A Flask of Wine, a Book of Verse - and Thou
Beside me singing in the wilderness -
And Wilderness is Paradise enow.

said that.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Wed 6 Apr, 2011 05:47 pm
@parados,
The republicans want to do reaganomics all over again.
cicerone imposter

Wed 6 Apr, 2011 05:52 pm
@plainoldme,
That'll never happen; Reagan had one of the highest tax rates, and the current GOP is working to reduce tax rates for the rich to zero.

They'll still want to support wars all over the globe, and maintain the highest cost defense department in the world, but that will be paid for by our children and grandchildren.
plainoldme

Wed 6 Apr, 2011 05:58 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I'm losing faith in sanity. The voices of the sane are being drowned out by the Tea Totalitarians and those fueled and funded by the Koch Brothers.
cicerone imposter

Wed 6 Apr, 2011 06:50 pm
@plainoldme,
What sanity? The GOP is on a roll; they're destroying public unions, destroying Medicare, and the education for our children. What else is there for them to destroy? We don't need outside terrorists, we have home-grown ones doing a much better job of destroying this country.

Wake me up with the nightmares over.
plainoldme

Wed 6 Apr, 2011 07:40 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I count you among the sane. And Parados. Ditto cyclo.
0 Replies

okie

Wed 6 Apr, 2011 09:09 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
We don't need outside terrorists, we have home-grown ones doing a much better job of destroying this country.
They are called Democrats, ci.
cicerone imposter

Wed 6 Apr, 2011 09:23 pm
@okie,
Show us how democrats are destroying this country? Not your worthless personal opinions, but evidence/facts from what is happening in the political arena in all levels of government.
okie

Wed 6 Apr, 2011 09:49 pm
@cicerone imposter,
One example, they are demonizing every conservative attempt to propose cutting significant amounts of money, and they do it by demagoguing and trying to scare everybody. Meanwhile, they protect their union friends and contributors as they continue to bleed the private sector to support them.
parados

Wed 6 Apr, 2011 09:57 pm
@okie,
Oww.. stop the irony okie.. It hurts..

I'll bet you don't even recognize your demonizing in the same post you accuse others.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Thu 7 Apr, 2011 05:13 am
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:

The republicans want to do reaganomics all over again.

That would be great, but I don't think Reaganomics alone would bring the
country far enough back from the brink Obama and his democrats have taken us to.

Passing The FairTax Plan would be a huge boost to our recovery.
Gargamel

Thu 7 Apr, 2011 09:09 am
@H2O MAN,
A huge boost to the recovery Obama and his democrats have taken us to?

Even you are smart enough to see the contradiction here, right?
H2O MAN

Thu 7 Apr, 2011 10:00 am
@Gargamel,
Gargoyle, you seem dazed and confused today, is everything OK?
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Thu 7 Apr, 2011 10:32 am
Quote:
Zakaria: Isn't it fair to say that down to a few billion dollars, and this is peanuts, that the real money is all in the entitlement spending?

Stockman: Well, I think that's true and that's a separate issue. But right here, it's not a few billion dollars. It's whether we're actually going to do something in the here and now that can make a difference. And I think the Republicans need to challenge the White House.

President Obama is weak. He's demonstrated that. He will fold like a lawn chair if they simply hold the line and say we're shutting down the government unless we get our $60 billion. Once they get their $60 billion, then the question is going to be, you've solved three percent of the problem, what are you going to do now? And that's where it gets interesting.

Zakaria: I'm guessing you agree with him, that Obama is weak?
Sachs: Well, yes, they know that he compromises, compromises
, compromises. And David and I also agree on the bottom line, that the deficit is really a major problem and needs to be closed.

http://globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com/2011/04/07/from-fareed-sachs-and-stockman-on-the-u-s-budget-crisis/?hpt=T2

Columbia University's Jeffrey Sachs is one of the world's leading economists, the go-to man for guiding countries out of economic crises. David Stockman served in the Reagan White House as budget director

We will see if these guys are right...I suspect that they are.
cicerone imposter

Thu 7 Apr, 2011 10:38 am
@hawkeye10,
hawk, The republicans are trying to get the biggest cuts in spending to give bigger tax breaks to the wealthy from 35% to 25%.

The majority of conservatives can't see how they are destroying this country piece by piece. They're going to lose their Medicare, and our children will have less funding for our schools.

But they will continue to support all the wars and defense department spending that will be paid for by our children and grandchildren.

Pretty neat, heh?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Fri 8 Apr, 2011 06:44 am

Liberals can certainly come up with some imaginative explanations
of the great and glorious accomplishments of Barack Obama.

Slopping Up the Obamamedia Drool
0 Replies

ican711nm

Fri 8 Apr, 2011 02:53 pm
...........Leftist Liberals despise reality and the people who describe it!
.....................They continually villify conservatives for the damage they themselves have done and are doing to our Country!
cicerone imposter

Fri 8 Apr, 2011 02:55 pm
@ican711nm,
ican, Back up your claims with detailed evidence/facts - not your silly generalized opinions that are based on ignorance.
plainoldme

Fri 8 Apr, 2011 05:19 pm
Even David Brooks thinks the Republicans are being ridiculous. The cuts are miniscule. If the issue for the right is really abortion, I suggest they all have the appropriate operation: either a vasectomy or a tubal ligation so that they will not have to entertain the possibility.
plainoldme

Fri 8 Apr, 2011 05:19 pm
@plainoldme,
Of course, the right needs to face up to its own hypocrisy. Only a big government would control the wombs of all the women in the country.
0 Replies