plainoldme

Fri 13 May, 2011 11:06 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Quote:
What was the name of that Republican President who signed the Emanicpation Proclamation

At that time, the Republicans were the liberals, oh you who know nothing about political philosophy and history.

We are talking about liberals and conservatives and republicans and democrats.
plainoldme

Fri 13 May, 2011 11:07 pm
@okie,
Quote:
conservatively common sense

Oxymoron.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Sat 14 May, 2011 05:23 am

Barack Obama Action Figures
JTT

Sat 14 May, 2011 07:57 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Quote:
What was the name of that Republican President who signed the Emanicpation Proclamation?

This is so much hooey, Ren. Lincoln did that as a political maneuver, not out of any warmth towards Blacks. Virtually everyone in the US was a racist, Lincoln included. Look at the great equality that was accorded Blacks after the Civil War. There was nothing.

All the fancy talk, all the consteetwoshunal amendments meant squat and you know it.

It took almost a full century after that to give them the legal rights due them and even then most of America had to be dragged, kicking and screaming, to allow those rights.

You do your country no favors by advancing these historical fantasies. The people who were most against giving Blacks their due social and legal rights were the very people who have always been against advancing anyone any of the rights due them. And that has been conservatives. You only need look at the gay/lesbian issues.

Someone advancing such a fatuous notion ought not to be calling other people dumb.
H2O MAN

Sat 14 May, 2011 08:13 am

Drill Barry, Drill !!

Yep, Barry Obama has decided he must flip-flop and allow drilling for oil in Alaska and the Gulf of Mexico...
I guess someone told him he needs more votes than he thought to have a chance in 2012.

Drill Barry, Drill !!
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Sat 14 May, 2011 08:34 am
geez, H2 Oboy, you really pay close attention. He has supported more offshore oil drilling since at least March, 2010--that's 2010. Which means as usual like most conservatives you only see your peculiar little ideology, and pay no attention to what's really going on in the world, or that Obama is a mainstream moderate--always has been, always will be, and you're an ultraright wacko--always have been, always will be.
Renaldo Dubois

Sat 14 May, 2011 08:44 am
@plainoldme,
I'm against slavery so that makes me a liberal. Gee, who woulda thunk! Things are so simple in la la land.
Renaldo Dubois

Sat 14 May, 2011 08:46 am
@H2O MAN,
I like what Rush Limbaugh said........The Obama action figure has his head, but Michelle's arms.
0 Replies

Renaldo Dubois

Sat 14 May, 2011 08:49 am
@JTT,
Here's a little history lesson for ya. It's from PBS, so I know you can't criticize my source.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/jimcrow/stories_org_democratic.html
H2O MAN

Sat 14 May, 2011 09:05 am
@MontereyJack,
Stay in touch with yourself, MJackoff because you aren't paying attention to anything else.
0 Replies

JTT

Sat 14 May, 2011 09:12 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Again, it's like your link to that nut case who went on about how hypocritical is the WH [Dems] for committing one war crime while chiding others [Repugs] for committing their war crimes.

It's like Hitler and the boys sitting around pointing fingers at each other.

There was no "good" political party in the US who supported the rights of Blacks. Had there been, they wouldn't have been denied those rights for close to a century.

That finger you seem bent on pointing at others comes right around and sticks you in the ass.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Sat 14 May, 2011 09:17 am
@JTT,
Because this truth has to be driven into the heads of posters (notice I did not use the word people) like renaldo, okie et al, I will repost it:
Quote:
It took almost a full century after that to give them{Black people} the legal rights due them and even then most of America had to be dragged, kicking and screaming, to allow those rights.

You do your country no favors by advancing these historical fantasies. The people who were most against giving Blacks their due social and legal rights were the very people who have always been against advancing anyone any of the rights due them. And that has been conservatives. You only need look at the gay/lesbian issues.

The American history books* my Catholic schools used in Michigan in the late 50s and early 60s denigrated the carpetbaggers because that was the conservative version of history. Conservatives tend to write history books in the US because those books must sell in Texas and California. If we had a competitive publishing industry, things might be different.

*Here, I am not certain whether it was the American history book we used in elementary school or the book used in 10th grade American history. It was probably both.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Sat 14 May, 2011 09:18 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
You may be a republican operative whose assignment is to rewrite history through internet fora like this one. Your fellow travelers burned crosses and not mine.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Sat 14 May, 2011 09:39 am
@plainoldme,
It was a republican who gave Eve the apple!!! Thats when it started.
plainoldme

Sat 14 May, 2011 12:52 pm
@RABEL222,
YEah, they are all snakes, aren't they? Wink Laughing
H2O MAN

Sat 14 May, 2011 01:13 pm
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:

YEah, they are all snakes, aren't they? Wink Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ab5-nZPbYc
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
H2O MAN

Mon 16 May, 2011 06:50 am

The Obama administration approved 204 new waivers to Democrats'
healthcare reform law over the past month, bringing the total to 1,372.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Mon 16 May, 2011 08:48 am
Most of the new Obamacare waivers come from liberals in San Francisco, CA.

0 Replies

realjohnboy

Mon 16 May, 2011 02:46 pm
On another thread, H2O predicts that the Repubs will gain a majority in the Senate and that Obama will defeated in his quest for a 2nd term. I disagree but it is not in my style to ridicule his opinion.
I did come across some recent polls showing how Obama fares against some Repub candidates. Admittedly, we are early in the process, and I think most people hear understand that.
The averaged results, from polls by Gallup, Politico, Reuters and PPP (a Dem poll):
Obama over Romney by 10 points
Obama over Gingrich by 16
Over Daniels by 18
Palin by 18
Pawlenty by 18.7
Huntsman by 21
Bachman by 21.