Yankee

Tue 28 Jul, 2009 07:48 am
http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/us/2009/07/26/nr.comrade.in.arms.cnn

COP SAYS OBAMA LOST HER VOTE
0 Replies

Advocate

Tue 28 Jul, 2009 08:02 am
@cicerone imposter,
I see you don't deny calling various people bigots.
0 Replies

okie

Tue 28 Jul, 2009 08:56 am
@Diest TKO,
Diest TKO wrote:

This reminds me of the McCain rally I went to here in northern Virginia. I saw a lady spouting anti-Obama slogans and selling buttons. She got a lot of attention and sold a hell of a lot. I told her I didn't want a button or a shirt. Interestingly, later a friend found a video blogger who had attended the same rallies as me and thought I might appreciate it. When the McCain rally part happened, I saw the guy interview the same woman after the rally. she started the anti-Obama rant and then finally started to laugh and then took off her t-shirt to reveal that she was wearing an Obama shirt under it. she then counted all the money she made that day.

I laughed soooooooo hard. The Dems know business, they know capitalism.

T
K
O

Good illustration of a phony Dem. You think they know business and capitalism, but maybe its more accurately described as knowing how to cheat. Cheating is an art. Expand it to a national scale, and ACORN is a good example. By the way, cheaters can use capitalism, or they can use politics, to further their craft. Cheating is a well developed skill by the Democratic Party.
dyslexia

Tue 28 Jul, 2009 08:58 am
@okie,
you are making even less sense than usual okie.
parados

Tue 28 Jul, 2009 09:01 am
@dyslexia,
The only way okie loses is if the other side cheats. That's why he loves America and can't understand why anyone here "complains". He never does.
0 Replies

okie

Tue 28 Jul, 2009 09:30 am
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

you are making even less sense than usual okie.

The woman was something of a fraud, dys. And ACORN is as well. Makes total sense. The health legislation is all being done without a full accounting of consequences and cost, long enough to fully debate. I also call that fraud. Remember the stimulus package, it had to be on Obama's desk that weekend. That was months ago. It was all fraud, nothing had to be done right then. The Dems use scare tactics and deceit. Wake up, people. Some of us can see it clearly. Wake up out of your trance of worshiping Obama. The guy is not anything special, he is a corrupt Chicago politician with no experience that has convinced you that he has ability or experience, and he doesn't. Dys, you and people like you need to wake up and start making sense out of what is going on around you.
cicerone imposter

Tue 28 Jul, 2009 09:51 am
@okie,
okie, You claim you can see it clearly, but almost 99% of your posts are fear-mongering without any basis in fact or evidence.

You keep bringing up ACORN, but haven't proved they broke any laws.

CLUE: You're the only one making the accusation, because if laws were broken, you would be able to produce them here.

You can't. It proves you are an ignoramus.
0 Replies

parados

Tue 28 Jul, 2009 10:02 am
@okie,
Quote:
The Dems use scare tactics and deceit. Wake up, people. Some of us can see it clearly. Wake up out of your trance of worshiping Obama. The guy is not anything special, he is a corrupt Chicago politician with no experience that has convinced you that he has ability or experience, and he doesn't. Dys, you and people like you need to wake up and start making sense out of what is going on around you.

Didn't you just tell us the other day, you were trying to convince how GREAT America was? Now you are telling us what?

How GREAT America is?
Cycloptichorn

Tue 28 Jul, 2009 10:05 am
@okie,
Just think of it as 'shock and awe.' You'll feel better that way.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Tue 28 Jul, 2009 10:06 am
@parados,
okie wants it both ways, because that's his MO; he's totally confused!
0 Replies

Debra Law

Tue 28 Jul, 2009 11:19 am
@okie,
okie wrote:

Please don't take this thread off in that direction, but obviously abortion is based upon the right to privacy, which is pure invention. I am not going to argue this point. Suffice it to say that even some people in favor of abortion see this as a very bad decision, not constitutionally sound.

