JTT

Tue 22 Mar, 2011 06:17 pm
@okie,
Quote:
JTT calls MM delusional, ha ha. Isn't this forum fun??

Delusional, Okie, is studiously avoiding the facts when they are right in front of your nose, which is what MM does, big time. You do the same, which is what you are doing now.
okie

Tue 22 Mar, 2011 07:04 pm
@JTT,
MM has always made much sense. He writes clear and open opinions about what he thinks, and he gives reasoning. That is frankly refreshing to find on this forum.
JTT

Tue 22 Mar, 2011 07:18 pm
@okie,
Delusional, Okie, is studiously avoiding the facts when they are right in front of your nose, which is what MM does, big time. You do the same, which is what you are doing now.
0 Replies

okie

Tue 22 Mar, 2011 07:22 pm
Question about Obama. I guess that is who this thread is about, right?
How come is he supporting the rebels in Libya that may have ties to Al Qaeda? Of course, much remains to be sorted out, but that may be a distinct possibility.
cicerone imposter

Tue 22 Mar, 2011 07:23 pm
@okie,
Glory be! You finally got one thing right; this thread is about Obama.
okie

Tue 22 Mar, 2011 07:39 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Well, what do you think of the question about Al Qaeda in Libya? Does Obama know who he is supporting?

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2692062/posts

"In joining Ms. Rice and Ms. Power, Mrs. Clinton made an unusual break with Secretary of Defense Robert M. Gates, who, along with the national security adviser, Thomas E. Donilon, and the counterterrorism chief, John O. Brennan, had urged caution. Libya was not vital to American national security interests, the men argued, and Mr. Brennan worried that the Libyan rebels remained largely unknown to American officials, and could have ties to Al Qaeda.".
cicerone imposter

Tue 22 Mar, 2011 07:49 pm
@okie,
"Could have ties to al Quida" is not justification for our involvement in Libya.
JTT

Tue 22 Mar, 2011 08:25 pm
@okie,
Quote:
How come is he supporting the rebels in Libya that may have ties to Al Qaeda? Of course, much remains to be sorted out, but that may be a distinct possibility.

Okie Okie Okie. The US had ties to Al Qaeda. The US created Al Qaeda. The US bankrolled Al Qaeda. The US was tight with Al Qaeda.
cicerone imposter

Tue 22 Mar, 2011 09:23 pm
@JTT,
It's true; the US created the Taliban and al Quida.

Quote:
OCTOBER 8, 2009 11:35PM
Hey - the USA Created the Taliban and Al Quida !!!

It's not widely known nor reported by the Media that ironically it's the USA that "created" the Taliban and to a lesser extent made Al Quida what it is today !! Embarassing isn't it !! But it's true.

It dates back to the Soviet invasion/war in Afganistan. The Afgan Govmn't then was Communist and the oposition were the Moslem religious extreemsts - then called the "Mujahadeen". They are now called the Taliban. The Soviets were trying to prop up and save the Afgan Communist Govmn't. The USA of course wanted to defeat it and more so, the Soviets . So it went to great expense and effort to arm and train the Moslem extreemists and help them in every way possible come to power. What became Al Quida was also among the Moslem extreemists the USA armed and trained including Osama Bin Ladin who of course hated the Communists .

And guess who the president was when the Soviets invaded Afghanistan?
okie's beloved Ronald Reagan!

cicerone imposter

Tue 22 Mar, 2011 09:31 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Not only that, but when the US attacked Iraq, one of the happiest people on this planet was Bin Laden; he had more recruits to the Taliban than he could have by any other means. And we all know who started the second war in Iraq. okie's beloved GW Bush.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 06:38 am
Worst president ever: Obama
Gargamel

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 09:01 am
@H2O MAN,
Best lay ever: H2O's mom.
RABEL222

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 09:36 am
@Gargamel,
Lay off his mom. She cant help it if her get is defective.
0 Replies

okie

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 11:04 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

"Could have ties to al Quida" is not justification for our involvement in Libya.
Earth to ci. The point of my comment was that if the rebels have ties to Al Qaeda, that would be reason to consider not to become involved.
Cycloptichorn

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 11:05 am
@okie,
okie wrote:

cicerone imposter wrote:

Earth to ci. The point of my comment was that if the rebels have ties to Al Qaeda, that would be reason not to be involved.

There's no real information that they do have ties to AQ. Qadaffi certainly claims they do, but I'm sure you don't take him very seriously, do you?

Cycloptichorn
okie

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 11:11 am
@cicerone imposter,
Surely you are smart enough to know that sometimes the choice is essentially between bad and worse. We cannot control what we are given to choose from, we can only respond to the choices given us. In case you haven't realized it, this is a long way from a perfect world, ci. For example in World War II, Winston Churchill and FDR had to choose for us to ally with Communist Russia in order to defeat something far worse, Hitler and the Nazis.
okie

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 11:17 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
There's no real information that they do have ties to AQ. Qadaffi certainly claims they do, but I'm sure you don't take him very seriously, do you?

Cycloptichorn
The point is that we do not know for sure one way or the other, cyclops, I don't think. I am basing it on a quote from an Obama counter-terrorism advisor, as follows:
"Mr. Brennan worried that the Libyan rebels remained largely unknown to American officials, and could have ties to Al Qaeda.".

The point is, cyclops, the administration appears to be flying fairly blind these days. It may again be a case of a CIA that is utterly failing us, as it has in the past.
parados

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 11:20 am
@okie,
If you had **** for brains okie, you would keep posting here.

The point is we don't know if you have **** for brains so we should be careful, shouldn't we?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 11:41 am
@okie,
No, okie, the choice is not between bad and worse; it's between get involved or not get involved. We got involved with dire future consequences.

I agree with parados, you have **** for brains.
mysteryman

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 11:51 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
No, okie, the choice is not between bad and worse; it's between get involved or not get involved

I have to disagree with you here.
No matter which choice the US made, it was a case of "bad or worse" ,IMHO.

The reason I say that is that there was no "right" choice to make.
While I do not think we should have gotten involved, not doing something was a "bad" choice.
Especially if we could prevent the slaughter of innocent civilians be getting involved.
Getting involved and accomplishing nothing was the "worst" choice.

If our involvement accomplishes nothing, or if our involvement somehow causes more innocent deaths, then we will, once again, be seen by the arab world as aggressors and as the "bad guys".
That is the worst choice.

I would rather take the "bad" choice, instead of the "worst" choice.
0 Replies