realjohnboy

Tue 4 Jan, 2011 04:18 pm
@ican711nm,
Try factcheck.org to read the language of Sec 203 starting on page 95.
I thought you said you had read the bill. Perhaps that was someone else.
cicerone imposter

Tue 4 Jan, 2011 04:21 pm
@ican711nm,
ican, You're including **** that's not in the legislation. Where you get this info is from this erroneous assumption:

Quote:
Section 205 a-1 Page 95-96: The Government will establish an outreach program to inform, educate, and enroll participants, directed at "vulnerable" populations and to be accomplished in person at "community locations", by mail, telephone, or electronically. Tailor made for ACORN and Americorps.

"Tailor made for ACORN and Americorps?" ROTFLAMO

You guys can imagine all kinds of stuff that's not in ObamaCare.

Try honesty for a change.

FYI, I'm against ObamaCare, but for many reasons I've already posted often on these boards. It's not made up **** like you guys love to misinform. Death Panels and government takeover of health care is a big lie that you guys continue to perpetuate.

Show us evidence, anyware in the ObamaCare legislation, where they mention ACORN?
okie

Tue 4 Jan, 2011 05:18 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Show us evidence, anyware in the ObamaCare legislation, where they mention ACORN?
Anyware?? Laughing
cicerone imposter

Tue 4 Jan, 2011 05:20 pm
@okie,
You having problems with English now?
okie

Tue 4 Jan, 2011 05:47 pm
@cicerone imposter,
No, but I was wondering if you are? By the way, I think ican is right, Obama would use ACORN for doing lots of things if we let him. Remember the Census?
mysteryman

Tue 4 Jan, 2011 07:51 pm
@okie,
You mean you never heard of Andre's sister Anny?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Tue 4 Jan, 2011 08:17 pm
@okie,
It's because any organization not considered criminal can apply to work for the feds. That includes you - if your record is clean.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Tue 4 Jan, 2011 09:58 pm
@okie,
I know you have no idea who Leo Strauss was although everything you do is by his play book.

How do you feel about the ring in your nose becoming fashionable?
0 Replies

plainoldme

Tue 4 Jan, 2011 09:59 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
In what year do you think the Republicans will legalize soylent green?
0 Replies

plainoldme

Tue 4 Jan, 2011 10:01 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:

Obamacare is about to get repealed.

Good. Enough of this kowtowing to Repuglican compromise stuff. Bring on single payer.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Tue 4 Jan, 2011 10:02 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
Obamacare was created by anti-American idiots and it's supported by the ignorant.

Obamacare was modeled on Romneycare and was designed as a compromise, along the line of DADT.

It was Obama reaching across the aisle.

Betcha like Romneycare, right?
0 Replies

plainoldme

Tue 4 Jan, 2011 10:06 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
You having problems with English now?

Now? He's had problems with English for a long time.
cicerone imposter

Tue 4 Jan, 2011 10:16 pm
@plainoldme,
Tiny brains sees tiny errors to bring to your attention. That proves the point. Spelling and grammar is not that big a deal, except to people like okie who can't deal with reality and facts - of the real world.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Wed 5 Jan, 2011 05:11 am
Did pom just throw up on another thread?
0 Replies

revelette

Wed 5 Jan, 2011 07:30 am
In response to Ican's rehashed list:

Twenty-six Lies About H.R. 3200

Quote:
Claim: Page 95: The Government will pay ACORN and Americorps to sign up individuals for Government-run Health Care plan.

False: This page is the start of “SEC. 205. OUTREACH AND ENROLLMENT OF EXCHANGE-ELIGIBLE INDIVIDUALS AND EMPLOYERS IN EXCHANGE-PARTICIPATING HEALTH BENEFITS PLAN.” It says a newly established Health Choices Commissioner “shall conduct outreach activities” to get people covered by private or government health insurance plans. The section says on page 97 that the Commissioner “may work with other appropriate entities to facilitate … provision of information.” But there is no authorization anywhere in the entire section for the Commissioner to pay money to any group to engage in outreach.

Quote:
Claim: Page 321: Hospital expansion hinges on “community” input: in other words, yet another payoff for ACORN.

False. Page 321 says rural, doctor-owned hospitals that are exempt from the Medicaid self-referral prohibition can ask to be allowed to expand under rules that must allow “input” from “persons or entities in the community.” Under that language, anybody in the community could offer their opinion, but nobody – not ACORN or anybody else – would be paid for it.

Quote:
Claim: Page 469: Community-based Home Medical Services: more payoffs for ACORN.

False. This section defines the term "community-based medical home" as a "nonprofit community-based or State-based organization" that "provides beneficiaries with medical home services." ACORN does not provide medical home services. The section goes on to say such a medical service is one that "employs community health workers, including nurses or other non-physician practitioners, lay health workers, or other persons as determined appropriate by the Secretary, that assist the primary or principal care physician or nurse practitioner in chronic care management activities." The only thing ACORN has in common with that description is the word "community."It’s a community organization that offers services such as free tax preparation help and first-time home buyer counseling for low- and moderate-income people. It also works to register people to vote, and a few of its canvassers have been investigated for registration fraud, a point of concern during the presidential campaign.
0 Replies

parados

Wed 5 Jan, 2011 10:00 am
@okie,
okie wrote:

No, but I was wondering if you are? By the way, I think ican is right, Obama would use ACORN for doing lots of things if we let him. Remember the Census?

Quote:
Q: Is ACORN providing workers for the 2010 census?

A: No. ACORN employees will not be taking the census. The group is one of more than 30,000 "partners" that will help publicize the event.

http://www.factcheck.org/2009/06/acorn-and-the-census/

It seems you don't remember the Census okie.
cicerone imposter

Wed 5 Jan, 2011 11:50 am
@parados,
okie loves to perpetuate lies about Obama and ACORN. He never does a factcheck to make sure what he hears from FOX News is in fact the truth or fiction, so he repeats those lies here.

This paragraph from the article is all-telling about ACORN:
Quote:
And Bachmann is flat wrong about ACORN going door-to-door and gathering data. Being "partners" with the Census Bureau doesn’t entail as close a relationship as one might think. For the most part it involves getting the word out that it’s important for everyone to participate in the decennial event that helps determine where federal money goes and how House of Representatives district boundaries are redrawn.
0 Replies

Irishk

Wed 5 Jan, 2011 12:46 pm
Minutes ago...on CSpan...Joe Biden swearing in newly elected Senators then posing for pictures with the new Senators and their extended families.

One of the grandchildren of Sen. Johnny Isakson asks VP Biden, "Do you think you could get a LEGO shop built here??"

Joe replies, "I think that's a GREAT idea. We'll put that in the State of the Union!"

So cute LOL.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Wed 5 Jan, 2011 02:56 pm
Good afternoon. I can't recall on which thread we recently talked about the "death panels" coming. It probably doesn't matter since the same A2Kers are on the same political type threads.
Anyway, it appears from an article in the NYTimes yesterday and on NPR today that the Obama admin has reversed course.
> The health care bill makes no mention of end-of-life planning.
> Regulations implementing the provisions of the bill (made public in November which took effect January 1st) did include such voluntary advance care planning discussions in the annual physical examinations covered by Medicare.
Now the administration has dropped any mention of voluntary advance planning, although it appears that beneficiaries still will have the ability to talk about it with their doctors.
So, if I read it right, the phrase voluntary advance planning has been dropped, perhaps killing the argument of government encouraged euthanasia (John Boehner) or telling grandma she should just die.
cicerone imposter

Wed 5 Jan, 2011 03:07 pm
@realjohnboy,
Boehner is now speaker of the house. God save us!