Obviously, you fail to understand that the constitution secures ALL liberty interests, great and small, from arbitrary or unreasonable or oppressive government intrusions or deprivations. The constitution is not a charter of rights. In other words, the people did not surrender the entire universe of liberty interests and rights to the government merely to have a few doled back to them in a bill of rights. The people retained everything; surrendered nothing. Accordingly, even though the constitution does not explicitly state that you have the right to wear a hat or to establish your own bedtime, you still have those rights. The government cannot take any freedom away from you or anyone else unless it serves a legitimate, important, or compelling government interest--and there are some rights that are so important that the government can never justify taking them away (e.g., the right to marry and establish a family).
0 Replies

spendius

Tue 28 Jul, 2009 12:03 pm
@okie,
okie--I think Diest TKO made that story up.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Tue 28 Jul, 2009 01:44 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:

Diest TKO wrote:

This reminds me of the McCain rally I went to here in northern Virginia. I saw a lady spouting anti-Obama slogans and selling buttons. She got a lot of attention and sold a hell of a lot. I told her I didn't want a button or a shirt. Interestingly, later a friend found a video blogger who had attended the same rallies as me and thought I might appreciate it. When the McCain rally part happened, I saw the guy interview the same woman after the rally. she started the anti-Obama rant and then finally started to laugh and then took off her t-shirt to reveal that she was wearing an Obama shirt under it. she then counted all the money she made that day.

I laughed soooooooo hard. The Dems know business, they know capitalism.

T
K
O

Good illustration of a phony Dem. You think they know business and capitalism, but maybe its more accurately described as knowing how to cheat. Cheating is an art. Expand it to a national scale, and ACORN is a good example. By the way, cheaters can use capitalism, or they can use politics, to further their craft. Cheating is a well developed skill by the Democratic Party.

Cheat? How did she cheat? The people who bought her product got exactly what they paid for did they not? They got exactly what they wanted did they not? Is your complaint that the democrat got the last laugh on the way to the bank?

T
K
O
cicerone imposter

Tue 28 Jul, 2009 01:55 pm
@Diest TKO,
okie understand nothing; he even thinks a retailer cheated when the customer got what they paid for. okie is one confused ignoramus!
0 Replies

aidan

Tue 28 Jul, 2009 01:58 pm
@Diest TKO,
Diest - even I can see how that's cheating. They thought they were contributing to one thing and she fooled them into contributing to something they would never otherwise have contributed to.

When I buy a poppy or a keychain - I don't want the poppy or key chain - I'm contributing to a cause that means something to me - like veteran's hospitals and/or nature conservancy.
If they told me (or led me to believe in any way) they were selling those things in support of those causes and then I found out they were funding the British National Party with the money - I'd be pissed (angry - not drunk) - and feel very cheated.
Diest TKO

Tue 28 Jul, 2009 02:01 pm
@aidan,
aidan wrote:

Diest - even I can see how that's cheating. They thought they were contributing to one thing and she fooled them into contributing to something they would never otherwise have contributed to.

When I buy a poppy or a keychain - I don't want the poppy or key chain - I'm contributing to a cause that means something to me - like veteran's hospitals and/or nature conservancy.
If I found out they told me they were selling those things in support of those causes and then I found out they were funding the British National Party with the money - I'd be pissed (angry - not drunk) - and feel very cheated.

You aren't describing cheating aiden.

Cheating is violating a rule or rules. What rules were violated?

T
K
O
JTT

Tue 28 Jul, 2009 02:02 pm
@aidan,
There was no cheating, Aidan. They got a button or a T-shirt at a price they agree upon.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Tue 28 Jul, 2009 02:03 pm
@aidan,
Not to mention that unscrupulous types misrepresenting something like that, for their own pruposes, are likely to create huge amounts of distrust that hurt all legitimate causes.
aidan

Tue 28 Jul, 2009 02:06 pm
@Diest TKO,
Semantics. Scary that you can be so lacking in integrity to support such manipulation.

Hopefully you'll be amenable to it if/when it ever happens to you - maybe when you buy a t shirt supporting a woman's right to choose and the woman whips off her outer t-shirt and you find out you've just funded some rabid, right-wing right to life group.
aidan

Tue 28 Jul, 2009 02:10 pm
@Foxfyre,
Quote:
Not to mention that unscrupulous types misrepresenting something like that, for their own pruposes, are likely to create huge amounts of distrust that hurt all legitimate causes.

Exactly! The thought of wanting to 'win' anything using such methods...whatever happened to 'fair play'?

And I voted for Obama - but that sort of thing makes me cringe- as if he needed or wanted that sort of underhanded crap done on his behalf or in his name.