okie

Mon 14 Feb, 2011 06:25 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Once in a great while, we might have to get extreme and use methods honed to a fine art by the Democrats.
parados

Mon 14 Feb, 2011 06:28 pm
@okie,
Oh.. you aren't much like them. You are EXACTLY like them.
okie

Mon 14 Feb, 2011 06:32 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
Oh.. you aren't much like them. You are EXACTLY like them.
So you admit to the extreme methods of public demonstrations used and honed to a fine art by Democrats, including "rent-a-mobs"?
Cycloptichorn

Mon 14 Feb, 2011 06:39 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:

Once in a great while, we might have to get extreme and use methods honed to a fine art by the Democrats.

If they are methods that truly needed 'honing,' what makes you think you would be any good at them? You have no practice at it!

So, yeah. Not too worried about that.

Cycloptichorn
okie

Mon 14 Feb, 2011 07:37 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Personally, I have never participated in any kind of demonstration. The main reasons are because I have been too busy doing what needed done in order to be a responsible citizen, going to school, working, and raising a family. It has always puzzled me why liberal activists thought it was so necessary to march around with signs to proclaim some radical or leftist cause. For leftists, I think it made them feel worthwhile, that they were somehow doing something great.

The closest I have ever considered going to a rally was seeing the Tea Party people and reading in the local paper about them. They were normal, upstanding citizens, and many are well respected business owners in the community that had never participated before in a rally.
parados

Mon 14 Feb, 2011 07:39 pm
@okie,
No, I admit you accused the Dems of something that the GOP didn't do then said the GOP does the exact same thing.

You don't know what you say from one post to the next okie. First you claim they don't do it. They you claim they do do it. Make up your mind.
okie

Mon 14 Feb, 2011 07:59 pm
@parados,
Are you interested in honest dialogue, or is your only aim to try to find some loophole or flaw in my posts, parados?
parados

Mon 14 Feb, 2011 08:01 pm
@okie,
If you truly wanted honest dialogue then you would be happy that someone is pointing out how dishonest your posts are.

I would hardly call it honesty on your part to say the Dems do something that the GOP doesn't when you turn around and admit the GOP does the same thing only a couple of posts later.
okie

Mon 14 Feb, 2011 08:07 pm
@parados,
Conservatives and Republicans can organize and carry out demonstrations, but I believe demonstrations are more often the finely honed skill of liberals and malcontents that usually do not have much of anything better to do. To further explain what I am talking about, most responsible people are so involved with making a living and being responsible, so that they typically do not become involved in demonstrations.
Rockhead

Mon 14 Feb, 2011 08:08 pm
@okie,
what about unemployed people, okie?

(when I talk to you, I find myself using the voice of boo boo bear. I'm not sure why...)
Cycloptichorn

Mon 14 Feb, 2011 08:09 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:

Conservatives and Republicans can organize and carry out demonstrations, but I believe demonstrations are more often the finely honed skill of liberals and malcontents that usually do not have much of anything better to do. To further explain what I am talking about, most responsible people are so involved with making a living and being responsible, so that they typically do not become involved in demonstrations.

So, as a Liberal, you think that I am not equally involved in those things? I don't have to make a living or be responsible?

Just want to be clear here on your worldview

Cycloptichorn
okie

Mon 14 Feb, 2011 08:09 pm
@Rockhead,
What about them? If they are unemployed and don't have much money, does somebody pay them to go take part in a demonstration?
Cycloptichorn

Mon 14 Feb, 2011 08:10 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

what about unemployed people, okie?

(when I talk to you, I find myself using the voice of boo boo bear. I'm not sure why...)

But Yogi, we didn't practice the Razzle-Dazzle!

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

okie

Mon 14 Feb, 2011 08:17 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I think, cyclops, that some leftist organizations probably pay people to demonstrate? For example, you can work for Greenpeace, Sierra Club, and other left wing activist groups. The list is very long. In contrast, I don't think farmers or oil company employees for example are ever paid for public activism. They are instead out working and producing something worthwhile for society.
parados

Mon 14 Feb, 2011 08:34 pm
@okie,
Quote:
I think, cyclops, that some leftist organizations probably pay people to demonstrate? For example, you can work for Greenpeace, Sierra Club, and other left wing activist groups.

And your evidence of these organizations paying people to demonstrate is what?
Oh..... You don't have any...

Paying people to be involved in political activities seems to be bad in your viewpoint... unless of course it's an oil lobbyist because they only do real work...
0 Replies

plainoldme

Mon 14 Feb, 2011 08:41 pm
@okie,
Quote:
The closest I have ever considered going to a rally was seeing the Tea Party people and reading in the local paper about them. They were normal, upstanding citizens, and many are well respected business owners in the community that had never participated before in a rally.

If the Tea Totalitarians are normal and upstanding, then the world has turned upside down. They seem undereducated, marginally literate thugs.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Mon 14 Feb, 2011 08:42 pm
@parados,
Besides, the anti-war and civil rights demonstrations of the 60s that this country badly needed were not conducted by Democrats but by leftists. There were centrists who participated, however.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Mon 14 Feb, 2011 08:43 pm
@Rockhead,
Not just the unemployed but the 80% of AMerican workers whose buying power today is exactly what it was in 1979.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Mon 14 Feb, 2011 08:44 pm
@okie,
Republicans pay people to take part in demonstrations and to rewrite posts on wiki.
Cycloptichorn

Mon 14 Feb, 2011 09:30 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:

I think, cyclops, that some leftist organizations probably pay people to demonstrate? For example, you can work for Greenpeace, Sierra Club, and other left wing activist groups.

Wow, you really are new to this.

You don't have to pay people to protest. These groups just ask people to do it. I wouldn't say that all those tea partiers who have come out to various things got paid to do it, would you? You should understand that the guys on the other side feel the same way about their issues.

Cycloptichorn