mysteryman

Thu 3 Apr, 2008 10:03 am
Setanta wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
blueflame1 wrote:

We also want to see your tax returns.
If you are demanding that she release hers, you need to release yours.

What makes you assume he has any visible means of support? To me, he always sounds like a college punk, who's callin' in on Daddy's nickel . . .

I agree, but I wouldnt give him credit for the college part.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Thu 3 Apr, 2008 10:33 am
mysteryman, nobody really cares about my tax returns. Happy Doris Day's birthday.
0 Replies

engineer

Thu 3 Apr, 2008 10:56 am
mysteryman wrote:
So are you saying you dont want BPB to vote his conscience, or are you saying you want to tell him how to vote?
Why should he vote for a candidate he doesnt like, no matter who that candidate is?

I'm saying I want us to use our powers of persuasion to convince BPB that a vote against McCain is voting his conscience. A vote for "America" might make you feel good, but is the equivalent of refusing to vote. How about you MM? Can I convince you to vote for Obama or against McCain? You know you really want to, deep down.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Thu 3 Apr, 2008 10:59 am
engineer wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
So are you saying you dont want BPB to vote his conscience, or are you saying you want to tell him how to vote?
Why should he vote for a candidate he doesnt like, no matter who that candidate is?

I'm saying I want us to use our powers of persuasion to convince BPB that a vote against McCain is voting his conscience. A vote for "America" might make you feel good, but is the equivalent of refusing to vote. How about you MM? Can I convince you to vote for Obama or against McCain? You know you really want to, deep down.

You can present your arguments, but you cant "convince" me to do anything.
Since I havent made my mind up yet (except for knowing I wont vote for Hillary), I am open to a good argument either pro or con about a candidate.

Although I do admit that there was one dem I would have voted for immediately, but he didnt run.
That is Evan Bayh (D.-IN)
0 Replies

nimh

Thu 3 Apr, 2008 11:36 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
that doesn't change the fact that while the democrats argue and in fight the republicans get their smear machine fired up for the general.... our election to lose and we're going to do just that....

If a bunch of Dems keeps on bashing Obama for any reason they can find, good or bad, and nonstop, out of bitterness over Hillary's likely defeat, that'll definitely help bringing this about.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Thu 3 Apr, 2008 12:01 pm
nimh wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
that doesn't change the fact that while the democrats argue and in fight the republicans get their smear machine fired up for the general.... our election to lose and we're going to do just that....

If a bunch of Dems keeps on bashing Obama for any reason they can find, good or bad, and nonstop, out of bitterness over Hillary's likely defeat, that'll definitely help bringing this about.

give that **** a f*cking rest... Hillary is bashed just as much and has been non stop for years... now who's behaving like a whiny pussy?
0 Replies

mysteryman

Thu 3 Apr, 2008 12:03 pm
nimh wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

And then of course you and others will find a way to blame the repubs for it, wont you?
0 Replies

High Seas

Thu 3 Apr, 2008 12:16 pm
Leave them to it, MM, never in a million years could we improve on what the Democratic candidates do not only to each other but to themselves -
which reminds me: you heard the one about Mrs Clinton helping to raise the flag on Iwo Jima?!
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Thu 3 Apr, 2008 12:24 pm
High Seas wrote:
Leave them to it, MM, never in a million years could we improve on what the Democratic candidates do not only to each other but to themselves -
which reminds me: you heard the one about Mrs Clinton helping to raise the flag on Iwo Jima?!

I think that was reported in the same story that advised us that she designed the faces on Mount Rushmore.
0 Replies

nimh

Thu 3 Apr, 2008 02:22 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Quote:

give that **** a f*cking rest... Hillary is bashed just as much and has been non stop for years... now who's behaving like a whiny pussy?

Whining? Hardly... Just pointing out the obvious. <shrugs>

Hillary's not going to be the nominee, thats almost sure now. Obama is. So there's your choice. Wanna help tear him down and hand the Republicans the elections, or not? Up to you really, but yeah, one comes with the other.

If you really rather have McCain than Obama, then go ahead, why not. There's plenty of people who prefer McCain over Obama, good people too.

But bashing Obama in every other post and then lamenting that, tssk, all that infighting and arguing of Democrats while "the republicans get their smear machine fired up for the general" is going to lose your side the elections, is eh ... ironic Laughing
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Thu 3 Apr, 2008 02:24 pm
how so? I do not believe there will be a qualified candidate this season. I'm required to vote for the one I dislike least? Because that's what you're saying...and when I point out the obvious you tell me I'm a pussy so whats the diff?
0 Replies

nimh

Thu 3 Apr, 2008 02:29 pm
mysteryman wrote:
nimh wrote:

And then of course you and others will find a way to blame the repubs for it, wont you?

Uh.. the point was that if a bunch of Hillary Dems keeps on bashing Obama for any reason they can find, good or bad, nonstop, then yeah, they'll carry part of the blame if the Dems lose in November.

