okie

Fri 9 Jan, 2009 06:38 pm
@okie,
Oh, Obama has tipped his hand a bit on the economy, and said the government was the only thing that could solve it! The only thing that will solve this is for the government to make it easier for private enterprise to solve it. Any dufus should know that. Even some Democrats are balking at his grandiose government shopping spree!
H2O MAN

Fri 9 Jan, 2009 06:51 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:

Even some Democrats are balking at his grandiose government shopping spree!

Yeah, he's not going to get the rummer stamp of approval from fellow democrats.
Even they understand that you can't run a country solely on a campaign slogan.

Yes we can! Ugh... no you can't!
0 Replies

nimh

Fri 9 Jan, 2009 08:02 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:
BTW, I am simply repeating the same argument the left used to blame Bush for 9/11, since it happened on his watch. [..]

So, the same rules apply to Obama.

"The left" blamed Bush for 9/11 huh?

I just love the way you pretend that what the angrier, Michael Moore-type nutters said somehow equates to what "the left" said -- only so you can use it as an excuse to be equally nutty about Obama in your turn.

EDIT: What Revel said.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Fri 9 Jan, 2009 08:23 pm
@H2O MAN,
Waterman, do you realize how racist you look with your use of "O BOY"?
Rockhead

Fri 9 Jan, 2009 08:26 pm
@JLNobody,
JLN, I will save you the trouble...

NO

and it's like arguing with silly putty.

pretty soon all you see is other peoples letters all over a gooey ball...
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Fri 9 Jan, 2009 09:17 pm
http://i41.tinypic.com/vy5hy8.jpg
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Sat 10 Jan, 2009 12:42 am
H2O MAN wrote:
O boy's plan to make big government even bigger is the wrong change for this country.
O boy will spend more than any administration in American history and his changes will force this country into a deep recession.
At some point, we the people of these United States will need to rise up and take our country back from O boy and his oppressive government of change.

Hey, Nostradamus, you seem to believe that you've got the future pegged, how about some real prognosticating. Who's gonna win the Superbowl, and by what score?
H2O MAN

Sat 10 Jan, 2009 07:20 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

Who's gonna win the Superbowl, and by what score?

Thanks, but I'll stick with topics that really matter... O boy, the economy, Homeland Security, GWOT, taxes etc...
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Sat 10 Jan, 2009 08:20 am
What the hell! Mr. Green

Carolina Panthers by 10
http://static.nfl.com/static/site/img/teams/CAR/CAR_logo-80x90.gif
0 Replies

Magginkat

Sat 10 Jan, 2009 12:33 pm
@H2O MAN,
And the ignorance of the right is what..................???
0 Replies

Magginkat

Sat 10 Jan, 2009 12:36 pm
@okie,
Sounds like you are describing what we have lived through the past 8 miserably long years. Georgie wanted the title and the prestige but he never wanted the job. All his miserable, useless life others have cleaned up after him and this is no different.

Obama could not possibly be a ignorant & dumb as the current squatter in the White House........not even if he worked at it 24/7.
okie

Sat 10 Jan, 2009 02:29 pm
@Magginkat,
You are about to experience a demonstration of utter confusion, Maggie, you only have to wait a few days now. Starting with THE speech, give us a break. Talk about creating a celebrity where there was none!
JLNobody

Sat 10 Jan, 2009 04:54 pm
How unpatriotic and racist to hope that Obama will fail simply because he is of the wrong party (and--given the appelation, "O Boy"--perhaps race).
Hang in there Maggi; you're looking good.
JTT

Sat 10 Jan, 2009 05:14 pm
@okie,
Quote:
Talk about creating a celebrity where there was none!

You are such a nutcase, Okie. You guys do this all the time, write this completely contradictory, hypocritical bullshit. What have you been doing for the past 8 years; trying to create a celebrity where there was none. Where ever GWB traveled he was shunned or booed down.

For him to make an appearance even in his own country, it was required that his handlers create a little Potemkin village of brain dead followers.

Obama, on the other hand, plays to huge crowds the world over. Why? Because people can see that he is an individual capable of thought, not a glib one line, lying ass like GWB is, was and will always be.

And yet you keep mouthing nonsense. I'd really like to meet you sometime. You must be noted in the Guiness Book under stupidity.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Sat 10 Jan, 2009 05:22 pm
@JLNobody,
Both PEBO and O boy are appropriate tags.
0 Replies

okie

Sat 10 Jan, 2009 06:36 pm
@JLNobody,
JLNobody wrote:

How unpatriotic and racist to hope that Obama will fail simply because he is of the wrong party (and--given the appelation, "O Boy"--perhaps race).
Hang in there Maggi; you're looking good.

I would like to clarify something here. We hear all the time, even from Republicans, that we should not want Obama to fail. Look, where are the people with common sense here? I do not want the country to fail, nor do I want Obama to screw things up royally, but for policies that are detrimental to the country, I am not wanting them to be pushed through congress in the interests of Obama succeeding. Obama succeeding is not a one to one relationship to the country succeeding. Obama thinks that is the case, as do his supporters, but that is why we have more than one political party, to provide a counter balance to policies that are wrong headed, to try to stop a party from going off into the wild blue yonder on a tangent. We do not wish those tangents to start out well if we believe there is a dead end at the end of the tangent.

So, no, I do not wish Obama succeeds with bad policies, but if any of his policies are good, I will wish him well. So I for one am tired of hearing the mantra, "come on, give him a chance to succeed, blah blah blah." As of yet, I don't see anything significant that he is doing right. He hasn't done anything yet, besides put together a staff, and start pulling for a stimulus package, and I am not particularly enthusiastic about either one of those areas. There are indications he is headed in the wrong direction, and I will be here to argue against them, regardless of whether pop culture and the press are in the tank for Obama. Some of us still think for ourselves.
JTT

Sat 10 Jan, 2009 06:46 pm
@okie,
Quote:
... but for policies that are detrimental to the country,

Have I yet mentioned that you are such a nutcase, Okie. You guys do this all the time.

You apparently have the memory and attention span of a gnat.
0 Replies

okie

Sat 10 Jan, 2009 09:54 pm
Meaningful debate with JTT is a waste of time. I was warned about this, but I tend to forget it, and try again. Thumbs down on JTT, a lost soul wandering around in his own false sense of reality, not connected to the real.
0 Replies

rabel22

Sun 11 Jan, 2009 01:34 am
http://news.yahoo.com/comics/nonsequitur
How many recognize themselves.
0 Replies

Advocate

Sun 11 Jan, 2009 09:35 am
The right is so pitiful. It managed to stay in power for a long time under a Ponzi-type economic plan. Now that the plan is bankrupt, the public has concluded that the right is the enemy. It is always just a matter of time until the right implodes.