mysteryman

Sun 30 Mar, 2008 07:31 pm
Quote:
What an absurdly feeble attempt (even for YOU!) at a strawman argument. I don't remember anyone saying that the popular vote should have counted in 2000 and 2004. (I don't even understand WTF you are saying vis a vis 2004 as Bush won the popular vote.)

So you are saying that nobody wanted the popular vote to count in 2000 and 2004?

In 2004 you are correct, Bush won the popular vote by 3,000,000.
But in 2000 Gore won the popular vote, by approx 500,000 votes.
Yet there were many dems, mainly on the old abuzz, that were saying that the popular vote should count, because that was the fair thing.

Of course, there have been lots of people (D and R) who would like to ditch the electoral college but that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with Hillary's attempt to change the rules in the middle of the game.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Sun 30 Mar, 2008 07:35 pm
teenyboone wrote:
blueflame1 wrote:
teeny, the word racist seems to be loosely tossed around. But clearly the use of the name nappyheadedhohoho is a racist taunt.

Blue:
Ignoring the moniker in question, for obvious reasons, I used a lot of figures of speech in this forum, to be called the obvious. Some people who don;t think, jump to conclusions, because they don't think or don't think fast on thier feet! I used the oldest psychology trick in the book and they fell, hook, line and sinker, then commenced to call me everything, but a nhhhh! Get it?

I said I was Black, but does anybody really know? I could be Barack Obama, for all anyone knows, but you, CI and MM know me from Abuzz. They ought to be glad Dr. Magginkat, isn't here. It worked! Repuglicans, can't keep a decent forum/thread going amongst themselves, because they're so dull, get a rise out the damage they do to others and don't really know that they're sealing their fate, every time one of these repugs get elected.

It doesnt matter who you are or what your race is, when you say racist things, you ARE a racist.

As for Magginkat, every time she shows up she gets run off.
She wont allow anyone that disagrees with her on her forum, she has said that a bullet "wasnt good enough" for a state rep she disagreed with (she got investigated by the Secret Service for that one), and she is a complete and total ass.
Her not being here is meaningless to the fact that you are a racist.

The only time repugs call on them for anything is to help them get elected, then they party with their elitist friends, buy women like Vitter does because no self-respecting woman, would take a 2nd look at their sneering faces. See Cheney! :wink:
0 Replies

real life

Sun 30 Mar, 2008 08:45 pm
fishin wrote:
revel wrote:

You know this is not true; most democracts were in favor of the last gulf war with the first bush;

If the votes of members of Congress are any indicator I'd have doubts about that claim.

When Gulf War I (1991) was building 45 out of 55 (82%) Democratic senators and 179 of 265 (66%) Democratic House members voted to oppose that war.

Compare that to the 21 of 49 (43%) Democratic Senators and 126 of 207 (61%) Democratic House members voted against the use of force in Iraq.

It would appear that more Democrats were against Gulf War I (1991) then were against the use of Force in Iraq (2002).

Public opinion polls from early January 1991 (just prior U.S. action) showed general public support for Gulf War I to be between 44 and 49% so I can't see how "most Democrats" could have considered to have been in favor of that war prior to it starting.

The Dems can be counted on to reliably oppose a Republican President just because.

The partisanship of the Dems where foreign policy is concerned is shameful, and has been going on for a long time.
0 Replies

snood

Sun 30 Mar, 2008 08:47 pm
poppycock. How has the partisanship on the right in matters of foreign policy been less egregious?
0 Replies

blueflame1

Mon 31 Mar, 2008 06:05 am
New Backing for Obama
As Party Seeks Unity
By JACKIE CALMES
March 31, 2008; Page A1

WASHINGTON -- Slowly but steadily, a string of Democratic Party figures is taking Barack Obama's side in the presidential nominating race and raising the pressure on Hillary Clinton to give up.

Sen. Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota is expected to endorse Sen. Obama Monday, according to a Democrat familiar with her plans. Meanwhile, North Carolina's seven Democratic House members are poised to endorse Sen. Obama as a group -- just one has so far -- before that state's May 6 primary, several Democrats say.
link "What makes such endorsements significant is that they're from superdelegates."
0 Replies

teenyboone

Mon 31 Mar, 2008 06:41 am
Foxfyre wrote:
Sheila Jackson Lee booed at Democratic convention
March 29th, 2008Raw video of Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee's speech at a local Democratic senatorial district convention in Houston Saturday in which she was booed by the crowd, many of whom are in her district. Her speech was interrupted a couple of times as the crowd voiced its displeasure with her backing Hillary Clinton over Barack Obama.
http://www.khou.com/video/news-index.html?nvid=231349

Listening to the clip of Jackson's speech, she was expressing exactly the kind of sentiments about America that several Obama supporters were aching to hear from him. And still haven't.

