realjohnboy

Mon 31 May, 2010 06:39 pm
@mysteryman,
That sentence about duty to die for their country caused my head to snap back also, Jeff.
I hope we can get some clarification from Gargamel about that. I suspect it was no more than a poor choice of words.
H2O MAN

Mon 31 May, 2010 06:40 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

Quote:
Whereas the formers' duty was to die for their country.

Your ignorance about the military is shocking.

You either totally misunderstand the military, or you have complete disdain for them.

BOTH!
0 Replies

Gargamel

Mon 31 May, 2010 09:38 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

Quote:
Whereas the formers' duty was to die for their country.

Your ignorance about the military is shocking.
It is NOT the duty of servicemen and women to die for their country, their duty is to defend their country.

And yes, there is a difference. If a soldier can defend his country without dying and without killing anyone, thats perfectly fine with them.

You either totally misunderstand the military, or you have complete disdain for them.

You mean people don't want to die? I'm blown away by your insight, mysteryman. Only the brightest of eleven-year-olds could taken that trifling, completely pointless angle my post. I can see you high-fiving yourself and telling your imaginary friends all about it.

You're either completely boring and the antithesis of your moniker, or completely boring and the antithesis of your moniker.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Mon 31 May, 2010 09:46 pm
@realjohnboy,
That people take everything so literally is one of the many reasons this is the funniest thread in the history of A2K. Do I really have to spell it out? No **** a soldier's duty is to defend his country. But in implicit in that duty is an understanding that he may have to put his life on the line to fulfill that duty.

Here's wishing you a speedy recovery from the violent whiplash my cryptic and utterly baffling choice of words caused you.
0 Replies

okie

Mon 31 May, 2010 11:23 pm
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:

That is all right -- you are just a typical Rep creep. Your statement, for some reason, reminded me of Mitch McConnell saying that the financial reform legislation would provide for permanent bail outs, when it does the opposite. You Reps oppose everything, the country be damned.

"A typical Rep creep?"
I don't know about other patriotic and law abiding Republicans that love this country, but I take that statement as very insulting, and frankly as wrong as wrong can be. Advocate, I would suggest you read the article written by one of the greatest generals in the history of the American military as well as one of the greatest presidents in the history of the United States, titled "Why I am a Republican," posted in the thread that I started here:
http://able2know.org/topic/144183-1

I believe now as Eisenhower staunchly believed then that Republicans oppose policies that are bad for this country, while Democrats push any liberal policy, the country be damned. The situation now is not far different from the way Eisenhower described the situation when he wrote his article in 1964, and he explained very well why the Republican Party best aligns with the best interests of the United States of America and all of the honorable values upon which the country was founded. If anything, I think the Democrats have gravitated to a far more liberal platform for their party, and are pushing harder more and more extreme liberal policies, the country be damned. Ike would be turning over in his grave if he knew how many communists and Marxist sympathizers have been appointed by the current president Obama.

Eisenhower personally saw the reality of soldiers giving their last drop of blood fighting the forces of extremist leftist idealogies, and so I do not believe he would take kindly to the statement you have just made, Advocate, in fact I think you would be viewed with extreme disdain and contempt by him, one of the greatest Americans in history, and a man that deeply understood the realities of political idealogies and their effects.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Tue 1 Jun, 2010 06:59 am

Obama at the Bat
okie

Tue 1 Jun, 2010 10:17 am
@H2O MAN,
H2OMAN and other conservative leaning posters here, have you noticed the same things I have about A2K Obama supporters, etc.? Here is my general impression. Lukewarm Obama voters / supporters have been rather quiet and slow to defend Obama, while the radicals have resorted more to thumbs down actions than actual meaningful arguments anymore. For example, POM spends most of her time clicking on thumbs down icons, rather than formulating any grand pronouncements of how conservative Republicans are so evil, I suspect because hardly anyone takes her seriously anymore, including fellow liberals. Her most hard hitting posts aimed at me lately have been largely that of criticizing my English and writing skills, ha ha!!

POM and fellow libs are in desperate need of another whipping boy that they can construct now that Bush, Cheney, and Gingrich are not easily used anymore. So be on the lookout folks for any dumb Republican in the spotlight that might pull a boner of some kind, such a Repub would be dead meat for the Liberal press and the Democrats.
Below viewing threshold (view)
Cycloptichorn

Tue 1 Jun, 2010 12:56 pm
@okie,
I'm sure you wouldn't claim that all Obama supporters refuse to engage your arguments head on, would you, Okie?

Cycloptichorn
dyslexia

Tue 1 Jun, 2010 01:28 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

I'm sure you wouldn't claim that all Obama supporters refuse to engage your arguments head on, would you, Okie?

Cycloptichorn
engage Okies arguments? lol
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Tue 1 Jun, 2010 02:05 pm
@okie,

Okie, well said... you nailed POM with one swing of the hammer.

Obamabots are at a loss and unable to accept that the inexperienced Obama is in way over his head.
Obamabots need to own up to the fact that they elected a guy without questioning his experience or motives.
Obamabots owe this country and the whats left of the free world a huge apology for putting this man child in office.

0 Replies

Butrflynet

Tue 1 Jun, 2010 02:29 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

Most of us have better things to do with our time...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Tue 1 Jun, 2010 02:32 pm
@okie,
Okie said...

"I suspect because hardly anyone takes her seriously anymore,"

and this made me chuckle.

who takes you serious, okie?

besides ican and waterboy, i mean...
H2O MAN

Tue 1 Jun, 2010 02:36 pm

Most of us have better things to do with our time than support Obama.
0 Replies

okie

Tue 1 Jun, 2010 02:38 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

who takes you serious, okie?

People that use logic. That would eliminate most liberals, Rockhead, which perhaps includes you?
Rockhead

Tue 1 Jun, 2010 02:39 pm
@okie,
why don't you make us a list.

i'll wait.
okie

Tue 1 Jun, 2010 02:45 pm
@Rockhead,
Why would you waste your precious time, Rocky, you have already insinuated you do not take me serious anyway, or were you lying? Do we now need to talk about whether you and other liberals lie or not?
H2O MAN

Tue 1 Jun, 2010 02:46 pm

A prime example of the general lack of support liberals are currently showing Obama.

President Spock's behavior is illogical.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Tue 1 Jun, 2010 02:46 pm
@okie,
where did I volunteer to be one of your liberals?

I'm an independent.
okie

Tue 1 Jun, 2010 02:50 pm
@Rockhead,
Interesting post. Many liberals do claim to be "independent." Many liberals have a hard time making a stand, so they would rather be seen as fence riders.

To clarify things for us, would you care to explain yourself a bit better, you may be an independent in terms of party affiliation, yes or no, or are you a registered Democrat? More importantly, in regard to actual political philosophy, are you more liberal or more conservative, what would be your claim? Did you vote for Obama, and how enthusiastic was your vote? That would tell us much about your political philosophy.