cicerone imposter

Mon 26 Jan, 2009 02:28 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:
Quote:
I do not think the arguments about creating more terrorists have to depend upon the chosen causes of entering a war, oe, as I have pointed out, it hinges upon whether the populace there perceives the actions of war to be taken against innocent people, or not even innocent people necessarily, it hinges upon the idea that waging war makes those people more angry, and the people that support them more angry.

Are you trying to convince us that the US preemptive attack on Iraq didn't accomplish exactly this tome?
0 Replies

old europe

Mon 26 Jan, 2009 02:56 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:
I do not think the arguments about creating more terrorists have to depend upon the chosen causes of entering a war, oe, as I have pointed out, it hinges upon whether the populace there perceives the actions of war to be taken against innocent people, or not even innocent people necessarily, it hinges upon the idea that waging war makes those people more angry, and the people that support them more angry.

I agree.

okie wrote:
True, and do not mistake me for agreeing with the left, I am simply using their past arguments of logic against their own positions, which includes you.

It doesn't.

However, if you feel that I've held, in the past, the position you're presenting here, feel free to link to a post where I have made those statements.

okie wrote:
That is the point, and it creates more terrorists, that according to your side's argument against Bush, and I repeat, I am simply turning the same reasoning onto Obama. I am encouraging lefties to be consistent.

Very nice of you. Well, to honor your request, I assume I'm going to criticize the Obama administration similar to the Bush administration if it ends up implementing a similar policy in Pakistan that Bush implemented in Iraq.

However, I can also point you to my posts where I have said that, in my opinion, now that Iraq has been invaded and occupied, the United States are largely responsible for the reconstruction. I have the same opinion in regard to Afghanistan, with the caveat that invading and occupying Afghanistan was more of an international effort to begin with, and the reconstruction effort should be structured in a similar way.

okie wrote:
Quote:
You'll certainly be able to point out which contradiction you're referring to. So far, I haven't seen you even trying to make that case.

That is a subject in itself, but just a couple for starters. [unrelated stuff]

I'm sorry, that wasn't clear enough. Let me rephrase it: You'll certainly be able to point out which contradiction in regard to the policy Obama is implementing in Afghanistan and Pakistan you're referring to. So far, I haven't seen you even trying to make that case.

okie wrote:
I understand it perfectly. It was political, it was because they did not want Bush to succeed. They did not like the man, and they began to build a case against Bush from the time he was elected in his first term.

Maybe true in America. I'm not entirely sure, but it's my impression that the rest of the world is less obsessed with which political party is in charge of the White House. The opposition to Bush grew as it became apparent that the neocons were bent on invading Iraq, in spite of the fact that Saddam was not connected to the 9/11 attacks.

I understand, though, that every opposition to a specific politician can be interpreted as merely political opposition, no matter how seriously he actually messes things up.

okie wrote:
It is hypocrisy when the criticisms leveled against Bush are not used against Obama for doing the very same thing.

That is certainly true. You'll certainly be able to back up those claims.

okie wrote:
I think Obama himself criticized Bush for innocent people dying in Pakistan and Afghanistan, and he is going to pretend that drones are not going to have collateral damage.

Well, by all means, present your evidence...

okie wrote:
The man is a joke, and always has been, but people fail to see the phoniness.

That's maybe because you're not very good at pointing out the phoniness.

okie wrote:
I can't know all the posts you have made, but I think you largely come down on the left pretty consistently.

And all people who largely come down on the left think alike, right? Is that the extent of the point you're making here?

okie wrote:
I have never claimed a conspiracy. It is just what they do because the vast majority are liberal minded, more so than the general population, and this is supported by the data.

Then present the data.
0 Replies

Farmgirl25

Mon 26 Jan, 2009 03:10 pm
@sozobe,
i myself hate obama! i think he is just gonna run this country into the ground, but thats just my opinion.
Cycloptichorn

Mon 26 Jan, 2009 03:13 pm
@Farmgirl25,
Farmgirl25 wrote:

i myself hate obama! i think he is just gonna run this country into the ground, but thats just my opinion.

Why do you think that?

Hate is a pretty strong emotion; did he punch you or something?

Cycloptichorn
Farmgirl25

Mon 26 Jan, 2009 03:19 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
no he didn't punch me i just do not like him or his ideas... so i'm guessing that you like him???
Cycloptichorn

Mon 26 Jan, 2009 03:20 pm
@Farmgirl25,
Farmgirl25 wrote:

no he didn't punch me i just do not like him or his ideas... so i'm guessing that you like him???

Of course I do. I certainly spent enough time working to get him elected.

Do you specifically not like something about him or his ideas, or is this sort of just a general disdain for him and his ideas with no specifics?

