Butrflynet

Fri 11 Apr, 2008 12:04 am
http://www.mlive.com/newsflash/index.ssf?/base/politics-1/120786565846870.xml&storylist=newsmichigan

Quote:
0 Replies

okie

Fri 11 Apr, 2008 01:00 am

Challenged the nation? Challenged our comfort zone? With what, profanities and hatred? Btrfly, you can't seriously believe any of this spin?
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 11 Apr, 2008 05:32 am
Grover Norquist said:
Quote:
"I spend a lot of time working with the conservative press to make sure that we're all thinking alike and talking alike."

Okie said:
Quote:
but essentially I agree 100% with Hannity

Can you ferret out the connection here, okie?
0 Replies

okie

Fri 11 Apr, 2008 11:19 am
blatham, put on your thinking cap for a change. If you would care to listen, I could tell you a few things with which I disagree with any one of a host of conservative pundits and radio personalities. You can pick one if you want? You need to graduate beyond something beyond this elementary to understand, blatham. Conservatives all have a very tough time agreeing on everything, and if you can't see this, you are still at square 1. And as far as politicians, take the Republican field that we had, I did not agree with any of them on everything, but a couple or so were not too far off. Even McCain, with which I disagreed with alot, he is still far better than any Democrat, and so I will likely vote for him.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Fri 11 Apr, 2008 11:22 am
blatham wrote:
Grover Norquist said:
Quote:
"I spend a lot of time working with the conservative press to make sure that we're all thinking alike and talking alike."

Okie said:
Quote:
but essentially I agree 100% with Hannity

Can you ferret out the connection here, okie?

I can't, please help with the connection Blatham.
0 Replies

okie

Fri 11 Apr, 2008 11:24 am
Blatham is still trying to pull a fast one here, and take my statement out of context and twist it. But this is par for the course.
0 Replies

Kitten with a Whip

Fri 11 Apr, 2008 11:24 am
okie wrote:
blatham, put on your thinking cap for a change. If you would care to listen, I could tell you a few things with which I disagree with any one of a host of conservative pundits and radio personalities. You can pick one if you want? You need to graduate beyond something beyond this elementary to understand, blatham. Conservatives all have a very tough time agreeing on everything, and if you can't see this, you are still at square 1. And as far as politicians, take the Republican field that we had, I did not agree with any of them on everything, but a couple or so were not too far off. Even McCain, with which I disagreed with alot, he is still far better than any Democrat, and so I will likely vote for him.

But generally speaking, you guys see everything in black and white. That is why you are so mistaken in your view of the world. And why a liberal version of Fox News, Hannity, Neal Bortz or Rush Limbaugh will never work.
0 Replies

okie

Fri 11 Apr, 2008 11:27 am
Not everything in black and white, but we do see some things, such as right and wrong more clearly on many issues. We do believe in principles that are lasting and sound, that we do not wish to compromise on. You are correct on that, and I am glad of it. Building a foundation on shifting sand is not my idea of a lasting structure.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Fri 11 Apr, 2008 11:31 am
okie wrote:

Challenged the nation? Challenged our comfort zone? With what, profanities and hatred? Btrfly, you can't seriously believe any of this spin?

Seeing as you haven't actually listened to or read anything he's said, how do you feel qualified to say this?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

kickycan

Fri 11 Apr, 2008 11:34 am
okie wrote:
Blatham is still trying to pull a fast one here, and take my statement out of context and twist it. But this is par for the course.

Of course. Because all conservatives are good and true, and all liberals are evil demons from hell, sent to earth by Satan to destroy us all.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Fri 11 Apr, 2008 11:40 am
kickycan wrote:
okie wrote:

Of course. Because all conservatives are good and true, and all liberals are evil demons from hell, sent to earth by Satan to destroy us all.

I knew I wasn't the only one that thought that way! *whew*
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Fri 11 Apr, 2008 11:43 am
McGentrix wrote:
kickycan wrote:
okie wrote:

I knew I wasn't the only one that thought that way! *whew*

May I add an emphatic HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Fri 11 Apr, 2008 11:47 am
Get help.
0 Replies

okie

Fri 11 Apr, 2008 12:36 pm
kickycan wrote:
okie wrote:

Is that sort of like all rich white people run this country, the government gives people drugs, the government started the aids virus, and Jews are responsible for mayhem all over, is that what you mean, kicky? Or is it Hannity that is guilty of "smearing" for mentioning the above? I guess Wright was correct, not Hannity? So do you perhaps think that perhaps Hannity is the demon from hell instead?
0 Replies

kickycan

Fri 11 Apr, 2008 12:38 pm
okie wrote:
kickycan wrote:
okie wrote:

Is that sort of like all rich white people run this country, the government gives people drugs, the government started the aids virus, and Jews are responsible for mayhem all over, is that what you mean, kicky? Or is it Hannity that is guilty of "smearing" for mentioning the above? I guess Wright was correct, not Hannity? So I guess you agree with blatham that Hannity is the demon from hell?

I might respond to this if I had any idea what the hell any of it has to do with the fact that you see all liberals as evil demons from hell.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Fri 11 Apr, 2008 12:39 pm
kickycan wrote:
you see all liberals as evil demons from hell.

You make that sound like a bad thing.
0 Replies

okie

Fri 11 Apr, 2008 12:40 pm
kicky, I would suggest you go back and read the exchange between blatham and I in regard to Hannity. That would be a good place to start if you want to understand this.

And you are the one that brought up the liberals are all evil demons from hell. Are you suffering from some kind of complex?
0 Replies

kickycan

Fri 11 Apr, 2008 12:53 pm
No. You are. I wish I could help you, poor boy.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Fri 11 Apr, 2008 01:13 pm
McGentrix wrote:
kickycan wrote:
you see all liberals as evil demons from hell.

You make that sound like a bad thing.

Congratulations, you've won the annoying contest!
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Fri 11 Apr, 2008 01:55 pm
Gargamel wrote:
Congratulations, you've won the annoying contest!

The contest was rigged.
0 Replies