cicerone imposter

Fri 28 Mar, 2008 09:29 pm
snood, Good post. Hit em in the stomach while they're groveling on other "horrific" ministers (their biased, I'm holier than thou, evaluation). But, you know what? They still won't catch on. The world hypocrite comes to mind.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Fri 28 Mar, 2008 09:33 pm
Maher just said the white media's demonization of Rev Wright is the worst form of racism. Tavis Smiley mentioned MLK's Why I Oppose Vietnam War Speech that (if you are familiar with it) sounds strikingly similar to the "worst" of Wright.

Anyway, back to the show...
0 Replies

maporsche

Fri 28 Mar, 2008 09:34 pm
What about those people who agree that the white Christian crazy's are just as bad as the black Christian crazy's.

Just because some people are hypocritical does not mean that Wright is not a bigot.
0 Replies

snood

Fri 28 Mar, 2008 09:47 pm
But the thing is, even if everyone stipulates Wright may be a bigot and everything else you all claim, you won't STFU about it no matter how beaten to death it is, because its your best bet to thwarting Obama. Lets just be real.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Fri 28 Mar, 2008 10:31 pm
They try and try to beat a dead horse; polls already show the "Wright issue" has not affected voters.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Fri 28 Mar, 2008 10:33 pm
Obama gets boost; Clinton urged to quit
By DEVLIN BARRETT, Associated Press Writer
1 hour, 25 minutes ago

PITTSBURGH - Barack Obama got a surprise boost in the last big state of the long Democratic campaign Friday with an endorsement from Pennsylvania Sen. Bob Casey Jr., while another Obama supporter sought to nudge Hillary Rodham Clinton out of the race.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Fri 28 Mar, 2008 10:39 pm
Krugman, Obama
0 Replies

okie

Fri 28 Mar, 2008 10:54 pm
snood, your point is a pretty good one, but the parallel is not at all correct. Abuse of children for example was not and is not part of the official belief system or basic doctrine of the Catholic Church. Simply look at the Jeremiah Wright church's own website and you will see what the church is based on, the basic doctrine and what the church teaches, which is political and laced with bigotry as part of the Black Liberation Theology.
0 Replies

nappyheadedhohoho

Fri 28 Mar, 2008 11:56 pm
Confirmed: Obama didn't mean to suggest that Wright had apologized...

Did Obama Say Rev. Wright Acknowledged Offending People?
March 28, 2008 4:14 PM

On "The View" this morning, Barbara Walters asked Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., what he would have done had he learned about the incendiary remarks made by his since-retired pastor, Rev. Jeremiah Wright, if Wright had not been on his way out the door?

"Had the reverend not retired and had he not acknowledged that what he had said had deeply offended people and were inappropriate and mischaracterized what I think is the great character of this country - for all its flaws - then I wouldn't have felt comfortable staying there at the church," Obama said.

This seemed to imply that Wright had acknowledged that he'd deeply offended people with inappropriate remarks. Right?

Wrong, says the Obama campaign.

"Sen. Obama was clearly saying that were Rev. Wright not retiring, he would need to be assured that the reverend understood why what he had said had deeply offended people and mischaracterized the greatness of this country," says spox Bill Burton.

Okay, except Obama wasn't "clearly" saying that at all.

Here's a clear way to say that: 'Had the reverend not retired I would have confronted him about his remarks. If after that Wright still refused to acknowledge that what he had said had deeply offended people and were inappropriate and mischaracterized what I think is the great character of this country -- for all its flaws -- then I wouldn't have felt comfortable staying there at the church.'

For an eloquent man, not his most eloquent moment.
0 Replies

snood

Sat 29 Mar, 2008 12:19 am
okie wrote:
snood, your point is a pretty good one, but the parallel is not at all correct. Abuse of children for example was not and is not part of the official belief system or basic doctrine of the Catholic Church. Simply look at the Jeremiah Wright church's own website and you will see what the church is based on, the basic doctrine and what the church teaches, which is political and laced with bigotry as part of the Black Liberation Theology.

