H2O MAN

Fri 13 May, 2011 10:53 am
@JTT,

Only someone that has no clue what America is all about would make such an asinine statement.
JTT

Fri 13 May, 2011 10:59 am
@H2O MAN,
But you are one of those who continually deny what America is all about even with the facts placed right in front of your nose, h2oboy.

Did you find your Depends yet? You've obviously gone far past the wetting stage.
0 Replies

Renaldo Dubois

Fri 13 May, 2011 01:43 pm
Look what's in the Washington Post.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/demagoguery-101/2011/05/12/AFu6CV1G_story.html
0 Replies

okie

Fri 13 May, 2011 02:12 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
okie wrote:
So, tell me cyclops, as I look at the Fox News website, is the Mississippi River not rising as Fox reports?

This is asinine. The studies linked talk about political and economic events for which Fox presents a false narrative and their viewers are consistently wrong. Only a fool would think that was the same argument as what you are making here.

Cycloptichorn
You are the one with the false narrative, cyclops. And your arguments are asinine and consistently wrong. If you want to pick on Fox, why don't you actually present evidence, how about that? For example, the Common poet guy report, point out where they reported it falsely. The truth is you don't like Fox because they do not walk in lockstep with liberal fanatics as you apprently are.
okie

Fri 13 May, 2011 02:17 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

Actually it's heartening for me to see McWhorter write a piece like that - that gives a balanced and reasonable view of the relative importance of the Obama's choices of people to invite to read their poetry.
You call that poetry, snood? Are you serious? I think a more accurate term would be trash talk, and it is not deserving of the White House.
0 Replies

okie

Fri 13 May, 2011 02:19 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
snood wrote:
Actually it's heartening for me to see McWhorter write a piece like that - that gives a balanced and reasonable view of the relative importance of the Obama's choices of people to invite to read their poetry. And I am relieved that he gets the width of the disconnect between the kneejerk rightwing and things that are actually part of modern culture.

I have to say that the race-baiting involved in this Common issue is rather more naked than usual for their side; and it's disgusting to watch.
Cycloptichorn
What is disgusting is the apologies for trash talking on the part of liberals as yourself, cyclops. The country deserves better.
JTT

Fri 13 May, 2011 02:34 pm
@okie,
Quote:
What is disgusting is the apologies for trash talking on the part of liberals as yourself, cyclops. The country deserves better.

Yeah, Cycloptichorn, take that; the country deserves better, like say, freedom of speech.
plainoldme

Fri 13 May, 2011 02:37 pm
@JTT,
But what has this country done to deserve the right?
Cycloptichorn

Fri 13 May, 2011 03:12 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:
okie wrote:
So, tell me cyclops, as I look at the Fox News website, is the Mississippi River not rising as Fox reports?

This is asinine. The studies linked talk about political and economic events for which Fox presents a false narrative and their viewers are consistently wrong. Only a fool would think that was the same argument as what you are making here.

Cycloptichorn
You are the one with the false narrative, cyclops. And your arguments are asinine and consistently wrong. If you want to pick on Fox, why don't you actually present evidence, how about that?

I did. I presented you with three different studies showing that Fox news viewers were the least informed on political and economic issues. You refused to read the evidence, because you don't want to see anything that screws up your narrative.

Quote:
For example, the Common poet guy report, point out where they reported it falsely. The truth is you don't like Fox because they do not walk in lockstep with liberal fanatics as you apparently are.

I don't like Fox because they lie to their viewers in order to get ratings; they are the Conservative news station and they tell people like you exactly what they want to hear. They've gone to court to defend their ability to lie to their viewers, and their executives have revealed that they intentionally slant the news and make up scandals for ratings.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

JTT

Fri 13 May, 2011 03:14 pm
@plainoldme,
Good point, Pom.
0 Replies

Renaldo Dubois

Fri 13 May, 2011 03:17 pm
@plainoldme,
It's not about what we deserve. It's about what is our right to demand of our government. Are we going to run this country or are we going to be bootlickers like the left? That's the question.
JTT

Fri 13 May, 2011 03:24 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
You're going to continue to be what you've always been, a brown noser and a dupe, Ren.
parados

Fri 13 May, 2011 03:28 pm
@okie,
There was a link to a Fox story on this page where they misrepresent something

The headline claims American Medical Association Deals Setback to Obamacare yet it isn't the American Medical Association who everyone recognizes as the AMA. I know when someone says American Medical Association I think of the AMA with its 250,000 members.

In reality Fox is talking about the American Medical Group Association which only has about 300 members.
JTT

Fri 13 May, 2011 03:31 pm
@parados,
Quote:
There was a link to a Fox story on this page where they misrepresent something

That's not possible, Parados. Fox never misrepresents anything, nor do any of its shills.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Fri 13 May, 2011 04:25 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
The American left was born when the Abolitionists stood against the FFs and the great unwashed that became the right, now that there was a force to oppose it. We have been working since to pick up after the right, correct its mistakes and forge an educated, honorable nation.
Renaldo Dubois

Fri 13 May, 2011 04:27 pm
@JTT,
Tea Party.....BOO. The losers got their asses kicked last November. Um, that would be YOU.
0 Replies

Renaldo Dubois

Fri 13 May, 2011 04:29 pm
@plainoldme,
What was the name of that Republican President who signed the Emanicpation Proclamation? When you get through with that one, you can tell us who the Democrat Senator was that died only a little over a year ago and was a leader in the KKK and filibustered the Civil Rights bill in 1964.

You guys are dumber than a mule fuckin' a goat.
H2O MAN

Fri 13 May, 2011 05:26 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

You guys are dumber than a mule fuckin' a goat.

Yes they are, especially that Pathetic Old Mule.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Fri 13 May, 2011 07:00 pm
okie says:
Quote:
The truth is you don't like Fox because they do not walk in lockstep with liberal fanatics

That's true--Fox marches in lockstep with ultra-right fanatics.
okie

Fri 13 May, 2011 09:15 pm
@MontereyJack,
As leftist as you are, I would imagine anything conservatively common sense would seem fanatical to you, Jack? Example, anyone that disapproves of a Jeremiah Wright ranting about Jews and rich white people are fanatically right wing? That seems like a weird mindset where I came from, but as I've heard, "it takes all kinds."