cicerone imposter

Sun 30 Mar, 2008 10:56 am
nappyheadedhohoho wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:
nappyheadedhohoho wrote:
blueflame1 wrote:
ho, there's nothing anti-American about Obama's church. Except to a bigot with a purely political agenda. Your use of nappyheadedhohoho says everything about you. You love being a racist obviously.

flame, I'm just repeating what the Democrats on Taylor Marsh's website are saying about Obama's church (I chose the mildest criticism).

My nappy head is God given. As far as being a racist, I think just about anyone here who has voiced objections to Obama's pastor or his church has been labeled a racist. Big deal.

I left the Democratic party a long time ago, but the show that's being put on by them is fun to watch.

It's not about what Taylor said; it's about you who would continue to beat a dead horse that has no effect on the outcome of this election. It has to do with what Wright said, and not about Obama; the obvious issue, but all is being taken out of "context" if you understand the meaning of the word. Only racists would continue to repeat them.

Then you need to address your concerns to Ms. Marsh. And to those who would vote for a liar, looks like you may get your chance. The following link found at Democrat Taylor Marsh's website:

Obama Laundry List of Lies

nappyhead, If Obama is a liar, make that the issue with other sources to prove that the list of lies are not created by Ms Marsh. You need to list when Obama spoke them, and the sources that proves those are lies.

Do you understand anything about credibility and logic? You can't just make up a (creative) list without reliable documentation/resources. We need dates and sources. Comprende?
0 Replies

nappyheadedhohoho

Sun 30 Mar, 2008 10:59 am
WaPo Wonders Why the Deception, Obama?

Washington Post
3/30/08

Addressing civil rights activists in Selma, Ala., a year ago, Sen. Barack Obama traced his "very existence" to the generosity of the Kennedy family, which he said paid for his Kenyan father to travel to America on a student scholarship and thus meet his Kansan mother.

The Camelot connection has become part of the mythology surrounding Obama's bid for the Democratic presidential nomination. After Caroline Kennedy endorsed his candidacy in January, Newsweek commentator Jonathan Alter reported that she had been struck by the extraordinary way in which "history replays itself" and by how "two generations of two families -- separated by distance, culture and wealth -- can intersect in strange and wonderful ways."

It is a touching story -- but the key details are either untrue or grossly oversimplified.

Contrary to Obama's claims in speeches in January at American University and in Selma last year, the Kennedy family did not provide the funding for a September 1959 airlift of 81 Kenyan students to the United States that included Obama's father. According to historical records and interviews with participants, the Kennedys were first approached for support for the program nearly a year later, in July 1960. The family responded with a $100,000 donation, most of which went to pay for a second airlift in September 1960.
0 Replies

teenyboone

Sun 30 Mar, 2008 11:02 am
nappyheadedhohoho wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:
nappyheadedhohoho wrote:
blueflame1 wrote:
ho, there's nothing anti-American about Obama's church. Except to a bigot with a purely political agenda. Your use of nappyheadedhohoho says everything about you. You love being a racist obviously.

flame, I'm just repeating what the Democrats on Taylor Marsh's website are saying about Obama's church (I chose the mildest criticism).

My nappy head is God given. As far as being a racist, I think just about anyone here who has voiced objections to Obama's pastor or his church has been labeled a racist. Big deal.

I left the Democratic party a long time ago, but the show that's being put on by them is fun to watch.

It's not about what Taylor said; it's about you who would continue to beat a dead horse that has no effect on the outcome of this election. It has to do with what Wright said, and not about Obama; the obvious issue, but all is being taken out of "context" if you understand the meaning of the word. Only racists would continue to repeat them.

Then you need to address your concerns to Ms. Marsh. And to those who would vote for a liar, looks like you may get your chance. The following link found at Democrat Taylor Marsh's website:

Obama Laundry List of Lies

And this:

Taylor Marsh's site has pretty much become an anti-Obama site. She's the 'net's #1 Obama assassin. It's astonishing watching her sell her soul to the Clintons. But it's even more astonishing how absolutely unhinged she's become. She's become a zealot.
0 Replies

nappyheadedhohoho

Sun 30 Mar, 2008 11:07 am
Not to worry, teenyboone, Taylor Marsh isn't above voting for a liar, either. Some of her commenters on the other hand.... Laughing
0 Replies

teenyboone

Sun 30 Mar, 2008 11:18 am
nappyheadedhohoho wrote:
Not to worry, teenyboone, Taylor Marsh isn't above voting for a liar, either. Some of her commenters on the other hand.... Laughing

Not my words! They were cut and pasted from another blog, commenting on Ms. Marsh, who honestly, I've never heard of until today. Cool
0 Replies

revel

Sun 30 Mar, 2008 11:26 am
fishin wrote:
revel wrote:

You know this is not true; most democracts were in favor of the last gulf war with the first bush;

If the votes of members of Congress are any indicator I'd have doubts about that claim.

