Rockhead

Wed 31 Dec, 2008 10:37 am
@Ticomaya,
Pretty sure I'm drinking all day are you, or just tossing that in to rub salt in a potential wound, my good christian brother?

It's 10:30 am, am I drinking now mr. defender of the poor and downtrodden?

Feel free to continue with your axe grinding, dingo boy.

(assumptions have ALWAYS been your strong suit)

If you wish to continue this, please do it on my thred, as we both know this is not about Okie, or Obama...
Ticomaya

Wed 31 Dec, 2008 11:13 am
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:
Pretty sure I'm drinking all day are you, or just tossing that in to rub salt in a potential wound, my good christian brother?

Not rubbing salt, just pointing out that perhaps you ought not post while drunk. (And I recall you took issue with a certain other poster taking shots at you while doing so.)

Of course that would greatly limit your participation at this forum, wouldn't it?

Quote:
It's 10:30 am, am I drinking now mr. defender of the poor and downtrodden?

The first step is to admit you have a problem ... (isn't it? I'm not an alchie, so I'm not 100%).
Rockhead

Wed 31 Dec, 2008 11:14 am
@Ticomaya,
your information comes from the same place as your ethics?

(your ass)

If this really bothers you, why don't you be like Osso, and start a nasty defamatory thred to make your stinky points...
Ticomaya

Wed 31 Dec, 2008 11:23 am
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:
your information comes from the same place as your ethics?

(your ass)

What info? That it's 10:30 a.m. and you're an alchie? I think you just admitted that.

I thought my advice was spot on. A word to the wise ought to be sufficient. Apparently a word to you doesn't work unless it's smacked into your head with a plank.
0 Replies

okie

Wed 31 Dec, 2008 12:26 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

.... why don't you be like Osso, and start a nasty defamatory thred to make your stinky points...

That might be good advice for yourself, Rocky.
Rockhead

Wed 31 Dec, 2008 12:29 pm
@okie,
Tico was correct about one thing, Okie.

I should not let your inane posts draw me into responding, and henceforth I will endeavor to ignore you.

(soz I owe you an apology, as well)
0 Replies

okie

Wed 31 Dec, 2008 12:40 pm
Back to the subject, perhaps some people might be interested in the "inane" observations of a sharp political observer, Karl Rove, in regard to the inconsistencies and curious things about the Blago / Obama connection:

http://www.foxnews.com/video2/video08.html?maven_referralObject=3387642&maven_referralPlaylistId=&sRevUrl=http://www.foxnews.com/

Butrflynet

Wed 31 Dec, 2008 01:09 pm
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/12/31/obamas_to_stay_at_the_hay_adam.html?wprss=the-trail
Quote:

Obamas to Stay at the Hay-Adams Hotel

By Anne E. Kornblut
When the Obamas move to Washington over the weekend they will take up residence at the Hay-Adams Hotel, the storied, luxury hotel on Lafayette Park, within walking distance of the White House.

President-elect Barack Obama, currently on vacation in Hawaii, will bring his wife, Michelle, and daughters, Sasha and Malia, to town at some point this weekend, transition officials said; Sidwell, where both girls will be attending, starts school next week.

And for a few weeks, they will live in close proximity to the White House -- first at the Hay Adams, and then, starting Jan. 15, a few steps closer, at Blair House, the presidential guest house.

The Hay-Adams, at 16th and H Sts. NW, has 145 rooms and 20 suites; its restaurant is a regular meeting spot for White House officials in any administration. And its bar is, fittingly for the no-leak Obama team, called Off the Record.

Should be an interesting luncheon President Bush is hosting at the White House next week for all the living presidents and President-elect Obama.
mysteryman

Wed 31 Dec, 2008 01:12 pm
@Butrflynet,
Quote:
Should be an interesting luncheon President Bush is hosting at the White House next week for all the living presidents and President-elect Obama.

