cicerone imposter

Sat 19 Sep, 2009 03:50 pm
@georgeob1,
He might seem that he talks too much, but most people haven't learned much about anything from Obama. Have you? Perhaps, I'm one of those people who expect to learn something new when the president speaks to the nation about a) health care, b) domestic policies, c) wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and d) our economy.

If Obama is talking too much, it seems to me that most Americans are not pleased with what they hear - and his performance rating has been suffering.

I know Obama is no Reagan, but for an intelligent fellow, he seems to be missing "the boat."
0 Replies

mysteryman

Sat 19 Sep, 2009 04:31 pm
@Advocate,
Quote:
It is just that the right can't stand to see a black president succeed.

Must you always be this insulting?

Where have I ever said, written, or given any indication that I am opposed to Obama on racial grounds?

And why are you such a racist?
You must be, the way you keep bringing race into everything.
0 Replies

maporsche

Sat 19 Sep, 2009 04:53 pm
I'm really surprised that more people aren't upset that Obama is continuing the warrentless wiretapping program that Bush started.

WFT is wrong with Obama supporters? Are you not able to recognize when your president is ******* up?
mysteryman

Sat 19 Sep, 2009 04:54 pm
@maporsche,
You miss the point.
Since Obama is doing it, it must be OK and for the good of the country.

If a repub is doing it, its evil and unconstitutional.
cicerone imposter

Sat 19 Sep, 2009 04:58 pm
@maporsche,
It's not only the wire-taping that's got me upset with Obama; he promised transparency in his government, but he's hiding too much **** including keeping secret which banks got bailout funds. From what I understand, they're not sharing that info, because they're afraid they'll have runs on those smaller banks, but the reality is that even the big banks that got bailout (TARP) funds, returned some of that money with interest.

As far as I'm concerned, he's failed big-time on letting the people know exactly how he intends to fund universal health care.
maporsche

Sat 19 Sep, 2009 05:02 pm
@mysteryman,
Well, while I have no doubt that there are those on the left who are so shallow that this change of mind will not affect them.

I am not one who will forget the stance I took against Bush and this program. I believe it was wrong when Bush did it; it's wrong with Obama doing it.

I'm sure someone will say I feel this way because Obama is black.
mysteryman

Sat 19 Sep, 2009 05:05 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
I'm sure someone will say I feel this way because Obama is black.

Of course thats it.
And it wont be long before eoe or her allies will claim that since you dont think its ok to wiretap illegally, you are a racist.
0 Replies

maporsche

Sat 19 Sep, 2009 05:05 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Then you have guys like Cyclops, who just a few weeks ago said that he doesn't think Obama has done enough wrong to start bitching about him.
0 Replies

roger

Sat 19 Sep, 2009 05:22 pm
@maporsche,
Believe it or not, after all this time I still haven't firmly decided whether national security trumps personal liberty or not. It's tough. But I do note Obama's shifts of position.
mysteryman

Sat 19 Sep, 2009 05:25 pm
@revel,
I thought the whole "patriot Act" was a bad idea, so if the whole thing expires I wont mind or complain.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Sat 19 Sep, 2009 05:28 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

I'm really surprised that more people aren't upset that Obama is continuing the warrentless wiretapping program that Bush started.

I don't have a tv. Could you provide a link to a recent story about this "continuing?" Thank you.
cicerone imposter

Sat 19 Sep, 2009 05:28 pm
@roger,
roger, When put in the context of how Bush lied about Iraq and so many other things, what Bush did was wrong to perform a) illegal wiretaps, b) torture, and c) ignoring habeas corpus.
0 Replies

maporsche

Sat 19 Sep, 2009 05:30 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:

maporsche wrote:

I don't have a tv. Could you provide a link to a recent story about this "continuing?" Thank you.

MM posted this link a few pages ago.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090915/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/us_patriot_act
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Sat 19 Sep, 2009 05:32 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

(H)e's hiding too much **** including keeping secret which banks got bailout funds. From what I understand, they're not sharing that info, because they're afraid they'll have runs on those smaller banks...

Where does this **** come from? I follow the banking industry closely and I can't find a source for the "keeping secret" claim. Can you? Thank you.
spendius

Sat 19 Sep, 2009 05:39 pm
@realjohnboy,
Do you really not have a TV rjb?
dyslexia

Sat 19 Sep, 2009 05:40 pm
this entire thread has become a crock of ****. Obama was not elected because of his ideas/political philosophy/knowledge or skills. He was elected because he was a symbol for everything the Bush admin was not. I am delighted that Obama won the election and my delight is also not much more than symbolic. No person that has the knowledge/skills/abilities to solve america's problems would ever run for election nor would he/she ever be electable. The american electorate wants someone in the whitehouse they like, not someone who will do want needs to be done.
cicerone imposter

Sat 19 Sep, 2009 05:45 pm
@realjohnboy,
rjb, Because it's you, I'm going to go hunt down that article, but you'll owe me a beer when I find it!

Here's one from the Washington Post, but this isn't exactly what I remember reading.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/07/19/AR2009071901770.html
realjohnboy

Sat 19 Sep, 2009 05:45 pm
@spendius,
No tv, spendius. And no cell phone (though I sometimes walk around with a thumb in my mouth and a forefinger in my ear pretending that I do).
spendius

Sat 19 Sep, 2009 05:46 pm
@dyslexia,
Did women vote for him in greater numbers than men did? I definitely picked up a vibe in that direction at the time but I might have been imagining things.
0 Replies

spendius

Sat 19 Sep, 2009 05:49 pm
@realjohnboy,
Well rjb- I have no cell phone either. But you need a TV in my opinion. You could get pulled up by a traffic cop for an offence you had never thought of before if you don't keep up to date on TV.