nimh

Thu 3 Jan, 2008 10:03 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Butrflynet wrote:
The Obama campaign has woken up the sleeping spirit of grassroots democracy. Iowa had an incredible turnout.

According to the current entrance polls at CNN 57% Claimed they never caucused before. Of them: 18% went to Edwards, 29% went to Hillary and fully 41% went to Obama.

Thanks for the numbers. So, right. Of the great number of new caucusgoers, somewhat less than half came for Obama, almost a third came for Hillary, and a fifth came for Edwards. It wasnt a question of one man single-handedly awakening grassroots democracy. Thats all I said.

(And I'd like to keep it at that - it was really just "one tiny disclaimer" I wanted to insert.)
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Thu 3 Jan, 2008 10:10 pm
Nimh, I tossed that out there because I happened to notice it, and to throw Butrflynet a bone... Not to rub it in, sorry. Do you really think Edwards is done already? Shocked
0 Replies

okie

Thu 3 Jan, 2008 10:23 pm
Edwards has worked too long to quit yet. He is waiting for Clinton and/or Obama to stumble and make major mistakes so that he can hopefully fill the vacuum.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Thu 3 Jan, 2008 10:32 pm
Just received this note from Senator Obama...It is now official...

Quote:
Lynn --
We just won Iowa, and I'm about to head down to talk to everyone.
Democrats turned out in record numbers tonight, and independents and even some Republicans joined our party to stand together for change.
Thank you for everything you've done to make this possible.
Barack
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Thu 3 Jan, 2008 10:34 pm
Wow! That speech gave me chills and tears of joy. I think we are looking the next president.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Thu 3 Jan, 2008 10:38 pm
Great speech!

Biden out, per CNN. That makes him and Chris Dodd.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

eoe

Thu 3 Jan, 2008 10:39 pm
What an incredible time this is!!!
YAHOO!
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 3 Jan, 2008 10:41 pm
Congrats to soz and to everyone else. Extraordinary night. A big upper.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Thu 3 Jan, 2008 11:08 pm
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Thu 3 Jan, 2008 11:13 pm
Synonymph wrote:
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Long time no see, Cinn.
0 Replies

snood

Thu 3 Jan, 2008 11:17 pm
Butrflynet wrote:
JPB wrote:
I watched a CNN interview with Dean tonight and he still makes me as angry as he ever has.

I can't believe he is national chairperson of the Democrat party...

What makes you mad about him, and why can't you believe he's chairman?
0 Replies

Synonymph

Thu 3 Jan, 2008 11:17 pm
Hi, Tico.

I had to stop in here and see what the caucus results reactions were.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Thu 3 Jan, 2008 11:18 pm
snood wrote:
Butrflynet wrote:
JPB wrote:
I watched a CNN interview with Dean tonight and he still makes me as angry as he ever has.

I can't believe he is national chairperson of the Democrat party...

What makes you mad about him, and why can't you believe he's chairman?

Maybe because he said YAAAAAARRRRRRR!
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Thu 3 Jan, 2008 11:23 pm
Maybe it is the nature of the beast and his efforts to appear neutral in his role as chairperson, but from what I've seen of him on the national Democratic website, he just seems mealy-mouthed, not very effective and not very inspiring.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Thu 3 Jan, 2008 11:24 pm
Butrflynet wrote:
Maybe it is the nature of the beast and his efforts to appear neutral in his role as chairperson, but from what I've seen of him on the national Democratic website, he just seems mealy-mouthed, not very effective and not very inspiring.

His strengths lie in organization.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Thu 3 Jan, 2008 11:25 pm
Quote:
Defeated Clinton looks ahead to New Hampshire
Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:22pm EST

By Ellen Wulfhorst

DES MOINES, Iowa, Jan 3 (Reuters) - Sen. Hillary Clinton acknowledged a disappointing defeat in Iowa on Thursday to rival Democratic Sen. Barack Obama but voiced confidence she would rebound in her bid for the presidency in other state contests across the United States.

"I am so ready for the rest of this campaign, and I am so ready to lead," said Clinton, sounding upbeat and confident before a crowded room of supporters in Des Moines.

"We're going to take this enthusiasm and go right to New Hampshire tonight," she said.

New Hampshire holds its nominating primary next Tuesday, where Clinton leads polls among Democrats in the next state to choose party candidates to compete in the November general election.

The loss to Obama was a big blow to Clinton, the former first lady who is seeking to become the nation's first female president.

Once considered such a strong, well-funded front-runner that some dubbed her the inevitable nominee, Clinton saw her lead in Iowa shrivel in recent weeks, and she now faces immense pressure to turn around her campaign in New Hampshire over the next five days.

"I am so proud to have run with such exceptional candidates," Clinton said, congratulating Obama, the senator from Ilinois, and former North Carolina Sen. John Edwards, who was in a tight battle with Clinton for second place.

"Together we have presented the case for change and have made it absolutely clear that America needs a new beginning," she said.

She promised to take her candidacy nationwide through the upcoming nominating contests.

"We have always planned to run a national campaign," she said. "I am ready for that contest.

"We have a long way to go, but I am confident and optimistic," said Clinton, flanked by her husband, former U.S. President Bill Clinton, and daughter Chelsea.
0 Replies

snood

Thu 3 Jan, 2008 11:28 pm
I think the whole hooplah about his "scream" was some stupid shyt, but...

The National Party Chair isn't there to be an inspirational speaker.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Thu 3 Jan, 2008 11:41 pm
I thought the scream kicked ass, thought I saw him consider another during the last DNC, and believe if he would have; he'd have earned some respect backĀ… not unlike the governator's repeated "girlymen" in the face of criticism.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Thu 3 Jan, 2008 11:53 pm
Howard Dean is a "girlyman."
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Fri 4 Jan, 2008 01:15 am
snood wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
go to hell snood old buddy, I'm not sparring with you.

I will vote happily for Obama if he gets the nomination. but Hills my candidate and i think she's the one.

I'm not your old buddy, and f*ck sparring - you keep barfing about the inevitable Hillary on the Obama thread, and I'll comment however the f*ck I want. And I could give a f*ck what you say or think about it.

wow snood, what an authentically tough angry black gangster you are. You just ooze urban menace. What made you angry pal, they run out of sprinkles at dipping dots?

Now, I'll repeat my congratulations to Obama for his victory... and at the same time I'll stand by my belief that although he won this battle he will not win the war. Should I be wrong, I'll throw my support to him and vote for him. snood feel free to continue playing the tough worldly black superhero. You seem to have a pathological need for it.
0 Replies