Mind you, thats just my opinion/observation, I have nothing to measure that by. (And of course the same goes for the Hillary hatred that marked the conservative base for so long.)
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 11:20 am
nimh's analysis is always welcomed; he provide the necessary historical context and what he believes will happen to the future of not only Hillary, but the democratic party.

Spot on!
0 Replies

blueflame1

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 11:22 am
Philosophical point: with the dirty, racist, lie filled campaign Hillary ran I dont believe she would have gotten this far except she's a woman. Her dodging sniper bullets in Bosnia lie would have done her in if not for being a woman in a country that was aching to elect a woman. Hillary had it made because she's a woman and she blew it proving she is the wrong woman. I feel sorry for the women who stick by her because she made fools of them and took an advantage of their desire to make history that could have, should have happened.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 11:24 am
I see this kind of sentiment all over the Internet:

"The real heat isn't coming from the right, it's coming from all those 17 million Hillary voters who are united against an Obama presidency. By and large, we are voting for McCain so deal with it. I speak for millions of her voters and we are going to take Hussein Obama down."
0 Replies

eoe

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 11:29 am
You can find anything when you look hard enough.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 11:30 am
cjhsa wrote:

"The real heat isn't coming from the right, it's coming from all those 17 million Hillary voters who are united against an Obama presidency. By and large, we are voting for McCain so deal with it. I speak for millions of her voters and we are going to take Hussein Obama down."

They speak for millions?

My guess is not so much.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cjhsa

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 11:30 am
I wasn't really looking. It is what it is.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 11:33 am
cjhsa wrote:

Laughing I'd wager relatively few Hillary supporters refer to him as Hussein Obama. That's Right wing garbage. 17 million old ladies might think they'll vote McCain at the moment; but the campaign hasn't really kicked off yet. Most of them will come to terms with the simple fact that Obama is more representative of Hillary's politics than McCain is.

There will be some bigots and idiots that don't come around, but most people won't cut off their nose to spite their face. Naturally, there will also be a percentage of Independents that were only willing to go left for Hillary. This is normal too.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 11:33 am
cpjhsa wrote:

In your cloistered world, most things are exaggerated to the extreme.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 11:40 am
Quote:
Barack Obama has effectively clinched the Democratic presidential nomination, based on an Associated Press tally of convention delegates.
The tally put Obama over the top Tuesday, ahead of the results from the day's final primaries in Montana and South Dakota. The Illinois senator becomes the first black candidate ever to lead his party into a fall campaign for the White House. Obama outlasted former first lady Hillary Rodham Clinton in a historic contest and now faces Republican Sen. John McCain of Arizona for the presidency.

BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

OBAMARAMA[/size][/color]

Watch Out, McCain[/size][/color]

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

onyxelle

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 11:46 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
OBAMARAMA[/size][/color]

Cycloptichorn

*giggle*
0 Replies

cjhsa

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 11:48 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
cpjhsa wrote:

In your cloistered world, most things are exaggerated to the extreme.

??? Huh ???

Are you talking about that monster fish I caught last year that got away?
0 Replies

nimh

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 12:23 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Laughing I'd wager relatively few Hillary supporters refer to him as Hussein Obama.

Have you seen this site? Or this one? Scary stuff.

Or read through some of the stuff posted and commented on http://mydd.com when the subject's Obama. Much more mixed, more Obama supporters there, but also lots of the type of Hillary fans who dont blanch at "Hussein Obama". Or check the paranoia and loathing of Obama on this site when the subject comes up (luckily not as much as you'd think). Say something nice about Obama there and face being assumed a paid Axelrod stooge.
0 Replies

okie

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 12:25 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:
Barack Obama has effectively clinched the Democratic presidential nomination, based on an Associated Press tally of convention delegates.
The tally put Obama over the top Tuesday, ahead of the results from the day's final primaries in Montana and South Dakota. The Illinois senator becomes the first black candidate ever to lead his party into a fall campaign for the White House. Obama outlasted former first lady Hillary Rodham Clinton in a historic contest and now faces Republican Sen. John McCain of Arizona for the presidency.

BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

OBAMARAMA[/size][/color]

Cycloptichorn

We are all shaking in our boots, as is McCain I am sure, cyclops. What a laugh.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 12:32 pm
okie wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:

OBAMARAMA[/size][/color]

Cycloptichorn

We are all shaking in our boots, as is McCain I am sure, cyclops. What a laugh.

I'm quite sure that you are. Seriously. You can see what is coming as well as anyone else, and it isn't a good thing for the Republicans.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 12:37 pm
nimh wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Laughing I'd wager relatively few Hillary supporters refer to him as Hussein Obama.

Have you seen this site? Or this one? Scary stuff.

Or read through some of the stuff posted and commented on http://mydd.com when the subject's Obama. Much more mixed, more Obama supporters there, but also lots of the type of Hillary fans who dont blanch at "Hussein Obama". Or check the paranoia and loathing of Obama on this site when the subject comes up (luckily not as much as you'd think). Say something nice about Obama there and face being assumed a paid Axelrod stooge.
Thanks Nimh. Perhaps I laughed a little too hard... or gave Hillary supporters more credit than they deserve. I do still expect the majority of sore losers to get over it by November, though. Jumping from Hill's bandwagon to McCain's makes too little sense for me to believe a significant percentage of true Democrats will behave so foolishly. And that was her base.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 12:54 pm
Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
Very Happy I'm going to like and respect my next President, no matter what!!! Very Happy
Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 12:55 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Very Happy I'm going to like and respect my next President, no matter what!!! Very Happy

What a nice feeling!

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Tue 3 Jun, 2008 01:03 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:

After Bush, that's an easy call.
0 Replies