okie

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 12:12 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
No, okie, the choice is not between bad and worse; it's between get involved or not get involved. We got involved with dire future consequences.
Sometimes a bad choice could be not getting involved at all. But it might still be preferable to a possibly worse choice, such as getting involved to support a bad faction. I think this is similar to what MM also expressed.
cicerone imposter

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 01:01 pm
@okie,
Wrong again, okie. You'll never understand that, because your brain won't allow rational thinking on issues that must be arrived at by understanding US politics. There are many "bad factions" around the world; we are not the world's police, nor have the wherewithal to fight all of them. Our treasure should be spent on the American people; to improve our infrastructure, build safe schools and provide adequate numbers of teachers for our children, and secure our borders. They are simple concepts that escapes your ability to think rationally/
mysteryman

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 01:08 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
we are not the world's police,

But acording to some things I have read, there are several countries that are leaving the "coalition" in Libya UNLESS we lead it, instead of NATO.

So, what do we do now?
I oppose us being there, but if we leave and the "civilians" in Libya pay the price for it, what does that make us?

How can we not be the worlds police force if nobody else will act unless we lead the way?
Walter Hinteler

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 01:17 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

But acording to some things I have read, there are several countries that are leaving the "coalition" in Libya UNLESS we lead it, instead of NATO.

Really? Then those media I've read were dead-wrong .... about Norway, Italy, Sweden (sic!), Spain, the UK ... (Besides: 'several' out of how many?)

Well, since now NATO is leading, they are leaving the 'coalition'?
JTT

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 01:28 pm
@mysteryman,
Quote:
So, what do we do now?
I oppose us being there, but if we leave and the "civilians" in Libya pay the price for it, what does that make us?

It's important that you get in there and make a pretense of caring. It will help to spread smoke over the fact that you've supported pretty much every brutal dictatorship in the ME for a long long time.

What does that "make us" for all those "civilians" who have paid the price for those US policies?

Quote:
How can we not be the worlds police force if nobody else will act unless we lead the way?

Stop with the nonsense. You've never been the world's police force. That is a crock of ****! The FACTS clearly show that the US has been one of the world's most rapacious gangster countries.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 01:45 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Germany is leaving the coalition...

http://www.acus.org/natosource/germany-withdraws-its-forces-mediterranean-nato-command
JTT

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 01:48 pm
@mysteryman,
Why, because they are unable to hold down a gagging response?
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 01:56 pm
@mysteryman,
Interesting, MM. Please post that over on the Tunisia, Libya thread. Thanks.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 02:04 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Here is an article from the LA Times you might find interesting...

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-libya-command-20110323,0,2304206.story

Quote:
But the lack of a clear command structure for the future, or the possibility that it won't be NATO at the head of it, has already led Italy, Norway and Luxembourg to express reservations about their involvement in the campaign.

Walter Hinteler

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 02:17 pm
@mysteryman,
Yes, that's exactly to what I've been referring: those countries (plus the others and some more that I've mentioned above) only wanted to didn't want to participate anymore if there wasn't a NATO command.

But now, since there is NATO in command, which countries will leave the 'coalition', you think?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 02:19 pm
@mysteryman,
I bef your pardon! Germany withdrew it's forces from NATO comand due to .... we didn't vote in the Security Council with 'yes'.

Those navy ships, however, are still there, only under national command now. (As are quite a few US naval units.)

According to Brigadier Pierre St Amand (NATO) the alliance had so far received offers of 16 ships from a number of countries to implement the mission.

He said the ships included: a command-and-control ship from Italy; 10 frigates, including four from Turkey and one each from Britain, Spain, Greece, Italy, Canada and the US; submarines from Spain, Italy and Turkey; and auxiliary ships from Italy and Turkey.
0 Replies

okie

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 09:27 pm

The War In Libya Is a Fiction Wrapped Inside a Fig Leaf....
The lack of clarity, the Obama White House insists, is a virtue, including having a commander in chief who's out of the country while it's bombs away. It's the first war run by a multitasking telecommander.
okie

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 09:45 pm
@okie,
The above is from an article written by Michael Goodwin:
http://www.foxnews.com/contributor/michael-goodwin/index.html
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 10:12 pm
@okie,
Yes, and GW Bush went on vacation while he had two wars going on - that he started. He couldn't multi-task, so he went to Texas to rest.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 11:19 pm
@Gargamel,
Quote:
Best lay ever: H2O's mom.

Did you have to knock him off her?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Thu 24 Mar, 2011 06:03 am
@Gargamel,
Gargamel wrote:

Best lay ever: H2O's mom.

She still laughs about you and your tiny member, we keep the pictures you sent for comic relief.

My mom hopes to meet you someday so that she can laugh in your face.
Gargamel

Thu 24 Mar, 2011 08:32 am
@H2O MAN,
You look at pictures of my member? That explains a few things.
H2O MAN

Thu 24 Mar, 2011 09:00 am
@Gargamel,
We look for your member in the pictures you stuffed in her mailbox...
many have looked, but nobody has found your tiny member - do you have one?

The magnifying glass you included with the pictures isn't helping.
H2O MAN

Thu 24 Mar, 2011 09:24 am

OBAMA's JUSTICE DEPARTMENT and its 'PRIORITIES'
okie

Thu 24 Mar, 2011 04:36 pm
@H2O MAN,
Good article, H2OMAN!! Don't ya love it, Holder thinks making a school district give more time off than usual to visit Mecca is enforcing civil rights for a Muslim!!! Face it folks, we do not have the brightest bulbs in the administration right now.