revelette

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 06:23 am
@okie,
Why not, we have time off in schools for Christmas.
H2O MAN

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 08:45 am
@okie,
okie wrote:

Good article, H2OMAN!! Don't ya love it, Holder thinks making a school district give more time off than usual to visit Mecca is enforcing civil rights for a Muslim!!!

Face it folks, we do not have the brightest bulbs in the administration right now.

I have yet to see a single bright bulb in the Obama administration
0 Replies

Gargamel

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 09:51 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

We look for your member in the pictures you stuffed in her mailbox...
many have looked, but nobody has found your tiny member - do you have one?

The magnifying glass you included with the pictures isn't helping.

Why would it occur to you to look for my member if it wasn't instantly evident in the picture? Like, if wasn't clear that I sent you a picture of my member, why would you be like, "I'm not sure what this is a picture of, but why don't I try to find Gargamel's dick somewhere in there!" Because you have some weird preoccupation with it.

As do I, which is why I sent the pictures, but at least it's my member. What's your excuse? I suspect you're projecting about the whole size thing.
parados

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 10:06 am
@Gargamel,
Sometimes size does project.
okie

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 10:40 am
@parados,
what does your discussion have to do with Obama? It seems to me that we have some very serious problems going on around the world these days, which directly has to do with the leadership of this country, whose name is President Obama.

For example, today I turn the computer on and what greets me is the Syrians firing on protestors there. My first reaction is, what was or is the difference between Libya and Syria killing people, and why are we caught flat footed with all of this stuff that is breaking out all over the Middle East? Or is somebody, group, or groups orchestrating all of this? Lots of questions.
Walter Hinteler

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 11:01 am
@okie,
okie wrote:
My first reaction is, what was or is the difference between Libya and Syria killing people, and why are we caught flat footed with all of this stuff that is breaking out all over the Middle East?

Since it's going on in Syria for quite some time, and you're still caught flat footed .... perhaps, all this is just a result of being not well informed?

When it started in Tunisia, many thought that it could spread over to various countries on the African continent and in Arabia.
And it did.
That's quite some time ago, I think.
Walter Hinteler

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 11:04 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

That's quite some time ago, I think.

I started my thread about this on Thu 27 Jan, 2011 02:01 pm [CET].
(And Tunisia was 'past' then already, it just had started in Yemen and was going on in Egypt.)
cicerone imposter

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 11:10 am
@Walter Hinteler,
okie only proves that he has no memory of current and past history. He proves it over and over, and yet he continues to make statements that repeats his ignorance.
0 Replies

okie

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 11:13 am
@Walter Hinteler,
You and others deserve credit for being more aware and informed if you are, Walter. I think the primary point of what I posted is my belief that the American press has been pretty well behind the curve on this. And their current reporting does not seem to offer much in depth analysis. That is at least my perception anyway.

I remember when all heck broke loose in Egypt. I was on a trip at that time and we watched the news in frustration because not much of substance was being offered in terms of explaining why all of it was beginning to happen, who really was behind it, and all of that. Throughout all of these events, I still lack confidence that the Obama Administration knew what they needed to know and why they were taking the position they did and are.
cicerone imposter

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 11:15 am
@okie,
If that's your perception, why are you relying solely on the American press when there are so many international media available?
parados

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 11:21 am
@okie,
Quote:
You and others deserve credit for being more aware and informed if you are, Walter. I think the primary point of what I posted is my belief that the American press has been pretty well behind the curve on th

Maybe you need to realize that the American press is NOT Fox news.

Just about every major news organization has been doing stories on this okie. Where have you been?
0 Replies

ican711nm

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 11:26 am
IMPEACHING OBAMA IS A FIRST STEP IN RESCUING OUR COUNTRY!

The solution for rescuing our Liberty, rescuing our Constitutional Republic and rescuing our Capitalist Economy is not to repeatedly sound alarms and repeatedly give the reasons for those alarms. The solution is to impeach President Obama, or initiate his removal from the presidency some other lawful way. He is unlawfully leading the transfer of private property from those persons and from those organizations who have lawfully earned it to those persons and organizations who have not lawfully earned it.

Nowhere in the Constitution has the President, the Congress, or the Judiciary been granted the power to transfer private property from those who lawfully earned it to those who have not lawfully earned it. Any branch of the federal government that makes such private property transfers violates the "supreme law of the land," and their "oath or affirmation required by Article VI to support this Constitution".

