Ticomaya

Tue 1 Apr, 2008 10:19 am
Roxxxanne wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
sozobe wrote:
NBC News has allocated the remaining nine Texas caucus delegates, 7-2, in favor of Obama. That means the Illinois senator has won the most delegates, 99-94, as a result of both the Texas primary and caucuses.

I hadn't realized NBC News got to make the allocation.

Anyone with a brain would understand that soz meant "projected" to be allocated.

Anyone with a brain would know I was quoting NBC and not soz.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Tue 1 Apr, 2008 10:20 am
teenyboone wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
He gained another two in Mississippi as well.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x5330945

Cycloptichorn

So why does Texas, operates this way? I'm confused? What will the Democrats gain, from having all of this confusion, over who will represent them? I'm almost praying that Obama gets out of this and let Hillary have this headache! Rolling Eyes

No way!

lol

It's a holdover from the State's rights era; states can choose their own methods of selecting a nominee for President, and they do so.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

teenyboone

Tue 1 Apr, 2008 10:21 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
teenyboone wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
He gained another two in Mississippi as well.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x5330945

Cycloptichorn

So why does Texas, operates this way? I'm confused? What will the Democrats gain, from having all of this confusion, over who will represent them? I'm almost praying that Obama gets out of this and let Hillary have this headache! Rolling Eyes

No way!

lol

It's a holdover from the State's rights era; states can choose their own methods of selecting a nominee for President, and they do so.

Cycloptichorn

Is that like elected delegates and "superdelegates" :wink:
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Tue 1 Apr, 2008 04:35 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
sozobe wrote:
NBC News has allocated the remaining nine Texas caucus delegates, 7-2, in favor of Obama. That means the Illinois senator has won the most delegates, 99-94, as a result of both the Texas primary and caucuses.

Anyone with a brain would understand that soz meant "projected" to be allocated.

"Sozobe wrote quote" means you were quoting sozobe so you are brainless and illiterate.

And, just for the record, sozobe wasn't quoting NBC news.

Try to be more careful in your retarded and feeble flame attempts at flames rather than making yourself look like even more clueless than you are.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Tue 1 Apr, 2008 05:01 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
sozobe wrote:

"Sozobe wrote quote" means you were quoting sozobe so you are brainless and illiterate.

Try to be more careful in your retarded and feeble flame attempts at flames rather than making yourself look like even more clueless than you are.

As silly and dumb as you just looked, you have some chutzpah calling me "brainless." Laughing
0 Replies

Setanta

Tue 1 Apr, 2008 05:03 pm
Why don't you two get a room . . .
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Tue 1 Apr, 2008 05:06 pm
That's not funny, even today.
0 Replies

okie

Tue 1 Apr, 2008 07:06 pm
A quote of Obama:

"But it should also include -- it should also include other, you know, information about contraception because, look, I've got two daughters. 9 years old and 6 years old. I am going to teach them first of all about values and morals. But if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby."

http://www.cbn.com/CBNnews/348569.aspx

Thats news to alot of people that babies were punishment! Maybe he should tell his daughters that babies may happen when they mate with the opposite sex, and that doing so brings responsibility, not punishment.

I know what the guy was aiming to say, but in my opinion, he missed the target big time, and more or less betrays his mindset.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Tue 1 Apr, 2008 07:11 pm
Quote:
I know what the guy was aiming to say, but in my opinion, he missed the target big time, and more or less betrays his mindset.

fascinating.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Tue 1 Apr, 2008 07:49 pm
Setanta wrote:
Why don't you two get a room . . .

Because he couldn't afford me.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Tue 1 Apr, 2008 07:54 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
sozobe wrote:

As silly and dumb as you just looked, you have some chutzpah calling me "brainless." Laughing

I guess you define silly and dumb as someone who points out your errors.

You quoted sozobe.

And sozobe was not quoting NBC news.

So you are wrong on both counts, yet you say I am stupid. Wow!
0 Replies

okie

Tue 1 Apr, 2008 09:01 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Quote:

fascinating.

It is fascinating, but we can learn something about ourselves by thinking about what is being said here.

The mindset is what alot of our culture says and in regard to human nature common to all of us, that sex can be for the sole purpose of recreation, without any responsibility attached to it. The message is, let us have fun but do not "punish" us with the responsibility that goes with it. We are bombarded with this daily by the media and advertising. I think that is the wrong message, and we should never view a child as punishment, that is ridiculous, dys.
0 Replies

eoe

Tue 1 Apr, 2008 09:24 pm
For a knuckleheaded high schooler, getting pregnant just might feel like punishment. Hell on earth for a long time. Maybe forever.