Cycloptichorn
Farmgirl25

Mon 26 Jan, 2009 03:24 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
just in general nothing that he has said or done i like. I just think that this country is going to be nothing but turmoil.
Cycloptichorn

Mon 26 Jan, 2009 03:28 pm
@Farmgirl25,
Farmgirl25 wrote:

just in general nothing that he has said or done i like. I just think that this country is going to be nothing but turmoil.

Why do you think that?

It's hard for me to believe why people would have antipathy towards him. I understand that not everybody shares the same political views, but he's hardly a bad person who has done things to hurt anyone.

I'm wondering what sort of turmoil do you think the country will be experiencing?

Cycloptichorn
Farmgirl25

Mon 26 Jan, 2009 03:34 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
well i think that the country will experience alot of bad things. one think that obama wants to do is close down the prison which holds all the most dangerous ppl from around the world in it, so is he just gonna let them free or what because they are highly dangerous.
cicerone imposter

Mon 26 Jan, 2009 03:39 pm
@Farmgirl25,
Just to opine that the country will experience a lot of bad things seems you are coming to conclusions without any evidence. Please explain how and why "bad things" will be experienced by our country?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Mon 26 Jan, 2009 03:40 pm
@Farmgirl25,
Farmgirl25 wrote:

well i think that the country will experience alot of bad things. one think that obama wants to do is close down the prison which holds all the most dangerous ppl from around the world in it, so is he just gonna let them free or what because they are highly dangerous.

Who told you he was just going to let all those people go? They are talking about throwing them in Leavenworth or even Alcatraz.

I wonder where you've been hearing your information, re: the level of dangerousness of the inmates at Guantanamo Bay prison. I don't think anyone would describe them as the 'most dangerous people from around the world.' In fact, Bush let go roughly a third of the prison population within the last year; was that something that is worthy of hate?

The truth is that the vast majority of those incarcerated there never committed any crime, and deserve to be released. The rest deserve to be tried and sentenced for their crimes.

Do you think we should keep holding people there, with no law, no trial, or anything?

What if they decided you were one of those bad people? Still cool with there being no laws and no trials? What if it was your brother, or mom or dad?

If not, then you ought to be supporting Obama.

Cycloptichorn
Farmgirl25

Mon 26 Jan, 2009 03:44 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
well actually my brother, my mom, & my dad wouldn't be able to because they are not with us anymore... they have passed away, but anyway i know that i wouldn't be in that situation so i don't have to worry about it and secondly i will never support obama!!!
0 Replies

Setanta

Mon 26 Jan, 2009 03:47 pm
I think it is foolish to advise this person to support Obama, it just ain't gonna happen--but i also see her remarks as unreasoning hate. I suspect that this member is either very young and ill-informed, or just simply ill-informed. It sounds to me as though Farmgirl is just regurgitating hateful partisan rhetoric which was not clearly articulated to begin with (propaganda is the more effective as it is less precise and less truthful), and which she is now unable to reasonably articulate at all.
Farmgirl25

Mon 26 Jan, 2009 03:50 pm
@Setanta,
well no matter how old i am i know what i'm talking about and your right it ain't gonna happen, i won't support obama.
Frank Apisa

Mon 26 Jan, 2009 03:52 pm
@Farmgirl25,
Quote:
well no matter how old i am i know what i'm talking about and your right it ain't gonna happen, i won't support obama.

Whew! I was really worried these assholes were gonna talk you into it. What a relief!
Farmgirl25

Mon 26 Jan, 2009 03:53 pm
@Frank Apisa,
def not!!!!
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Mon 26 Jan, 2009 03:54 pm
@Farmgirl25,
Farmgirl25 wrote:

Okay, you've told us about some of his ideas that you dislike. Why do you also dislike him?
Setanta

Mon 26 Jan, 2009 03:55 pm
The information you gave in another thread is that you are 15 years of age ("almost 16"). I consider you terribly ill-informed, as, for example, your remarks about Guantanamo show. There's nothing wrong with being 15, but if a 15 year old wants his or her remarks on a subject as complex and subtlely nuanced as politics to be taken serious, then he or she needs to be well-informed and able to substantiate accusations such as you have been making.

You don't appear to be well-informed at all, and when Cyclo asked you just how the nation would be thrown into turmoil, you had no answer. There is no good reason, so far, to take what you say seriously. Show some knowledge of the subject and you might be taken seriously, but for now, you just sound like someone spewing an immature and uninformed hatred which you probably imbibed from someone else without actually understanding the situation.
Farmgirl25

Mon 26 Jan, 2009 03:56 pm
@Butrflynet,
i'm trying to be nice and not step on anybody's toes... so i'll just keep the other reasons to myself
Setanta

Mon 26 Jan, 2009 03:56 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank, you are an irredeemably bad man.

Not that that is news to any of us.