Cycloptichorn

Tue 29 Mar, 2011 11:58 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

We all have worked hard all our lives, not just those in unions. The right is sick and tired of paying government workers outrageous benefits with OUR money.

You're NOT paying them with 'your money.' The state is paying them with tax money - including taxes paid by the very union workers you mention. In fact, they pay a significant percentage of their own salaries back in taxes, to support their own jobs. Never seen an acknowledgment from the right-wing that this is true.

Quote:
I see downright stupid people in government every day who are making better wages and benefits than me? Why? They didn't earn it.

Who are you to make that judgment? This statement is full of ****. You have no idea who is earning their keep and who isn't. Just talking out your ass now.

Quote:
If they didn't earn it then why do I have to pay for it? It's not fair. You democrats believe in fairness .....EXCEPT when it hits your home.

It IS fair that you pay your taxes just like everyone else. What ISN'T fair is your demand to receive gov't services constantly, but not have to pay for them with your tax money.

Cycloptichorn
parados

Tue 29 Mar, 2011 12:02 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Quote:
I see downright stupid people in government every day who are making better wages and benefits than me.

So.. You are arguing you are too stupid to take a job that pays better than the one you have?
Renaldo Dubois

Tue 29 Mar, 2011 12:43 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
It's my money. Only a statist would think it's not my money. Who in the hell do you people think you are?

I most certainly do have that right to judge. I work alongside government workers at DSHS every day. I work for AARP.
Cycloptichorn

Tue 29 Mar, 2011 12:45 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

It's my money. Only a statist would think it's not my money. Who in the hell do you people think you are?

The state doesn't pay workers with YOUR money, it pays them with the STATES' money. That money is collected from you in the form of taxes and fees.

I'm merely describing to you how our country works. Once you pay your taxes, the money stops belonging to you and starts belonging to the state. If you don't like reality, that's your problem; but insisting over and over that it is your money is fallacious.

Cycloptichorn
Renaldo Dubois

Tue 29 Mar, 2011 12:45 pm
@parados,
I don't have to look down at the toilet to see what happened when I get up like you do. That is the height of stupidity.
0 Replies

Renaldo Dubois

Tue 29 Mar, 2011 12:47 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
And if the State is not spending my money as I see fit then I have a say. I can vote. That is what we did in Wisconsin. You don't like that. Too damn bad. Grow up.
Cycloptichorn

Tue 29 Mar, 2011 12:50 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

And if the State is not spending my money as I see fit then I have a say. I can vote.

Sure, I was merely pointing out that you were completely wrong with your previous assertion.

Quote:
That is what we did in Wisconsin. You don't like that. Too damn bad. Grow up.

You say its' 'too damn bad,' but from what I can see, the Democrats are currently winning the court fight over Walker and the Legislature's passage of the bill in an illegal fashion, and then deciding to act as if there wasn't an injunction against the bill, when a judge there clearly invoked one.

Not only that, but the Democrats are having a lot of success in getting signatures to recall Republican senators there. And they will get a couple of them, and then recall Walker in November. His popularity has tanked and there's no way he'd survive a recall election - he barely got elected in the first place and has proven himself to be a true asshole in the few short months since then.

We don't 'grow up' or 'get over it' on our side - we get even. And if you don't like it, I guess that's just going to be... too damn bad.

Cycloptichorn
JTT

Tue 29 Mar, 2011 01:07 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Quote:
Has anyone ever told you that you are acting like a whiney crybaby?

And in the very next post,

Quote:
We all have worked hard all our lives, not just those in unions. The right is sick and tired of paying government workers outrageous benefits with OUR money. I see downright stupid people in government every day who are making better wages and benefits than me. Why? They didn't earn it. If they didn't earn it then why do I have to pay for it? It's not fair. You democrats believe in fairness .....EXCEPT when it hits your home.

mysteryman

Tue 29 Mar, 2011 02:23 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
We don't 'grow up' or 'get over it' on our side - we get even. And if you don't like it, I guess that's just going to be... too damn bad

While I understand the sentiment, it is exactly that attitude, on both sides, that is the cause of many of the problems in this country.
Both sides are so worried about "getting even", that they dont work on the actual problems.

Instead of "getting even", how about working on fixing whats broke.
cicerone imposter

Tue 29 Mar, 2011 02:39 pm
@mysteryman,
mm, What are you really trying to say? That both sides use tactics to degrade the other is all in the name of politics. Both use extremism in their rhetoric, and always try for one upmanship. Whether we like it or not doesn't matter.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Tue 29 Mar, 2011 03:01 pm
By the way, President Obama will formally announce that he seeking reelection on Thursday, April 14th according to sources.
cicerone imposter

Tue 29 Mar, 2011 03:07 pm
@realjohnboy,
rjb, What chances do you give Obama in 2012, knowing what you now know?
H2O MAN

Tue 29 Mar, 2011 04:06 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:

By the way, President Obama will formally announce that he seeking reelection on Thursday, April 14th according to sources.

He's been campaigning for re election many months now, the formal announcement is anti-climactic.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Tue 29 Mar, 2011 04:16 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

rjb, What chances do you give Obama in 2012, knowing what you now know?

...which is not a whole lot.
I would start by asking someone to post a map of the U.S. showing the distribution of electoral votes by state in 2008.
Obama ended up with 365 electoral votes vs McCain's 173.
And I googled 2008 Presidential popular vote and came up with a link to a table on infoplease.com showing popular vote and electoral vote by state.
Obama got 66.9M votes (53%) vs 58.3M for McCain (46%).
The estimated total number of votes cast was 122.8M out of a voting age population of 231.2M.
I would start with looking at the map and that table, if anyone is interested.
Cycloptichorn

Tue 29 Mar, 2011 04:20 pm
@realjohnboy,
It's really getting to be time to start a thread on the whole shebang.

Cycloptichorn
realjohnboy

Tue 29 Mar, 2011 04:44 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
What, "Obama '08" is dated? 2,ooo pages, 40,000 posts and 586,000 views.
Give me an idea for a title and I will set it up unless you want to.
You are probably all aware that we have a thread about the Republican race for the nomination. At this point not much activity there.
They are behaving like penguins on an ice floe.
Cycloptichorn

Tue 29 Mar, 2011 04:53 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:

What, "Obama '08" is dated? 2,ooo pages, 40,000 posts and 586,000 views.
Give me an idea for a title and I will set it up unless you want to.
You are probably all aware that we have a thread about the Republican race for the nomination. At this point not much activity there.
They are behaving like penguins on an ice floe.

"The upcoming Obama victory" ?

Nah, just kidding. How about '2012 Presidential election discussion thread' or 'Election '12' or 'Electric Election Elocution!'

Cycloptichorn
cicerone imposter

Tue 29 Mar, 2011 05:05 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Electoral vote map for 2012. Sorry it's a little blurry. Had to take a picture to produce here.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/imposter222/electoralvotemap20124x6800x532.jpg
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Tue 29 Mar, 2011 05:42 pm
FLASH! I have set up a new thread: "The 2012 Presidential Election Discussion Thread."
It may end up overlapping the Race For The Race For The White House thread about Republicans seeking the nomination. I may fold it into the new thread in due course but so far it has remained remarkably free of personal insults. I may let it run for awhile.
cicerone imposter

Tue 29 Mar, 2011 05:47 pm
@realjohnboy,
rjb, Ya gotta provide the link.