kickycan

Thu 3 Apr, 2008 04:41 pm
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
It would be hard to sit back and hold my tongue while Democrats self-destruct and snatch defeat from the jaw of victory...

Wow, what a wonderful fantasy world you live in if you think that a few left-leaning posters on A2K arguing is the equivalent of self-destruction. Good god man, get a grip on yourself.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Thu 3 Apr, 2008 04:49 pm
" I must follow the people.
Am I not their leader?"
Benjamin Disraeli
0 Replies

kickycan

Thu 3 Apr, 2008 04:50 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
You haven't ever listened to Limbaugh have you?

I have.

Foxfyre wrote:
He absolutely gives at least up to twice as much time to people who call in to criticize him or present a leftwing perspective as he does the people who call to praise him or present a rightwing point of view.

This is either a bald-faced lie, or you are delusional. I can't decide. Probably both.

Foxfyre wrote:
And I don't recall that Rush has ever raised his voice or disrespected or been rude or dismissive of a single one of those callers.

HAHAHA!!! How ridiculous can you get with this crap. Wow. You're so good at lying, we should start calling you Bill Clinton.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Thu 3 Apr, 2008 04:53 pm
kickycan wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
It would be hard to sit back and hold my tongue while Democrats self-destruct and snatch defeat from the jaw of victory...

Wow, what a wonderful fantasy world you live in if you think that a few left-leaning posters on A2K arguing is the equivalent of self-destruction. Good god man, get a grip on yourself.

Do you leave your house? Do you watch TV? We know you access the internet but do you go anywhere but A2K? Do you read newspapers and magazines?

Grip this Kicky.

God, by the way, should be capitalized --- even for non-believers
0 Replies

maporsche

Thu 3 Apr, 2008 04:56 pm
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

No it shouldn't be.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Thu 3 Apr, 2008 04:57 pm
kickycan wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

What kicky said.
0 Replies

snood

Thu 3 Apr, 2008 04:58 pm
kickycan wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:

I have.

Foxfyre wrote:
He absolutely gives at least up to twice as much time to people who call in to criticize him or present a leftwing perspective as he does the people who call to praise him or present a rightwing point of view.

This is either a bald-faced lie, or you are delusional. I can't decide. Probably both.

Foxfyre wrote:
And I don't recall that Rush has ever raised his voice or disrespected or been rude or dismissive of a single one of those callers.

HAHAHA!!! How ridiculous can you get with this crap. Wow. You're so good at lying, we should start calling you Bill Clinton.

I know. I hate a stinkin liar. It's hard to even humor myself with the illusion that we are carrying on reasonably intelligent discussion when I try to talk to a bald-faced unrepentant stinkin liar like foxfyre.

I don't know if it's a state of delusion or just a bedrock-deep flaw in character, and on that level its sort of interesting as a sort of study of mental pathology, but I won't ever make the mistake of trying to take that stinking liar seriously again.
0 Replies

eoe

Thu 3 Apr, 2008 05:05 pm
Hiding behind an alias gives lots of people the strength they could never possess in their day-to-day.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Thu 3 Apr, 2008 05:06 pm
snood wrote:
kickycan wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:

I have.

Foxfyre wrote:

Foxfyre wrote:

I know. I hate a stinkin liar. It's hard to even humor myself with the illusion that we are carrying on reasonably intelligent discussion when I try to talk to a bald-faced unrepentant stinkin liar like foxfyre.

I don't know if it's a state of delusion or just a bedrock-deep flaw in character, and on that level its sort of interesting as a sort of study of mental pathology, but I won't ever make the mistake of trying to take that stinking liar seriously again.

If you will listen to Rush for one week's radio shows, Monday through Friday, and then tell me the time and date that you heard him be disrespectful to a liberal caller and the name of that caller, I'll send you a gift certificate for a steak dinner. (I can retrieve it I believe on the website.) I'm not saying he is never disrespectful or uncomplimentary in his remarks about certain people because he certainly is. But I have NEVER heard him be rude, dismissive to any caller or not give any liberal more opportunity to say what he or she wants to say than he usually allows the rightwingers. He will certainly disagree with them, both right and leftwingers when he disagrees, but he is not rude or dismissive.

Kicky is lying through his teeth because if he had ever listened to Rush for any length of time, he would know that.

And you really aren't going to admit that you were out of line accusing me of something I didn't do either, are you.
0 Replies

Thomas

Thu 3 Apr, 2008 05:07 pm
Foxfyre wrote:

Yes I have, but it's clear from your description that it's not the Rush Limbaugh you listen to. Evidently there are at least two talk radio hosts with that name.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Thu 3 Apr, 2008 05:10 pm
Thomas wrote:
[quote="Foxfyre]You haven't ever listened to Limbaugh have you?