When any branch of the federal government makes such property transfers, it is exercising powers not granted by the Constitution to the federal government. According to Amendment X, the exercise of such non-granted powers by the federal government violates the Constitution. Thereby, making such property transfers unlawful.

Because President Obama is committing these unconstitutional acts, we have to elect members to the House of Representatives, who will make, second, and debate a motion to impeach President Obama.
0 Replies

okie

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 11:33 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
If that's your perception, why are you relying solely on the American press when there are so many international media available?
We scanned them all, but seem to end up on Fox because they are the only ones with any in depth information at all to speak of.
cicerone imposter

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 11:36 am
@okie,
Fox? ROFLMAO It's no wonder you are always confused!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 11:42 am
@okie,
okie wrote:
I think the primary point of what I posted is my belief that the American press has been pretty well behind the curve on this. And their current reporting does not seem to offer much in depth analysis. That is at least my perception anyway. [...]

I remember when all heck broke loose in Egypt. ... ... ...

okie wrote:
We scanned them all, but seem to end up on Fox because they are the only ones with any in depth information at all to speak of.

It actually started in Tunisia before it spread over to Egypt.

I suppose, okie, that you are a native English speaker.
There are lots of English news sources ... (hint: I don't translate all my posted 'information' from German or French or any other language but look it up on various websites, in English.)

Well, but if you're content with the "in depth information" given by your favourite news-source, I don't wonder about your status of "information" - or the lack of it.
0 Replies

JTT

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 12:05 pm
@okie,
Quote:

"I have the greatest admiration for your propaganda. Propaganda in the West is carried out by experts who have had the best training in the world -- in the field of advertizing -- and have mastered the techniques with exceptional proficiency ... Yours are subtle and persuasive; ours are crude and obvious ... I think that the fundamental difference between our worlds, with respect to propaganda, is quite simple. You tend to believe yours ... and we tend to disbelieve ours. "

a Soviet correspondent based five years in the U.S.
cicerone imposter

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 12:15 pm
@JTT,
From spitefulcritic.com.

Quote:

The 10 Most Ridiculous Fox News Lies, Creative Edits, and Half-Truths
By Brandon Root

Tags: Politics, Stupid, TV

Saturday, 24 April 2010

Unless you're a bit brain-damaged
, it shouldn't come as too much of a shock that Fox News occasionally plays fast and loose with the truth. Occasionally they will distort, creatively edit, or even fabricate evidence to support their narrative. But don't worry, you're not the only one screaming at your television.

Unfortunately, there is nothing illegal with what Fox News does (well, kind of). In 2003, the Florida Court of Appeals agreed with Fox News that it is not illegal to distort or falsify the news in the United States, but there is a lot of gray area.

For example, the FCC has said in the past that rigging the news kind of bums them out, but they can't do anything unless they receive "...documented evidence of such rigging or slanting. This kind of evidence could include testimony, in writing or otherwise, from 'insiders' or persons who have direct personal knowledge of an intentional falsification of the news."

So basically if the FCC were to catch you and your brother handing out a flyer claiming in red crayon that "Sprinkles the cat is an evil communist," when Sprinkles is in fact a simple, democracy loving cat, you can't get into trouble unless your brother rats you out and tells the FCC that you knew Sprinkles wasn't a communist when you put crayon-to-paper. If your brother stays tight-lipped about the whole thing, the FCC will just assume you were ignorant when it came to the correct political orientation of Sprinkles, so you weren't really at fault, just stupid.
cicerone imposter

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 12:18 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Also from youtube; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkqHm8lqgKE
0 Replies

JTT

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 12:32 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Unfortunately, there is nothing illegal with what Fox News does (well, kind of). In 2003, the Florida Court of Appeals agreed with Fox News that it is not illegal to distort or falsify the news in the United States, but there is a lot of gray area.

Now what would Fox, of all people, be doing in a court of law, defending their right to distort the news as they see fit? Rolling Eyes
okie

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 04:03 pm
@JTT,
Let me guess that you used the word "distort" in place of other words, JTT? Do you have a link or something to the ruling you are talking about?

By the way, I see or listen to distorted news all the time, such as CNN, ABC, CBS, PBS, the list goes on.