Bi-Polar Bear

Tue 6 Jan, 2009 10:07 am
@JLNobody,
Wink
0 Replies

Advocate

Tue 6 Jan, 2009 10:47 am
Panetta was a former chief-of-staff to Clinton, and a distinguished congressman. I imagine this gave him a grounding in intelligence and, certainly, administration. The latter is crucial considering the disarray endemic at the CIA

Leon Panetta
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

18th White House Chief of Staff
In office
July 17, 1994 " January 20, 1997
President Bill Clinton
Preceded by Mack McLarty
Succeeded by Erskine Bowles

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of the U.S. House of Representatives
from California's 17th district
In office
January 3, 1993 " January 22, 1993
Preceded by Cal Dooley
Succeeded by Sam Farr

Member of the U.S. House of Representatives
from California's 16th district
In office
January 3, 1977 " January 3, 1993
Preceded by Burt L. Talcott
Succeeded by Don Edwards

Born June 28, 1938 (1938-06-28) (age 70)
Monterey, California
Political party Democratic
Profession Lawyer, Professor
Leon Edward Panetta (born June 28, 1938) is a Democratic politician and scholar from California's Central Coast. He served as White House Chief of Staff to Bill Clinton, and before that was a member of the United States House of Representatives from 1977 to 1993. He is the founder and director of the Panetta Institute, serves as Distinguished Scholar to the Chancellor of the California State University system and is a professor at Jesuit-run Santa Clara University teaching public policy. On January 5, 2009, it was reported that President-elect Barack Obama will name him Director of the Central Intelligence Agency.[1]
okie

Tue 6 Jan, 2009 10:58 am
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:

I imagine this gave him a grounding in intelligence and, certainly, administration.

Lots of people don't have quite that imagination that you seem to have.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Tue 6 Jan, 2009 12:01 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

None of this would be happening if we'd elected Hillary.

Laughing
Bi-Polar Bear

Tue 6 Jan, 2009 12:13 pm
@FreeDuck,
thank you for getting that I'm just farting around
0 Replies

Thomas

Tue 6 Jan, 2009 08:41 pm
Yuck! Sanjay Gupta as attorney general? What's that about?
Cycloptichorn

Tue 6 Jan, 2009 08:47 pm
@Thomas,
He's an interesting choice. The job of Surgeon General is to promote certain memes as much as anything else... and he's well-recognized and liked.

Cycloptichorn
Thomas

Tue 6 Jan, 2009 08:51 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Interesting. Well, I guess we can agree on that. Indeed, when I think about your enthusiasm for everything else Obama does, "interesting" sounds devastating, relatively speaking.
realjohnboy

Tue 6 Jan, 2009 08:58 pm
@Thomas,
Surgeon General, Thomas. Not AG.
Interesting character is Gupta. He wrote op-ed pieces about the practice of medicine while a student at the U of Michigan. He is a neurosurgeon, a one-time advisor to an earlier President, and only later a "journalist."
I am not sure what the job of the Surgeon General is. Perhaps to nag us about healthy living. Perhaps more. It seems to me to be a good choice.
Rockhead

Tue 6 Jan, 2009 09:00 pm
@realjohnboy,
I'm unsure myself, rjbsan...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsZwhp6zlbo
okie

Tue 6 Jan, 2009 09:22 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

He might have been better than what we got.
0 Replies

Thomas

Tue 6 Jan, 2009 09:43 pm
@realjohnboy,
Sorry. I did mean surgeon general. I have always instinctively disliked him, but he he lost my respect for good with his TV-diagnosis of Mukasey's collapse a few months ago.
realjohnboy

Tue 6 Jan, 2009 09:43 pm
@Rockhead,
Thanks, Rockhead, for that link. I watched it twice. My 1st inclination was that Dr Koop had no right to "impose" his fundamentalist Christian beliefs on the rest of "us." Upon further review, though, I am inclined to believe that, for their own sanity, there is nothing wrong with doctors internally embracing some kind of "faith."
Koop, you will recall, was a darling of the Reagan conservatives until he started talking about AIDS/HIV.
Rockhead

Tue 6 Jan, 2009 09:46 pm
@realjohnboy,
I am unusually neutral and respectful of the man myself.

I hold the hope that our real leaders can withhold their personal agendas for our better good.

(said as a cynic...)
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Tue 6 Jan, 2009 10:09 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas, I reckon I have a blind spot. I do not own a television. I have read about Dr Gupta but know absolutely zilch about his latest career as a tv guy.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Tue 6 Jan, 2009 10:57 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

I so agree with you. Sanjay is a walking talking pharmaceutical commercial.
Cycloptichorn

Wed 7 Jan, 2009 10:07 am
@Thomas,
I'm in the same boat as RJB - I don't watch much CNN and have never really seen him on TV. To me, he's just some sort of personality-doctor guy.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

okie

Wed 7 Jan, 2009 10:17 am
@FreeDuck,
FreeDuck wrote:

Thomas wrote:

I so agree with you. Sanjay is a walking talking pharmaceutical commercial.

As the appointments roll in, and investigations continue,
Change We Can Believe In!
http://www.google.com/images?q=tbn:q4Cd6LDpMIW3BM::obamamedia.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/change-we-can-believe-in-800px.png
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Wed 7 Jan, 2009 10:19 am
No matter if Obama stumbles and fucks up ...he'll have to go a long way not to be an improvement over that guy on the way out.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Wed 7 Jan, 2009 10:56 am

Can our Republic survive 4 years of the democrat cult of corruption under Barack Hussein Obama?