I saw this and I saw the look on her face. I think she was surprised, as though water was thrown in her face. John Lewis saw the writing on the wall, when his constituents, overwhelmingly voted for Obama, in the Georgia Primary and he knows, that his constituents would vote him out of the house. Ms. Jackson-Lee has the right, just as John Lewis has the right to endorse whomever they wish, but it appears to be "political" suicide to endorse someone else, when your constituents have spoken. This morning on MSNBC, the question, all weekend long, was, should Hillary withdraw/concede and all I can say is, if Obama says she should run as long as she wants to, who am I?

Jackson-Lee looked embarrassed, to say the least at being booed. I was sorry to see this, as well. She has of late, been coming off as disingenuous to some Blacks. I live in a Blue State, that voted in favor of Clinton, so I will see what the Super delegates have to say. I hate politics!
Cool
0 Replies

revel

Mon 31 Mar, 2008 07:02 am
Actually when I first made that remark I was not really talking about congress and how democrats or republicans voted in the Persian Gulf war, but mostly democrats in the public who were mostly for that war as well as democrats in the public who were also for the Afghanistan war but were not for the war in Iraq under the heading "operation dessert freedom"; once again differing from democrats in congress who seem to take awhile to catch up to democrats at large so to speak.

Quote:

The Gulf War or Persian Gulf War
Polls showed that upwards of 80% of the American public supported the troop deployment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_War

Not this has anything to do with Obama and his compaign.
0 Replies

Miller

Mon 31 Mar, 2008 07:16 am
blueflame1 wrote:
New Backing for Obama
As Party Seeks Unity
By JACKIE CALMES
March 31, 2008; Page A1

WASHINGTON -- Slowly but steadily, a string of Democratic Party figures is taking Barack Obama's side in the presidential nominating race and raising the pressure on Hillary Clinton to give up.

Sen. Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota is expected to endorse Sen. Obama Monday, according to a Democrat familiar with her plans. Meanwhile, North Carolina's seven Democratic House members are poised to endorse Sen. Obama as a group -- just one has so far -- before that state's May 6 primary, several Democrats say.
link "What makes such endorsements significant is that they're from superdelegates."

UNITY?? What a joke.

If Obama beats Hillary, most if not all of the women supporting her will run over to the McCain side.

War heroes, especially the cuties always get the female vote.

Obama is neither a war hero nor a cutie...
0 Replies

Miller

Mon 31 Mar, 2008 07:22 am
teenyboone wrote:
They ought to be glad Dr. Magginkat, isn't here.

But my friend, MagginKat is an active member of A2K and I agree with her comments, that Obama is an empty suit.

Good for you, MagginKat.
:wink:
0 Replies

revel

Mon 31 Mar, 2008 07:24 am
I do not see how you can accuse anyone of having no substance, miller.

In any event; we will have see in the end how this plays out. If Hillary loses; I seriously doubt she is going to be advocating her supporters to vote for McCain and that would go a long way towards persuading people to focus on the main objectives of wanting to change the current policies of which McCain would only continue. The same is true of Obama; in fact both have already indicated as much a few days ago. But I guess we will see in the end.
0 Replies

Miller

Mon 31 Mar, 2008 07:25 am
revel wrote:
I do not see how you can accuse anyone of having no substance, miller.

In any event; we will have see in the end how this plays out. If Hillary loses; I seriously doubt she is going to be advocating her supporters to vote for McCain and that would go a long way towards persuading people to focus on the main objectives of wanting to change the current policies of which McCain would only continue. The same is true of Obama; in fact both have already indicated as much a few days ago. But I guess we will see in the end.

They will vote for McCain because a vote for Mac will be a vote against Obama.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Mon 31 Mar, 2008 07:25 am
Miller, wishful thinking wont elect McCain. America overwhelmingly wants someone completely different than Bushie. McCain has bound himself to one Bushie disaster after another. Hillary too is tied to Bushie's war in Iraq. Assassination is all that can prevent Obama from being President.
0 Replies

Miller

Mon 31 Mar, 2008 07:26 am
In a time of war, would you really want a weak-siss like Obama as President in place of war hero McCain.

The Scotch-Irish like MAC don't back down for anyone!
Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Mon 31 Mar, 2008 07:28 am
Miller wrote:
blueflame1 wrote:
New Backing for Obama
As Party Seeks Unity
By JACKIE CALMES
March 31, 2008; Page A1

UNITY?? What a joke.

If Obama beats Hillary, most if not all of the women supporting her will run over to the McCain side.

War heros, especially the cuties always get the female vote.

Obama is neither a war hero or a cutie...

Well it's pretty hard for me to describe McCain as a 'cutie' even though he will most likely get my vote if things stay essentially as they are between now and November.

And I think you're wrong. Obama is a cutie. He is a nice looking man with a pleasant voice both speaking and conversational--Hillary's speaking voice is a negative for her though her regular conversational voice is pleasant--and Obama does generate mostly positive responses when he speaks even when he is just working the crowd and isn't saying anything. The emotional response to him is mostly positive.

And he does know how to use that characteristic to work a crowd. Personally I think it is that plus the fact that he is a 'cutie' that will likely win him the Democratic nomination and possibly the presidency. Allowing for exceptions of course, I think many people vote more on how a candidate makes them feel rather than on anything of real substance.