Life is often not what it "should" be. But it is what it is.
0 Replies

real life

Tue 1 Apr, 2008 10:42 pm
okie wrote:
A quote of Obama:

"But it should also include -- it should also include other, you know, information about contraception because, look, I've got two daughters. 9 years old and 6 years old. I am going to teach them first of all about values and morals. But if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby."

http://www.cbn.com/CBNnews/348569.aspx

Thats news to alot of people that babies were punishment! Maybe he should tell his daughters that babies may happen when they mate with the opposite sex, and that doing so brings responsibility, not punishment.

I think Obama said what he meant.

When talking to a liberal, discussions of unwed pregnancy almost never include the notion of adoption.

It's as if either abortion or single motherhood and poverty were the only two possible outcomes.

Obama is a skilled orator, and meticulously prepares for his appearances.

Or did he kinda catch the 'blurt bug' on his last visit to Jeremiah Wright, and so now he somehow can be said to accidentally blurt out things that he really doesn't mean?

Please.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Tue 1 Apr, 2008 11:08 pm
Misogyny Used Against Men (Obama)See Video
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Wed 2 Apr, 2008 12:11 am
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601070&sid=ag9nXSjQZIlA&refer=home#

Quote:
Obama Wins Backing of 9/11 Commission Co-Chairman Lee Hamilton

By Julianna Goldman

April 1 (Bloomberg) -- Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama has won the endorsement of one of his party's top foreign policy figures, Lee Hamilton, who hails from Indiana, home to one of the next crucial primary votes.

Hamilton, a former U.S. House member who co-chaired the commission that investigated the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks and headed the House Committee on Foreign Affairs, said he was impressed by Obama's approach to national security and foreign policy.

``I read his national security and foreign policy speeches, and he comes across to me as pragmatic, visionary and tough,'' Hamilton said in an interview. ``He impresses me as a person who wants to use all the tools of presidential power.''

Hamilton also sided with Obama on two foreign policy stances that have been criticized by Senator Hillary Clinton of New York, Obama's rival for the Democratic nomination, and Senator John McCain of Arizona, the presumptive Republican nominee. Both have dismissed the Illinois senator, saying he doesn't have enough experience to deal with critical foreign policy matters.

``He wavers from seeming to believe that mediation and meetings without preconditions can solve some of the world's most intractable problems, to advocating rash, unilateral military action without cooperation from our allies in the most sensitive region of the world,'' Clinton said Feb. 25 in Washington.

Hamilton said he agreed with Obama's position on meeting with U.S. adversaries such as the leaders of Iran without conditions. Also, Obama's consideration of unilateral military action against terrorist hideouts in Pakistan, is already U.S. policy, Hamilton said.

Indiana Primary

The endorsement from Hamilton, who was on the short-list of former president Bill Clinton's 1992 vice presidential picks, may give a boost to Obama in Indiana, where polls show a tight race ahead of the May 6 primary.

Hamilton, who was also a co-chair of President George W. Bush's Iraq Study Group, served for 35 years in Congress, retiring in 1999. He is the president and director of the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars and serves on Bush's Foreign Intelligence Advisory Board and his Homeland Security Advisory Council.
0 Replies

McTag

Wed 2 Apr, 2008 12:59 am
http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/mark-steel/mark-steel-you-couldnt-make-it-up-unless-youre-hillary-that-is-803503.html

Satire from The Independent, newspaper, UK
0 Replies

revel

Wed 2 Apr, 2008 07:16 am
Good news about Hamilton.
0 Replies

sozobe

Wed 2 Apr, 2008 07:27 am
Indeed!

Just saw this at "First Read":

Quote:
There might not be a better foreign policy get for Obama inside the Democratic Party than Lee Hamilton, who was the top Dem on both the 9/11 commission and the Iraq Study Group. He's not a superdelegate, but he is fairly well known in Indiana, particularly in the area of the state where Obama is not expected to do well. "Hamilton, once mentioned as a possible running mate for Bill Clinton, told the AP he believed Obama was the candidate most likely to unite the country."

(Emphasis mine.)
0 Replies

sozobe

Wed 2 Apr, 2008 07:31 am
Mark Steel, in the article McTag linked to, wrote:
Presumably she thought the sniper fire story would impress the audience of soldiers. So her campaign team should book her in to speak to other professions to see what she comes out with. If she addresses lumberjacks she'll start, "Hey, that's a tough job you folks do. And I should know because I once spent two days dangling from a cedar tree. Then my chainsaw slipped and sawed me down the middle, but luckily my right half put my left half in a nearby freezer that kept it fresh until the doctor arrived to sew me back together. But hey, let's turn to the economy."

Heh... thanks McTag.
0 Replies