cicerone imposter

Wed 30 Mar, 2011 11:44 am
@ican711nm,
How long do you think the Great Depression lasted? This is the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression that was created by GW Bush's eight years of the destruction of our's and the world's economies.

You want miracles? Pray to your god.
ican711nm

Wed 30 Mar, 2011 01:10 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I do not give a damn who caused "the Great Recession."

What are your answers to my questions?

Who is responsible for ending "the Great Recession?"

Who shall the Leftist Liberals blame after Barack Obama finishes dismantling the US economy?

How do the members of the Leftist Liberals plan to handle the consequences to them of Obama finishing the dismantling of the US economy?

cicerone imposter

Wed 30 Mar, 2011 01:39 pm
@ican711nm,
Of coarse you don't; even though it affects you, your family and friends. DUH!
ican711nm

Wed 30 Mar, 2011 02:08 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I don't give a damn who caused the "Grear Recession."

I care only about,

what caused the "Grear Recession," and

what caused the "Grear Recession" to worsen!
plainoldme

Wed 30 Mar, 2011 02:19 pm
@ican711nm,
The Great Recession was caused by a 30-year-long effort on the part of the Neo-Robber Barons to take money from the working classes; rigged accounting; criminal financial instruments. In other words, by the very people you worship.
ican711nm

Wed 30 Mar, 2011 02:19 pm
@ican711nm,
Again,

Who is responsible for ending "the Great Recession?"

Who shall the Leftist Liberals blame after Barack Obama finishes dismantling the US economy?

How do Leftist Liberals plan to cope with the consequences to them of Obama dismantling the US economy?

plainoldme

Wed 30 Mar, 2011 02:21 pm
@ican711nm,
ican -- If you told me the sun was shining, I would feel compelled to look out the window.
ican711nm

Wed 30 Mar, 2011 02:30 pm
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:
The Great Recession was caused by a 30-year-long effort on the part of the Neo-Robber Barons ...

........................................................1981 to 2011?
0 Replies

ican711nm

Wed 30 Mar, 2011 02:32 pm
@plainoldme,
Is the sun shinning?
parados

Wed 30 Mar, 2011 03:16 pm
@ican711nm,
plainoldme wrote:

ican -- If you told me the sun was shining, I would feel compelled to look out the window.

ican711nm wrote:

Is the sun shinning?

I don't know what to say....
cicerone imposter

Wed 30 Mar, 2011 03:19 pm
@ican711nm,
ican, Please point out how Obama is dismantling the economy? A short list will do.
ican711nm

Wed 30 Mar, 2011 04:24 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
ican, Please point out how Obama is dismantling the economy? A short list will do.

1. Obama is transferring wealth from those who earn it and/or produce it to those who do not earn it and do not produce it.
2. Obama is thereby rewarding less productivity and discouraging more productivity.
3. “When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.” -- Benjamin Franklin
JTT

Wed 30 Mar, 2011 05:42 pm
@ican711nm,
Quote:
1. Obama is transferring wealth from those who earn it and/or produce it to those who do not earn it and do not produce it.

And he would be different from the last umpteen prez's how?

Quote:
2. Obama is thereby rewarding less productivity and discouraging more productivity.

You mean by giving handouts to Wall St bankers?

Quote:
3. “When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.” -- Benjamin Franklin

The US pork barrel is deep and wide. Congress has had the power to vote themselves money since forever. Obviously, Ben didn't know his ass from a sinkhole.
plainoldme

Wed 30 Mar, 2011 06:55 pm
@ican711nm,
Quote:
. Obama is transferring wealth from those who earn it and/or produce it to those who do not earn it and do not produce it.

Obama is transferring nothing. The rapists and robbers that compose the top 1% of this country's "earners" have been lining their pockets since 1979 with monies that ought to have gone to the "bottom" 80%. How nice it would be if Obama would take the money from the rapists and robbers and give it to the people that earn it.
cicerone imposter

Wed 30 Mar, 2011 07:53 pm
@plainoldme,
We need a Robin Hood that will equalize the playing field for the rest of workers who are robbed by the CEOs and officers (and board of directors) of companies whose greed is a crime against the whole society by accumulating untold wealth while the middle class and poor lose buying power as they have increased production.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Wed 30 Mar, 2011 08:13 pm
@plainoldme,
I unfortunately gave my Death and Life of American Cities to a friend, never to be seen again. Another good book is Carey McWilliam's Island on the Land, about California history. I have Mike Davis' City of Quartz, but I can't wade through it (I think he's somewhat off his rocker, but I was still learning things).

Sorry, end of tangent to Obama '08 thread.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Wed 30 Mar, 2011 08:23 pm
@parados,
Is "shinning" some sort of soccer offensive move?
0 Replies

ican711nm

Thu 31 Mar, 2011 09:54 am
@JTT,
3. Bush's transfers of wealth were financed by federal deficits.
4. Obama's transfers of wealth were and are financed by federal deficits.
5. Bush's annual federal deficits were in the hundreds of billions of dollars.
6. Obama's annual federal deficits are in the trillions of dollars.
7. Obama's federal deficits are accelerating the economic decline of the middle class while enriching Obama's selected members of the upper class.
8. “When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.” -- Benjamin Franklin

parados

Thu 31 Mar, 2011 02:51 pm
@ican711nm,
“No matter what ican posts, you can assume he doesn't know what he is talking about.” -- Benjamin Franklin

While I haven't been able to source that quote from Franklin, it seems like something he would say so I think I might just keep posting it repeatedly.
RABEL222

Thu 31 Mar, 2011 03:11 pm
@parados,
I heard him say it myself. I remember perfectly because I thought to myself what is an ican?