Yes I have, but it's clear from your description that it's not the Rush Limbaugh you listen to. Evidently there are at least two talk radio hosts with that name.[/quote]

Nope just the one and only. I don't listen to more than snippets when driving from one appointment to another these days or sometimes catch a segment running in the background in my office. But of what I speak of Rush, I am 100% certain that I am correct. Now Hannity is a different sort and yes, things can get very heated between him and a caller, and Savage can go absolutely ballistic. But Rush? Nope. You guys are accusing him unfairly here.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Thu 3 Apr, 2008 05:13 pm
Obama is not Dalai lama
Nor Rama or osama.

"When it is a question of money,
everbody is of the same RELION"---
Francois Marle Arouet( Voltaire)
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Thu 3 Apr, 2008 05:21 pm
maporsche wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

No it shouldn't be.

Yes it should.

What's next?
0 Replies

Thomas

Thu 3 Apr, 2008 05:26 pm
blatham wrote:
But we need to make the differentiation here (aside from audience reach and consequent influence) regarding Limbaugh's intimate relationship with Norquist and the RNC contrasted with no such similar relationship between Rhodes and counterparts.

Yes. That's what makes Limbaugh an original and Rhodes a copy. I made this differentiation already.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 3 Apr, 2008 05:31 pm
Thomas wrote:
blatham wrote:
But we need to make the differentiation here (aside from audience reach and consequent influence) regarding Limbaugh's intimate relationship with Norquist and the RNC contrasted with no such similar relationship between Rhodes and counterparts.

Yes. That's what makes Limbaugh an original and Rhodes a copy. I made this differentiation already.

Germans. No wonder their cars are so good. Most of them.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Thu 3 Apr, 2008 05:37 pm
I have no cars( My wife has one) and i live in Germany Blatham
Ask TATA( an Indian) who sells cars very cheap
0 Replies

Thomas

Thu 3 Apr, 2008 05:41 pm
blatham wrote:
Thomas wrote:
blatham wrote:

You're throwing the gauntlet? Very well then, let's meet sometime later this year. Midnight. Just you, me, your German car and mine. Nuff said.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Thu 3 Apr, 2008 07:22 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
worse... she's an enlightened Obama supporter... a REAL liberal Laughing

No she isn't. Randi Rhodes is a liberal copy of Rush Limbaugh. The two have exactly the same style of bullying, yelling, and choking off their callers the moment they express independent thoughts, to say nothing of critical ones. If Randi Rhodes is Obama's friend, he doesn't need enemies anymore.

You haven't ever listened to Limbaugh have you? He absolutely gives at least up to twice as much time to people who call in to criticize him or present a leftwing perspective as he does the people who call to praise him or present a rightwing point of view. And I don't recall that Rush has ever raised his voice or disrespected or been rude or dismissive of a single one of those callers.

That is complete bullshit. It is a known fact among radio people that Rush will not even allow opposing callers through unless it is someone they (producers) think he can make fun of.

And he usually does keep his cool, and feigns outrage (he is a fairly good actor and I respect him as an entertainer, he is GOOD) but he has been rude with callers and huffy. I used to be "stuck" listening to him driving Orlando to Miami. Nowadays, I see soundbites on Countdown and the like. Do a youtube search and see him yelling and flailing his arms.

The difference between Rush and Hannity and a lot of the others, he most definitely is talented and entertaining. BOR and Hannity are just blowhards.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 3 Apr, 2008 07:30 pm
Ramafuchs wrote:
I have no cars( My wife has one) and i live in Germany Blatham
Ask TATA( an Indian) who sells cars very cheap

Well, when you decide to get one, you'll probably want first of all to make your purchase in light of the upcoming evil german vs dudley do-right moto-slam.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Thu 3 Apr, 2008 07:31 pm
As far as Randi goes, I knew her in Miami and she developed her own style following Neil Rogers at WQAM (or was it WIOD) Neil got tired of doing "issues" and started doing "schtick" Randi kept doing issues and built an audience with people who wanted to talk about and listen to issues. Then she moved up to Palm Beach and was involved in that whole Florida vote fiasco which she witnessed firsthand and was on the air at 9am election day reporting problems. She got a lot of traction out of that and wound up on Air America. Randi is just Randi and often gets out of control with her passion. Although the end result may be similar, she is almost the exact opposite of Rush in that she is entirely uncalculating for the most part. Doing stand-up comedy is not her forte and I guess she got out of control again. Randi is not too popular with feminists today.
0 Replies