Not to be nit-picky, but there is only one living President, and 3 living FORMER Presidents.
ossobuco

Wed 31 Dec, 2008 01:14 pm
@Butrflynet,
Ah, when I read about the hotel yesterday the name was a secret for security reasons. I wondered how long that would last.
I'm an old hotel fan - I checked out the Hay-Adams once - just walking into and around the lobby on one of our walk around Washington days. (Didn't check out the bar..)
Ticomaya

Wed 31 Dec, 2008 01:14 pm
@mysteryman,
Did you say NOT to be nit-picky, MM? Laughing
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Wed 31 Dec, 2008 01:15 pm
@mysteryman,
I stand corrected.

Should be an interesting luncheon President Bush is hosting at the White House next week for all the living FORMER presidents and President-elect Obama.

Haven't seen any mention of whether their wives will also be attending. Anyone know?
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Wed 31 Dec, 2008 01:26 pm
@ossobuco,
Quite a view:

http://www.hayadams.com/washington-dc-hotel-gallery.php

http://www.historichotels.org/hotel/The_Hay_Adams_Hotel

0 Replies

parados

Wed 31 Dec, 2008 02:07 pm
@okie,
So, who's word should we take on this okie? The prosecutor that has tapes of conversations or Karl Rove, a political operator?

I suggest we take the word of the prosecutor.
okie

Wed 31 Dec, 2008 06:37 pm
@parados,
Is this the statement you are talking about?

"I should make clear, the complaint makes no allegations about the president-elect whatsoever, his conduct. This part of the scheme lost steam when the person that the governor thought was the president- elect's choice of senator took herself out of the running. But after the deal never happened, this is the governor's reaction, quote, "They're not willing to give me anything but appreciation. Bleep them," close quote. And again, the bleep is a redaction."

I should point out, Parados, that Fitzgerald says only that this complaint does not make any allegation against Obama, but he doesn't mention people working for Obama, nor does this address Obama's misleading statements since this whole thing began. As I have repeatedly said, and apparently you have yet to read what I have said, I have not asserted Obama committed any crime, but I have asserted that he has apparently misled us about what he probably knows about all of this. I also think it strange that Fitzgerald says alot of the stuff he says, like stopping a crime spree, as if that is his job, so just what kinds of further crimes were in the works in regard to the Senated seat? If Obama was aware of Blago's attempts to sell, but did not report it, he may not be responsible legally, but perhaps his law license could be at risk?
0 Replies

okie

Mon 5 Jan, 2009 09:58 pm
With Richardson taking an exit without a fight to confirmation to the cabinet, one wonders what kind of vetting was done by the Obama team? People living in NM, my friends and acquaintances say rumors are rampant about the gov being on the take for a long time, it was not a secret. And now the CIA chief, even the Democrats say this was a total surprise, and a guy that is merely a Clinton hack, no experience whatsoever? The bad picks are piling up, and for a guy running on change, what a collection of political hacks in his administration, good grief. Do I need to state the obvious, that it increasingly looks like a guy with no experience not knowing what hes doing? Face it, a chicago street organizer now has been promoted to president. Are we supposed to all sleep well at night, knowing this?
Thomas

Tue 6 Jan, 2009 09:21 am
@okie,
okie wrote:
With Richardson taking an exit without a fight to confirmation to the cabinet, one wonders what kind of vetting was done by the Obama team?

For once, I kind of agree with you, okie. An investigation is not a sentence, and Richardson is innocent until proven guilty. But this stuff continues the Obama campaign's embarrassing tradition of letting-the-left-hand-not-know-what-the-right-hand-does, which had annoyed me so much in the early days:

"Let's have our applicants fill out super-intrusive questionnaires, down to traffic tickets and embarrassing diary entries."

"Oops! Just missed a grand jury investigation."
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Tue 6 Jan, 2009 09:30 am
@okie,
okie wrote:

With Richardson taking an exit without a fight to confirmation to the
cabinet, one wonders what kind of vetting was done by the Obama team?

Nobody vetted Obama and I expect the same is true for the rest of O boy's team.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Tue 6 Jan, 2009 09:44 am
None of this would be happening if we'd elected Hillary.
JLNobody

Tue 6 Jan, 2009 10:02 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Now THIS is what I call the beginning of a feeding frenzy.