When Gulf War I (1991) was building 45 out of 55 (82%) Democratic senators and 179 of 265 (66%) Democratic House members voted to oppose that war.

Compare that to the 21 of 49 (43%) Democratic Senators and 126 of 207 (61%) Democratic House members voted against the use of force in Iraq.

It would appear that more Democrats were against Gulf War I (1991) then were against the use of Force in Iraq (2002).

Public opinion polls from early January 1991 (just prior U.S. action) showed general public support for Gulf War I to be between 44 and 49% so I can't see how "most Democrats" could have considered to have been in favor of that war prior to it starting.

I stand corrected I was going by my own memory and I just didn't recall too much objection of the first gulf war with people I knew both democrats and republicans.
0 Replies

teenyboone

Sun 30 Mar, 2008 11:26 am
From Dan's in the Hampton's. Why the rich get richer, but stay out of jail!

http://www.danshamptons.com/content/danspapers/issue01_2008/03.html Cool
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Sun 30 Mar, 2008 11:28 am
nappyheadedhohoho wrote:

The Camelot connection has become part of the mythology surrounding Obama's bid for the Democratic presidential nomination.

Of course, it is part of the typical mythology that families pass down that isn't 100% literally true. All this stuff happened before Obama was born or too young to understand the LITERAL truth.

And this is the best they got?
0 Replies

revel

Sun 30 Mar, 2008 11:31 am
Teenyboone; as just a friendly suggestion; there is another thread to discuss racial issues and such matters leaving this thread for the purpose it was intended.

Quote:
Didn't want to derail nimh's thread about Republicans. This can become the equivalent about Democrats, but my initial question is: Would Obama work, after all?

From Sozobe first post in this thread.
0 Replies

teenyboone

Sun 30 Mar, 2008 11:38 am
revel wrote:
Teenyboone; as just a friendly suggestion; there is another thread to discuss racial issues and such matters leaving this thread for the purpose it was intended.

Quote:
Didn't want to derail nimh's thread about Republicans. This can become the equivalent about Democrats, but my initial question is: Would Obama work, after all?

From Sozobe first post in this thread.

Question For the record, I didn't bring it up. You're correct, though, so address it, where it belongs! Cool
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Sun 30 Mar, 2008 11:47 am
Sheila Jackson Lee booed at Democratic convention
March 29th, 2008Raw video of Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee's speech at a local Democratic senatorial district convention in Houston Saturday in which she was booed by the crowd, many of whom are in her district. Her speech was interrupted a couple of times as the crowd voiced its displeasure with her backing Hillary Clinton over Barack Obama.
http://www.khou.com/video/news-index.html?nvid=231349

Listening to the clip of Jackson's speech, she was expressing exactly the kind of sentiments about America that several Obama supporters were aching to hear from him. And still haven't.
0 Replies

teenyboone

Sun 30 Mar, 2008 12:12 pm
Oh well!

http://www.salon.com/comics/opus/2008/03/30/opus/index.html?source=newsletter
0 Replies

revel

Sun 30 Mar, 2008 02:20 pm
Quote:
Listening to the clip of Jackson's speech, she was expressing exactly the kind of sentiments about America that several Obama supporters were aching to hear from him. And still haven't.

Who are those Obama supporters who have been aching to hear those sentiments who haven't? Links? Remember we are talking about Obama supporters; not Hillary supporters, undeciders, or McCain supporters or rabid right wingers or others who are holding their noses McCain supporters.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Sun 30 Mar, 2008 03:01 pm
revel wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
Butrflynet wrote:
What is the typical dem policy?

Attacking any repub policy, without bothering to see if its a good policy or not.

You know this is not true; most democracts were in favor of the last gulf war with the first bush; they were in favor of the war in Afghanistan. It was only the Iraq war that some democrats were not in favor with all along and we were right in everything we said and you guys were wrong in everything you said.

I am just not sure exactly what Ronald Reagan did to merit anything positive; maybe saying the words, "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall." But perhaps Obama meant Ronald Reagan was less of a knee jerk reactionay president than the one we have now and that is what we need to return to.

He probably admires Reagan's era for the efforts made for Reagan and Gorby to get to know each other on a personal level and the benefits derived from that during negotiations in Iceland.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Sun 30 Mar, 2008 03:15 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
teenyboone wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:
Quote:
Obama win appears big in Texas delegate battle
By Anna M. Tinsley, Aman Batheja and Sarah Bahari | Fort Worth Star-Telegam

Barrack Obama appeared to have scored a clear victory over Hillary Clinton on Saturday in the second step of Texas' multi-tiered process for selecting its delegates to the Democratic National Convention. With results available from about half of the district conventions held statewide, the Associated Press reported that Obama had won 59 percent of the delegates headed to the state party's June convention to Clinton's 41 percent. That translates into 1,858 delegates for Obama and 1,270 for Clinton.