Mind you, I dont mind if someone quotes this or that Obama said or did and says, look it, thats wrong, because of a), b) and c) - thats criticism, criticism is good. But if someone goes around all the time just saying, basically, "Oh Obama, he sucks" -- then yeah, I mean.. dont come complaining if the Dems end up losing, all I say. <shrugs>
0 Replies

nimh

Thu 3 Apr, 2008 02:42 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
how so? I do not believe there will be a qualified candidate this season. I'm required to vote for the one I dislike least? Because that's what you're saying...

Depends <shrugs>

If you really think it's a waste how the Dems are losing the elections and letting the Republicans in, with all their arguing and infighting, then, well, look in the mirror. Cause that's you too.

If you dont give a f*ck who gets in this year, Republican or Democrat, well then there's nothing to complain about is there?
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Thu 3 Apr, 2008 02:49 pm
All the bickering, infighting, mudslinging, etc. etc. etc. aside--it IS an election year, people!--I heard on the radio this morning that Jane Fonda has endorsed Barack Obama. I can almost see Obama with his face in his hands imagining the next Clinton ad showing Fonda sitting behind that anti-aircraft gun in North Vietnam, probably the very gun that shot down John McCain. . . .

And then there is this from today's New York Post:
Quote:
Also, Obama said yesterday he would ask former Vice President Al Gore to play a key role in his administration with respect to global-warming issues.

Barack better hope for a really hot summer.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Thu 3 Apr, 2008 03:09 pm
nimh wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
how so? I do not believe there will be a qualified candidate this season. I'm required to vote for the one I dislike least? Because that's what you're saying...

Depends <shrugs>

If you really think it's a waste how the Dems are losing the elections and letting the Republicans in, with all their arguing and infighting, then, well, look in the mirror. Cause that's you too.

If you dont give a f*ck who gets in this year, Republican or Democrat, well then there's nothing to complain about is there?

Let's be clear.... I NEVER said Obama sucks.... I said I don't think he's the man for the job... and I don't trust all this messianic hullabaloo surrounding him.... I think he's like any other politician who will do what he needs to do and say what he needs to say to get in office... and then not be able to deliver on all his promises.... I like him better than McCain... but that's like saying I like a root canal better than a spinal fluid extraction.... I don't want either...

It's the attitude of , as I've repeatedly said.... some but not all of his supporters I can't stomach....

I mean seriously, how many times to I have to state my f*cking position? Laughing

And I'm not complaining.... I'm reporting how I see it.... I wonder how many times I need to state that?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Thu 3 Apr, 2008 03:26 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
All the bickering, infighting, mudslinging, etc. etc. etc. aside--it IS an election year, people!--I heard on the radio this morning that Jane Fonda has endorsed Barack Obama. I can almost see Obama with his face in his hands imagining the next Clinton ad showing Fonda sitting behind that anti-aircraft gun in North Vietnam, probably the very gun that shot down John McCain. . . .

And then there is this from today's New York Post:
Quote:
Also, Obama said yesterday he would ask former Vice President Al Gore to play a key role in his administration with respect to global-warming issues.

Barack better hope for a really hot summer.

Shrug. Obama can't stop someone from saying that they support him. I don't think that she's formally endorsed him, just when asked who she supports, said 'Obama.'

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Thu 3 Apr, 2008 03:28 pm
Speaking of Obama supporters, mud slinging et al, it get's curiouser and curiouser:

April 3, 2008, 2:20 pm
Air America Host Suspended for Clinton Remarks
By Brian Stelter

Randi Rhodes, an afternoon host for the progressive Air America radio network, was suspended Thursday after repeatedly insulting Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton at an event last month.

Ms. Rhodes used vulgar language that likened Mrs. Clinton to a prostitute at an event sponsored by KKGN, the Air America affiliate in the San Francisco area, on March 22. A video of Ms. Rhodes' remarks was published to the video-sharing Web site YouTube on Tuesday, prompting condemnations by some bloggers.
WHOLE ARTICLE HERE

The YouTube clip HERE: http://youtube.com/watch?v=DfdhWi5MILo
0 Replies

mysteryman

Thu 3 Apr, 2008 03:33 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Speaking of Obama supporters, mud slinging et al, it get's curiouser and curiouser:

April 3, 2008, 2:20 pm
Air America Host Suspended for Clinton Remarks
By Brian Stelter

Randi Rhodes, an afternoon host for the progressive Air America radio network, was suspended Thursday after repeatedly insulting Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton at an event last month.

Ms. Rhodes used vulgar language that likened Mrs. Clinton to a prostitute at an event sponsored by KKGN, the Air America affiliate in the San Francisco area, on March 22. A video of Ms. Rhodes' remarks was published to the video-sharing Web site YouTube on Tuesday, prompting condemnations by some bloggers.
WHOLE ARTICLE HERE

The YouTube clip HERE: http://youtube.com/watch?v=DfdhWi5MILo

How is this possible?
According to many on the left, only repubs or conservatives ever say things like this?
Is Randi Rhodes actually a conservative?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Thu 3 Apr, 2008 03:35 pm
worse... she's an enlightened Obama supporter... a REAL liberal Laughing
0 Replies

old europe

Thu 3 Apr, 2008 03:36 pm
mysteryman wrote:
According to many on the left

Name three.
0 Replies