The church is unapologetically african american, started by blacks and in tune with the issues that most affect the minority community. If you want to try to tie Rev Wright's most outlandish and upsetting words with some kind of basic racial pathology in the church's overall mission, what would you say to regularly attending WHITE members?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Sat 29 Mar, 2008 04:17 am
In today's Chicago Tribune: Wright's sermons fueled by complex mix of culture, religion

Quote:
Examining the full content of Wright's sermons and delivery style yields a far more complex message, though it's one that some will still find objectionable. For more than 30 years every Sunday, Wright walked churchgoers along a winding road from rage to reconciliation, employing a style that validated both. "He's voicing a reality that those people experience six days a week," said Rev. Dwight Hopkins, a professor at the University of Chicago Divinity School and Trinity member. "In that sense, he's saying they're not insane. That helps them to function the other six days of the week."
[...]
Wright's preaching, which mixes theology with the often-troubled history of race relations in America, is in the "prophetic" tradition, one of many that have evolved in black pulpits.

Shocking words like "God damn America" lie at the core of prophetic preaching, said Rev. Bernard Richardson, dean of the chapel at Howard University. "The prophets in Scripture . . . their language wasn't pleasing to hear, and sometimes we need to be reminded of that," he said.

Some pastors and scholars criticize Wright for not moving beyond the struggles of the civil rights era. Others say his messages are too divisive and political. Some say he just goes too far.
... ... ...
0 Replies

teenyboone

Sat 29 Mar, 2008 05:17 am
snood wrote:
okie wrote:

The church is unapologetically african american, started by blacks and in tune with the issues that most affect the minority community. If you want to try to tie Rev Wright's most outlandish and upsetting words with some kind of basic racial pathology in the church's overall mission, what would you say to regularly attending WHITE members?

Agree with ALL of your posts, especially being unapologetically Black! Why? When did Blacks of ANY faith could PICK, which church they'd attend, without being ushered to the exit? Including Roman Catholicism, when the sex scandals broke, no one I went to school with, ever knew of any priest molesting them! Black Folks don't play that and our kids are TOLD, when any touching is inappropriate! I can't say ALL, because altruisms are false, anyway.

What is Black Liberation Theology? I've never heard of such a thing. White Supremacy? Yes! If it exists, I want to learn about it. There are issues in Black households, that ALL Black children are taught and one is not to talk to any whites about anything. A security mechanism, because when whites question, there's usually an ulterior motive.

Over the centuries, Blacks learned to keep their eyes and ears open and their mouths shut. It's called "survival of the fittest". Like Italians and other ethnics, Blacks have a code of silence, but are almost forced to give up their own, for reasons, i can't state. With the advent of videotape, it's hard to dispute, Rev. Wright, but he was speaking for those Blacks, who have no voice! Where the "system" worked against them. There's Justice and Just Us, when a person gets caught up, in the judicial system and you're black!

Gotta give it to Fox, they're going to bleed the last drop out of this, because that's what they're PAID to do and call it news. Great posts, Snood! Cool
0 Replies

maporsche

Sat 29 Mar, 2008 06:28 am
teenyboone wrote:
There are issues in Black households, that ALL Black children are taught and one is not to talk to any whites about anything. A security mechanism, because when whites question, there's usually an ulterior motive.

Would someone please explain to me HOW this is not a racist statement?

Quote:

Over the centuries, Blacks learned to keep their eyes and ears open and their mouths shut. It's called "survival of the fittest". Like Italians and other ethnics, Blacks have a code of silence, but are almost forced to give up their own, for reasons, i can't state.

This one too.

Teeny, I have to agree with Tico here. YOU have been the biggest racist on this board that I've seen in a while.
0 Replies

teenyboone

Sat 29 Mar, 2008 06:38 am
maporsche wrote:
teenyboone wrote:
There are issues in Black households, that ALL Black children are taught and one is not to talk to any whites about anything. A security mechanism, because when whites question, there's usually an ulterior motive.

Quote:

Over the centuries, Blacks learned to keep their eyes and ears open and their mouths shut. It's called "survival of the fittest". Like Italians and other ethnics, Blacks have a code of silence, but are almost forced to give up their own, for reasons, i can't state.

This one too.
I guess it takes one to know one, huh? You never learn, because you don't use a dictionary. Please look the word up. A racist is a person or group, that discriminates against a person or group, illegally, for no apparent reason.
I am a minority. Predjudiced? Maybe, but that's because historically Blacks were systemically discriminated by choice and by illegal laws, passed in the United States, for the express purpose of barring Africans and their descendants from participating in society and used biblical passages, as well as color to bar such ?residents? from decent housing, education, equal access and the ordinary things you take for granted, which I call "entitlement". Take away ONE of these and YOU'd be screaming RACISM, too! Can I join your church, club, organizations, schools, etc, without one of you questioning, what do I want?

