cicerone imposter

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 04:12 pm
@okie,
okie, Please show proof of your claim that CNN, ABC, CBS, PBS, distort the news "all the time?"

Unless you are able to show evidence for your claim, it's called a lie.
okie

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 04:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Much news is a matter of opinion. You love to accuse Fox, but I merely pointed out that it is more than a one way street out there. Obviously, news is a matter of interpretation of events. Much of what is considered news is bordering on editorial anymore.
okie

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 04:15 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

okie, Please show proof of your claim that CNN, ABC, CBS, PBS, distort the news "all the time?"

Unless you are able to show evidence for your claim, it's called a lie.
There you go again. It is not called a lie. It is called an opinion.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 04:22 pm
@JTT,
If anyone is interested in the details of the court ruling involving Fox News and its right to distort news, google in Fox News 2003 FL Court of Appeals Decision.
0 Replies

JTT

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 04:27 pm
@okie,
Quote:
By the way, I see or listen to distorted news all the time, such as CNN, ABC, CBS, PBS, the list goes on.

That is of course, a monstrous lie, Okie. They do not distort the propaganda fed to them daily by the government. They print it pretty much verbatim unless an editor or two sees an opportunity to shine up a government news feed and ingratiate themselves to their bosses or government officials which could ensure an invite to a party or other event where they can rub shoulders with the movers and shakers, the glitterati and the war criminals that run with that crowd.

Oh, wait, you meant news that distorts the actual events, the facts. Then of course, you are right.

You've probably heard this before.

Do you know what the difference is between Russian and American propaganda?

Americans tend to believe theirs.

spendius

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 04:30 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:

TV is a general distortion like looking at things through unsuitable spectacles is.

cicerone imposter

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 04:42 pm
@spendius,
That's well and good; now show us the evidence.
plainoldme

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 05:51 pm
@okie,
Quote:
We scanned them all, but seem to end up on Fox because they are the only ones with any in depth information at all to speak of.

Some people read and reread Shakespeare, okie is still on Dick and Jane.
0 Replies

spendius

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 05:58 pm
@cicerone imposter,
It's staring you in the face everytime you watch the idiot box.
plainoldme

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 05:58 pm
@okie,
Quote:
Much news is a matter of opinion

There are several kinds of stories in each edition of each newspaper: News stories which tell the facts; news features, which enlarge upon the facts with historical background information, personal views of the newsmakers expressed in interviews, definitions, and more; editorials in which opinions are openly stated; features which contain little to no news but examine a person or place or thing extensively.

I minored in journalism in college. I worked as a journalist. I taught journalism to high school students. I wrote part of a teacher's manual. I now teach writing at a community college. All of those things mean -- that to you,okie -- I know nothing.

Aren't you tired of having your foot in your mouth?
plainoldme

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 06:00 pm
@JTT,
I have no idea why JTT was voted down for telling the truth. Okie and his sock puppet ican must have done the deed since JTT is at negative -1.

Fox practices what used to be called yellow journalism. That means that each writer and editor makes decides on the outcome of their reporting before the reporting begins.

cicerone imposter

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 06:00 pm
@spendius,
That's because, you the viewer, don't know anything about facts and evidence when you see it. It's no wonder you are always confused.
spendius

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 06:03 pm
@plainoldme,
Quote:
I minored in journalism in college.

You sure are an expert in minoring pom. I think you must be a proud owner of one of those confetti certificates. It's a grave error to let them go to your head. They are a ponzi scheme. A business proposition.

Journalist my arse. You use the word blasphemously imo.
0 Replies

spendius

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 06:11 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Keep goggling ci. It's no skin off my nose.
0 Replies

JTT

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 06:20 pm
@plainoldme,
Quote:
I have no idea why JTT was voted down for telling the truth.

Because the truth is a very very difficult thing for most people to accept. I'm disappointed, only a minus 1.

You want an explanation for the depths of an Okie/Ican/Oralloy/h2oman/... or even for yourself, [that's the 'yourself' in a generic sense] read Predictably Irrational by Dan Areily.

0 Replies

plainoldme

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 07:38 pm
A NEWS FLASH AIMED AT OKIE AND HIS SOCK PUPPETS:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/thu-march-24-2011-bret-baier
okie

Sat 26 Mar, 2011 06:39 pm
@plainoldme,
Is this biased or informative, pom? I vote it is informative, as well as sobering.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/03/26/israel-warily-eyes-middle-east-uprisings/
"Israel Warily Eyes Middle East Uprisings
Published March 26, 2011| FoxNews.com
"Israel's Defense Minister Ehud Barak answers a question during a joint news conference with Defense Secretary Robert Gates, not pictured, in Tel Aviv, Israel, Thursday, March 24, 2011."
"As anti-government unrest continues to ripple across the Middle East, many in Israel are worried that changes in the Arab world could lead to renewed hostilities against them.

But analysts say it remains to be seen whether the upheaval will threaten Israel and its pillars of security, including peace agreements with Egypt and Jordan.
................."
plainoldme

Sun 27 Mar, 2011 07:08 am
@okie,
Because you have one of the most locked and shut minds in the history of human existence, you have no idea how yellow journalism works. When an author/editor/reporter/researcher begins with a preconceived idea, everything he 'discovers' in his 'fact-finding mission' will suit his prejudice.

FOX's agenda is to promote the American Right.

okie

Sun 27 Mar, 2011 01:44 pm
@plainoldme,
As Larry King would say, answer the question, pom. I repeat: Is the article I posted from Fox biased or informative, pom? And if you think it is biased, you will need to provide valid reasoning or evidence, okay?
0 Replies

parados

Sun 27 Mar, 2011 01:55 pm
@okie,
It is biased okie...

Quote:
As anti-government unrest continues to ripple across the Middle East, many in Israel are worried that changes in the Arab world could lead to renewed hostilities against them.

Please cite where in the article it provides any support for the opening paragraph. There is no support for it. In fact the statements that follow often provide the opposite viewpoint.

There is no "many in Israel" listed anywhere in the story. This is a perfect example of Fox starting with a vague statement about how "many" think or say something and then providing no support for that statement.