Hillary simply doesn't have the same kind of charisma. Nor does McCain. (McCain doesn't have a speaking voice. He sounds the same when he's talking extemporaneously in an interview or addressing a major crowd. Both he and Hillary are better at extemporaneous speech than is Obama though--he is far more comfortable with a script.)
0 Replies

blueflame1

Mon 31 Mar, 2008 07:32 am
Miller, hahaha. Soundbites wont work. Fearmongering either. On Iraq McCain, Hillary and Bushie showed America how to lose another unnecassary war. Of all the candidates only Obama showed good judgement. In winning he'll get a bunch of the Scotch-Irish too.
0 Replies

teenyboone

Mon 31 Mar, 2008 07:33 am
Miller wrote:
blueflame1 wrote:
New Backing for Obama
As Party Seeks Unity
By JACKIE CALMES
March 31, 2008; Page A1

UNITY?? What a joke.

War heroes, especially the cuties always get the female vote.

Obama is neither a war hero nor a cutie...

You must be a man! Don't know what your sense of beauty is, though.
McCain, is touted as a war hero, POW, etc., but lately, other news of who he is, really, has been coming out. He is twice married, as was Reagan, but news of an affair surfaced and as usual, he trotted his wife out, while he mumbled something, incoherently. He's an old, dried up looking man, that should be in a rocking chair, can't remember sunnis from shia's, or where the hell he is, from time to time and needs. Mr. Independent, Lieberman to feed him his lines.

As far as the POW, which is true, he crashed 4 planes, leading to his capture and don't know if it's true, sold out other POW's for better treatment. Don't quote me, just reading what's on the net.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTe7cuyx6J4

The rumored affair:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2008/02/21/2008-02-21_john_mccain_affair_rumor_swirls.html

Is this who you want to answer the phone, at 3:00 AM?

Cool
0 Replies

teenyboone

Mon 31 Mar, 2008 07:47 am
I don't know if these videos are truthful or not. The media hasn't really talked about this. In fairness to McCain, he would have to answer, so watch and listen closely:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFM1xqqTX_g&feature=related

Very damaging, indeed! :wink:
0 Replies

mysteryman

Mon 31 Mar, 2008 07:47 am
Quote:
As far as the POW, which is true, he crashed 4 planes, leading to his capture and don't know if it's true, sold out other POW's for better treatment. Don't quote me, just reading what's on the net.

And of course, since its on the net, it must be true.

Why dont you read what the men that were in the Hanoi Hilton with him have said.

Read a book titled "POW, AN American experience in Vietnam".
Read what Lt Everett Alvarez (the first American piolt captured by the NVA) said about McCains actions.

Those that claim that he sold out have absolutely no idea what he and the other prisoners went thru, so to claim he "sold out" is a cheap attack on a man that survived what would have killed most of us.
0 Replies

teenyboone

Mon 31 Mar, 2008 07:51 am
Miller wrote:
teenyboone wrote:
They ought to be glad Dr. Magginkat, isn't here.

But my friend, MagginKat is an active member of A2K and I agree with her comments, that Obama is an empty suit.

Good for you, MagginKat.
:wink:

Correct! I haven't seen her here, though! :wink:
0 Replies

revel

Mon 31 Mar, 2008 07:57 am
According to Gallop Poll 28% of Hillary supporters say they would vote for McCain if Hillary does not win and 19% of Obama supporters say the same.

If McCain vs. Obama, 28% of Clinton Backers Go for McCain

http://media.gallup.com/poll/graphs/20080326democrats1.gif

However this was before both Obama and Hillary spoke out about this.

Quote:
Senators Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama told Democrats to take a deep breath yesterday and stop worry. The two rivals for the Democratic presidential nomination told their supporters that "they may bicker daily over issues, character and innuendo" but they both believe that "Democratic voters will coalesce around a nominee and carry him or her to victory in November over Republican John McCain."

The Associated Press reports that both candidates addressed the issue after a series of polls showed that the intensity of their struggle was affecting their supporters. Many told pollsters that they would rather vote for McCain than for the other Democrat.

"Please think through this decision. It is not a wise decision," Clinton said to applause from a crowd in Fayetteville, North Carolina. "Every time we have a vigorous contest like we're having this primary election, people get intense. Senator Obama has intense support. I have intense support. It's exciting because people want to be involved. But, the differences ... pale in comparison to the differences between us and Senator McCain."

Clinton pledged to be a "team player," regardless of who won the nomination, saying she would help to make sure the party was united

Meanwhile, Obama was making a similar point during an interview on ABC's "World News."

"There are going to be some bruised feelings, whoever the nominee is. We are going to have to come together and remind ourselves that there is a heck of a lot bigger difference between either Senator Clinton or myself, and John McCain," Obama said. "I think short term, there is going to be work to do for the nominee to bring the party back together again. People feel pretty passionate about their respective candidates. I appreciate that, and I understand it."

source
0 Replies