Be Black for ONE day and see if you don't see life as we do! Racists? You invented it, so why question me?

Teeny, I have to agree with Tico here. YOU have been the biggest racist on this board that I've seen in a while.
Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

maporsche

Sat 29 Mar, 2008 06:44 am
teenyboone wrote:
maporsche wrote:
teenyboone wrote:

Quote:

This one too.

I guess it takes one to know one, huh? You never learn, because you don't use a dictionary. Please look the word up. A racist is a person or group, that discriminates against a person or group, illegally, for no apparent reason.
I am a minority. Predjudiced? Maybe, but that's because historically Blacks were systemically discriminated by choice and by illegal laws, passed in the United States, for the express purpose of barring Africans and their descendants from participating in society and used biblical passages, as well as color to bar such ?residents? from decent housing, education, equal access and the ordinary things you take for granted, which I call "entitlement". Take away ONE of these and YOU'd be screaming RACISM, too! Can I join your church, club, organizations, schools, etc, without one of you questioning, what do I want?

Be Black for ONE day and see if you don't see life as we do! Racists? You invented it, so why question me?

Rolling Eyes

Please show me ONE racist comment that I've made before calling me a racist.

I'm 28 years old. Please tell me how I have in ANY way been responsible for any white vs black systematic racism.

I didn't invent racism. That is why I can question you. You're out of line here Teeny.
0 Replies

teenyboone

Sat 29 Mar, 2008 06:46 am
maporsche wrote:
teenyboone wrote:

This one too.

Rolling Eyes

Agree all you want. You're free, white and 21 aren't you? A line I've heard in many a 1930's movie, spoken usually by a white woman. No invention of mine!

I guess it takes one to know one, huh? You never learn, because you don't use a dictionary. Please look the word up. A racist is a person or group, that discriminates against a person or group, for no apparent reason, than prejudice taught by whites to other whites.

I am a minority. Prejudiced? Maybe, but that's because historically, Blacks were systemically discriminated against, by the majority and by illegal laws, passed in the United States, for the express purpose of barring Africans and their descendants, from participating in society and used biblical passages, as well as color to bar such persons from decent housing, education, equal access and full participation, you take for granted, which I call "entitlement". Take away ONE of these and YOU'd be screaming RACISM, too! Can I join your church, club, organizations, schools, etc, without one of you questioning, what do I want?

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

mysteryman

Sat 29 Mar, 2008 06:48 am
Quote:
Can I join your church, club, organizations, schools, etc, without one of you questioning, what do I want?

Absolutely you can.
If you want, I will personally recommend you for membership on our fire dept.
We are always looking for good people.
You are also welcome to joing my local american Legion post (but you do have to be a veteran).
0 Replies

teenyboone

Sat 29 Mar, 2008 06:53 am
maporsche wrote:
teenyboone wrote:
maporsche wrote:
teenyboone wrote:

Quote:

This one too.

Rolling Eyes

Please show me ONE racist comment that I've made before calling me a racist.

I'm 28 years old. Please tell me how I have in ANY way been responsible for any white vs black systematic racism.

I didn't invent racism. That is why I can question you. You're out of line here Teeny.

Ask you mom and dad! I don't blame everyone and just because you didn't say it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. What a lame excuse!
0 Replies

maporsche

Sat 29 Mar, 2008 06:54 am
teenyboone wrote:

I guess it takes one to know one, huh? You never learn, because you don't use a dictionary. Please look the word up. A racist is a person or group, that discriminates against a person or group, for no apparent reason, than prejudice taught by whites to other whites.

Here is the correct dictionary definition.

Quote:

racĀ·ism /ˈreɪsɪzəm/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[rey-siz-uhm] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
-noun 1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.
0 Replies

teenyboone

Sat 29 Mar, 2008 06:55 am
mysteryman wrote:
Quote:
Can I join your church, club, organizations, schools, etc, without one of you questioning, what do I want?

Absolutely you can.
If you want, I will personally recommend you for membership on our fire dept.
We are always looking for good people.
You are also welcome to joing my local american Legion post (but you do have to be a veteran).

Unbelievable! You, a Legionnaire? When and where did you serve, because my husband is the DEC, here!
0 Replies