That result made it likely that when the delegate selection process is finally completed, Obama will have more Texas delegates to the national convention than Clinton, despite Clinton's having won the March 4 primary vote 51 to 47 percent. Under Texas' delegate selection process, 67 of its 206 delegates are selected by the June state party convention.

Roxanne,
Hillary Clinton claims, she won, so is this a final count? I haven't heard anything on this in the news, yet. Rolling Eyes

The caucus vote isn't final but evryone is calling the caucus for Obama. Of course, Hillary's latest deception is that it's the popular vote that should count. Perhaps, when all else fails, Hillary will say that the winner should be whoever wins the states with the most letters!

So now the popular vote shouldnt count????
I distinctly remember that during the 2000 AND the 2004 presidential elections you and other dems were crying that the popular vote SHOULD count, instead of the electoral vote.
Now, when Hillary wins the popular vote, you say it doesnt matter.

So which is it, should the popular vote count or not?
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Sun 30 Mar, 2008 03:18 pm
Burnt Orange Report - Results from County Conventions in Texas

TIMESTAMP - 3:18PM, 3/30/08

86.51% reporting

Clinton 44.09%
Obama 55.91%

burntorangereport.com
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Sun 30 Mar, 2008 03:19 pm
Compare not
2000 AND the 2004 presidential elections
We are observing the effects of the new era.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Sun 30 Mar, 2008 03:54 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:
teenyboone wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:
Quote:
Obama win appears big in Texas delegate battle
By Anna M. Tinsley, Aman Batheja and Sarah Bahari | Fort Worth Star-Telegam

Barrack Obama appeared to have scored a clear victory over Hillary Clinton on Saturday in the second step of Texas' multi-tiered process for selecting its delegates to the Democratic National Convention. With results available from about half of the district conventions held statewide, the Associated Press reported that Obama had won 59 percent of the delegates headed to the state party's June convention to Clinton's 41 percent. That translates into 1,858 delegates for Obama and 1,270 for Clinton.

That result made it likely that when the delegate selection process is finally completed, Obama will have more Texas delegates to the national convention than Clinton, despite Clinton's having won the March 4 primary vote 51 to 47 percent. Under Texas' delegate selection process, 67 of its 206 delegates are selected by the June state party convention.

Roxanne,
Hillary Clinton claims, she won, so is this a final count? I haven't heard anything on this in the news, yet. Rolling Eyes

The caucus vote isn't final but evryone is calling the caucus for Obama. Of course, Hillary's latest deception is that it's the popular vote that should count. Perhaps, when all else fails, Hillary will say that the winner should be whoever wins the states with the most letters!

So now the popular vote shouldnt count????
I distinctly remember that during the 2000 AND the 2004 presidential elections you and other dems were crying that the popular vote SHOULD count, instead of the electoral vote.
Now, when Hillary wins the popular vote, you say it doesnt matter.

So which is it, should the popular vote count or not?

What an absurdly feeble attempt (even for YOU!) at a strawman argument. I don't remember anyone saying that the popular vote should have counted in 2000 and 2004. (I don't even understand WTF you are saying vis a vis 2004 as Bush won the popular vote.)

Of course, there have been lots of people (D and R) who would like to ditch the electoral college but that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with Hillary's attempt to change the rules in the middle of the game.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Sun 30 Mar, 2008 04:00 pm
Hillary Can't Pay Her Bills
0 Replies

teenyboone

Sun 30 Mar, 2008 04:28 pm
blueflame1 wrote:
teeny, the word racist seems to be loosely tossed around. But clearly the use of the name nappyheadedhohoho is a racist taunt.

Blue:
Ignoring the moniker in question, for obvious reasons, I used a lot of figures of speech in this forum, to be called the obvious. Some people who don;t think, jump to conclusions, because they don't think or don't think fast on thier feet! I used the oldest psychology trick in the book and they fell, hook, line and sinker, then commenced to call me everything, but a nhhhh! Get it?

I said I was Black, but does anybody really know? I could be Barack Obama, for all anyone knows, but you, CI and MM know me from Abuzz. They ought to be glad Dr. Magginkat, isn't here. It worked! Repuglicans, can't keep a decent forum/thread going amongst themselves, because they're so dull, get a rise out the damage they do to others and don't really know that they're sealing their fate, every time one of these repugs get elected.

The only time repugs call on them for anything is to help them get elected, then they party with their elitist friends, buy women like Vitter does because no self-respecting woman, would take a 2nd look at their sneering faces. See Cheney! :wink:
0 Replies